• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How would you leave?

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    How would you leave PC, if you decided to leave today? That is, would you just log out and never log in again, tell someone, post something, get yourself banned, etc.?

Years
    Ah, this I can relate to as I experience 'leaving'.

Well, I just stop posting, basically through not logging in again. I remove the forum from my saved bookmarks and try to forget about the forum. As much as I would like to re-visit, not post or anything, just visit, I'll be afraid that I will somehow feel inclined to log in, which is what happened to me today.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Well, I'd probably not do it like this again, that's for sure!

If I were to leave, I'd tell the staff the reasons for my departure, and then maybe do a goodbye blog post or something. I don't think I'd go into too much detail in the general one, but if I were leaving under negative circumstances, I'd probably fire some final shots before bidding this place adieu. If it's an entirely amicable exit, I guess I'd use the opportunity to thank the people who've made my time here so nice. It all depends, really! :D

Years

I actually lol'ed. Long time since I saw that.

I would tell the staff why I was leaving in great detail and not say much more than that. A part of me would like to go out in a big explosion of awesomeness, but I dislike a lot of attention, so just a subdued exit for me.​

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
    Jon that leaving thread is so truly incredible.

Idk how I'd leave really. Probably drop a quick note in the DCC so regulars can say bye, make some sorta thread giving an explanation in the mod forum, and be on my way. Like Fabio said I'm not one for all the attention and stuff (plus it never really goes down well) so that'd be about it.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    That leaving thread LOL I died XD

Anyways I would probably have a blog, and make a thread or a post somewhere saying that would be my last post and redirecting to my blog for the people who wanted to say bye, that'd probably be it! I wouldn't just up and leave because I know how confusing that can be for others and I wouldn't wanna cause anything like that so I would be clear about it but not make a whole big deal.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years

Holy crap! Just... wow. There's a slice of PC history for you lmao.

How would I leave? I think I'd just go. Since I'm on staff I'd have to let them know I was leaving because it's pretty much a dick move to just go inactive and let them find out that way, but as to the rest of the community? I'd just leave without a word. I really can't stand goodbyes and the thought of having to sit there and write out a leaving blog would just tear me up.

I'd tell my friends so they could add me on Facebook or MSN or something, then they could tell people who asked if they wanted. But yeah... I'm not going anywhere for a while lol

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
    Years

Just wanna throw this out there, that Razor Leaf showed me that thread with no explanation as to what it was, and I thought it was a current one. >__> I was all "WTF I HAD NO IDEA HE WAS THAT MAD Oh wait it's six years old..." xD

Anyways, I would likely make a blog or something. I mean, if I was really angry over something, I would PM my friends here my MSN or email, and just leave, but if I just had to go for other reasons, I would either blog or use that one thread in NU/W for goodbyes. Then again, I'm not THAT active a member to have tons of people missing me, so something small would suffice.

Years
    jumping on the bandwagon here don't mind me 8)

Hahaha that post made me write better replies in OVP. I was insulted that you said we had no intelligence. :p

I'd just write a blog post about why I left. I'd try to keep it drama free, unless I was really mad... then I might. I've done drama-filled posts before and I do it pretty decently I think.
    In a dream world I would screw up as much as I could on the way just to stir things up, but I'm too much of a coward to do it. Even if I were *really* mad I couldn't screw up PC.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    ITT: Everyone loving Cats Dog's leaving thread.

No idea, I'd probably just fade away into the background or make a crazy post in the leaving thread then be forced to return after.

Broken_Arrow

Paper Plane
    Years
    i'll just leave,i don't think that me being here makes a big difference so i think when i decided that i'll leave a message on my profile saying "goodbye"..that's all.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    When I leave, I'll make my last post on here be the main quote in my sig and never log on except for only the most personal of reasons like a birthday reminder for example.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    Since I'm staff, I'm obviously going to let the other staff members know. Then I'm just gonna disappear. I'm not going to make changes to my profile, or make a blog about my leaving (not even post in my own L/A thread). I'll just... *poof*. If people want to know where I've been, they have me on msn and facebook. Contact me there and I'll explain, pretty much.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    If I left PC, I'd blog about why I left, then make a post in the L/A thread when necessary. If anyone asks me why I left on Facebook or YIM, then I say why.

Inept Prodigy

Skillfully Unskilled
    Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2014
    Considering I've left several times...I'd probably just eventually stop posting for a long time and then logging in. Of course though, it wasn't because I chose to leave. Stuff happens, people get busy, and things start to drift away. If I chose to leave, I'd just up and become an inactive like I usually do. however, I'll probably end up coming back in a year or 2 >.> There's a sort of charm about this place that brings people back I suppose

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    It would be a quiet adieu, and I would just fade to black.
    This would probably suit me best anyway. I generally hate farewells, but anything flashy is even worse. I would try to contact all the awesome people I've met here though. :)

Years
    I don't like goodbyes so I'd probably simply log off and not come back. Maybe I'd leave a short message before going, but then that would mean I'd be tempted to check back and see what kind of a response it would get and that'd be defeating the purpose, you know?

Kano Shuuya

→ you're here, aren't you?
    Years

HAHAHAH ohmygod..

/throat clear

That's how I would go out "MYGOD WHATS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE? GO DIE. /leaves"

Not really.. :| I love me some PC, sooo I'd tell staff members first, and post a thread in the staff lounge, and then I'm sure I'd repeat a lot of whatever I said through a blog entry. Dunno if I'd bother with the NU / W LoA thread, but maybe. Probably just a "I'm leaving, omg read my blog" post.

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    I wouldn't even bother contacting anyone prior to leaving. I'd just log out and never log back in again. It's not like anybody would actually notice or care.

Back