• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen How'd You Guys Get Your Games?

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
  • My brother and I had them pre-ordered at Gamestop, along with Smash for Wii U, and my brother had to pick them up himself on Friday, because I had an interview to go to at campus on that same day, so I dropped him off at thirty minutes before interview's schedule. By the time the interview's over and drove back to Gamestop, he came out of the store with our copies, so I came just in time.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • After waking up my cousin as usual, I went to EB Games, picked up my pre-order of Alpha Sapphire and went back home. Luckily, the line wasn't too long. While I waited for my copy, I had a quick chat with a mother who got mixed up with her son's choice of both versions, since he wasn't clear on that.

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    Around 5:00 PM, my family went to the mall so I went to GameStop and picked up an Alpha Sapphire copy.

Broncos

Jesus take the wheel
    Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2016
    No one would ever guess I play Pokemon judging by my appearance. The way I am as a person (confident, decent looking ;), good with the ladies) at work people would be shocked! I get odd looks when I purchase video games at GameStop because I either get looked at by chick cashiers like, "could you help me get pregnant?!", or by dudes like, "could you help me get pregnant?!" Even when I bought Assassin's Creed Unity. Not just kids play video games! Ya know?

Grabbed OR early in the morning Friday on my way to work. No pre-order, no hiding; just walked in and asked for Omega Ruby. The guy cashier said "right on," and I felt even more cool.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • Alright, so my story... actually, me and my friend's story.

We both already reserved the game since back at September at a shop called Terminal Game. By release date, we both received a call from the shop stating that ORAS is already in stock, but since I had college and a day-long event on Saturday, the earliest I could pick it up is by Sunday. My friend wanted to start ORAS with me, even when she live really close to the store, so she waited 'til Sunday as well.

Now see here: We went to the shop last Sunday, and they were out.

We were mad at first, but then the thought that a lot of people had picked it up at Friday and Saturday crossed our minds. Obviously the amount of copies in stock would ran out by the time we came.

And then they said that they'll be receiving another shipment today. Cue waiting it out by going to the restaurant, nearly going to the movies (but then saw the line), and fooling around with our Smash Bros demos 'cause we're dirt cheap people that could only afford for a copy of both ORAS for the two of us.

Still, we did get them by... 1 or 2 PM?

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2016
    Well I feel like a dunce. I had pre-ordered my game, Alpha Sapphire, a few weeks ago.

The 21st rolls around, and luckily I had the day off, so early in the morning I set off to go pick it up.

I arrive at the store a few minutes before it was set to open, at 9am.

I was the first one in.

Find out that the store I went to was not the store that I had pre-ordered the game at. I needed to go to the other store in town.

I was so embarrassed.

I arrive at the second EB Games location and decided then and there that I wanted the Omega Ruby version rather than the Alpha Sapphire version. Luckily their shelves were packed with copies of the game so there was no problems with me getting it.

I was one happy fox!

Years
  • I received my copy from Toys R Us.
    There was a tiny line in waiting with most people waiting for Smash Bros since the midnight release of PKMN most people went to. I was fangirling with another girl about Attack on Titan because we both had Levi keychains on our lanyards till the doors opened. Me and the girl both had $80, ready to finish off the preorder payments when they hit us with 'it's only $65'.
    A BOGO ON BRAND NEW GAMES
    I WAS SO EXCITED I LOVE SAVING MONEY ;A;
    I also got my Charizard Y plush for preordering both games.

skyburial

Orca Hype
    Years
  • Pre-ordered AS on the day that I went in to pick up my Shiny Gengar. Picked a Game Stop in the most bustling part of Denver because my fellow Pokemon Master and friend lives on the other side of town, and this city definitely has an epicenter.

Took me about 3 hours to get the game and get home in Friday rush hour, all things said and done.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Nov 10, 2023
    I'm in the UK so I'll start by saying I preordered Alpha Sapphire preloaded with the transparent blue 2DS on Shopto on the 22nd of November.Got an email earlier today saying DPD have got my package and it will be delivered tomorrow.Hoping it comes tomorrow,as I am at college and my dad said he will be home all day.
    It came today love Shopto and must say love the feel of the 2DS as well.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2016
    I'm waiting for Amazon to dispatch my games at the moment, I preordered Alpha Sapphire back in June, but decided that I'd preorder Omega Ruby as well this week. They are apparently going to arrive one day after another so fingers crossed I am playing both by Sunday! I'll keep you updated :P

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2015
    I just saved up my money like 2 months before it came out then went to gamestop after school with my friends

QueenNatSumi

Fit to be a Queen
    Years
  • Game stop. I'm gona take that poster give it that protective covering and turn it into a desktop mat. It's gona be cool.

Rainflower

분홍신
    Years
  • Since neither me and my brother have the Paypal account to buy them from Amazon or e-shop, we finally went to our nearest (and our favorite) shopping mall for its local Gamespot. There are some other game shops, but apparently they have their stocks sold out/not yet available, so there we go, to the Gamespot!

Thankfully, they still have quite a lot in their stock, both OR/AS. It was sold for around $40.67 in my place so we had to re-think if we want to buy either or only one of them. In the end, we bought both and I started by Omega Ruby first. My brother was busy with his college stuff so he had to suspend his Alpha Sapphire for a little while (and it's still unpackaged!). I'm enjoying the nostalgia so far.

Dunnydude

Too Spooky
    Years
  • Here's my little misadventure:

I'm lucky enough to live in the city that has the Nintendo World store in it. This place has literally been my favorite store in the entire city for so many years.
    Anyway, Nintendo World hosts many release events for new games that end up being quite fun to attend to. Last year I was planning to attend the X and Y early release event, but when I got there the line ended up wrapping around 6 blocks and wouldn't start moving until 10 PM. People were camping out there for a day or two, and I had no chance.

So yet again the store was hosting an early release event for ORAS and a few other games. I realized the possibility of there being another line, but I thought that since ORAS wasn't an entirely new Generation of Pokemon games there wouldn't have been a line. To my surprise, people were camping out for the past day.

I was so disappointed; I managed to miss 2 events in a row. I never attend events like these unless they are something I was really looking forward to.
    So of course I returned to the store the next day and I was lucky enough to snag any remaining goodies from the event along with Alpha Sapphire itself.

That's my story. I'll be sure to be prepared for any disappointments if another event is planned. :)

Back