• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hyrule Warriors - Now in Stores!

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    I knew he'll show up sooner or later. He's got the aesthetic looks inspired by Demise and the ability to use two swords like his Wind Waker incarnation.
    Spoiler:

And lol, how he opens that chest was hilarious. I'm telling you, HW Ganon puts Smash Ganon to shame in terms of play style, to the point where fans want the HW incarnation in Smash Bros. rather than Falcondorf. I shall finish this post by leaving this image showing all three villainous fan-favorites together:

Spoiler:

Night Watcher

Hotdog MAn
    Years
    Direct just finished, and it was mainly a recap of everything shown so far with a few exceptions of course.

First things first. THE KING HAS ARRIVED.

Oh, baby. Ganondorf, the long hair is kinda off-putting since you're looking a lot like Susano'o, but whatever. This moveset is absolutely brutal, it seems to be a combination of Taishi Ci and Susano'o, leaning more towards Taishi Ci. Definitely going to be one of the first characters I'm going to max out. Also, how he opens chest had me chuckling for a bit, haha.

About Ganon, I feel like his move at 1:05 is like a move from Keiji Maeda from Sengoku Basara.
    It looks about the same but he uses his swords, while Keiji uses his huge spear (Or whatever that thing is.)

Hyrule Warriors - Now in Stores!

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    They revealed the retailer stores holding each of the HW DLC costumes: https://playeressence.com/hyrule-warriors-pre-order-costume-pack-stores-revealed/

A lot of people are throwing a hissy fit about Nintendo selling themselves to the devil of gaming because of this decision, even though it was their own fault about wanting Nintendo to evolve in today's modern industry due to being "out of touch."

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2014
    I'm not really offended with the costume packs at separate retailers, though I've had my game pre-ordered and paid for..well, long before this announcement.
    So I'll take what Game Stop has to give. I hope they at least offer the DLC costumes/skins on e-shop at some point? That would be nice of them. I'd prefer the Twilight Princess pack to Ocarina, but Ocarina is fine too.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    I mean, it's cool we get to play as Ganondorf and all but why is he fighting his own minions? ?_?

I'm not sure which character I'll pick as my main. I don't really have anything to compare this too since I haven't played any Dynasty Warriors games before. I'll have to try them all out! 8)

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    I don't mind DLC content for buying from select retailers SO LONG as everyone can get the content in-game somehow. If I have to collect 5000 rupees to unlock a Skyward Sword costumes, that's fine, since I can still get it. But if I'm barred from content by being forced to choose a retailer, it will be ridiculous.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    Yeah, makes no sense because people are undoubtedly going to want to collect 'em all, but nobody's going to buy the game three times. I hope it'll be in there somewhere, or at least able to be purchased/won/downloaded from somewhere down the road.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
    I have a feeling that they'll all just end up being available as separate DLC content anyways for a small price. Hm, but, I wanted to have Skyward Sword Costumes which will mean purchasing on Best Buy.. but Gamestop has more special deals, gah. 8D

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
    The trailer for Zant has been out since yesterday.

I know Zant is insane, I would have never thought that they would implement it into his moveset, haha. It looks comedic and entertaining at first, but then you notice how vulnerable Zant is during his animations. I mean I like the appeal of them, but he's going to be interrupted for most of his Charge attacks. This is one character that I'm probably going to stay away from.

Oh, some stores in Japan broke the street date. So leaks are flying around if you're curious about details of the game.

Also, one person took some pictures of the Hyrule Warriors Artbook and it reveals an interesting piece of scrapped concept.

Spoiler:

It's a female Link! I instantly thought of the Elf from Dragon's Crown when I saw that design, lol.

Arc

Years
    Presumably the last trailer for Hyrule Warriors, as the game has been officially released for Japan today. (technically yesterday, due to timezones)

Well, his tongue schtick made it in. So, I was hoping his moveset was going to be more flying swords in a Zhong Hui fashion like I saw in the Direct, but there isn't that much semblance. Ghirahim is more of an ordinary sword fighting style for his normal attacks, but he does have some badass Charge attacks. I like how his Focus Spirit is his final form in SS.

Arc

Years
    The soundtrack is definitely kick ass. My favourite track as of now is probably Solidus Cave. Really like how some tracks have turned out in a rock rendition, like Hyrule Fields.

Solidus Cave

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    All the subtle uses of different cave tunes in the background of the tracks are great, but my god that main brass. Whoever did this soundtrack better be working on the main Zelda, or at least helping.

Reactions: Arc

SmashBrony

Epic Adventurer
    Years
    I mean, it's cool we get to play as Ganondorf and all but why is he fighting his own minions? ?_?

I'm not sure which character I'll pick as my main. I don't really have anything to compare this too since I haven't played any Dynasty Warriors games before. I'll have to try them all out! 8)
    My guess is that Cia/Shia became Villian #1 & Ganondorf, Ghirahim & Zant are trying
    to become Villian #1 themselves.

My main will most likely be one of the following:
    Impa, Link with Gauntlet, Ruto or Ganondorf.
    Maybe Lana...

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    I think the three ol' baddies have been dethroned and/or recognize the threat of what evil really is. Even though...Ganondorf is...like...evil and stuff.

I think it's an uneasy alliance between Link & Co. and Ganondorf & Co.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    So glad we can get the DLC costumes on the eShop eventually. It would've sucked to choose a retailer to get select costumes.

Still so pumped for this one. :D

Back