• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hyrule Warriors - Now in Stores!

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    It appears nobody has mentioned Hyrule Warriors getting its own Nintendo Direct next week: https://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/08-04-2014/

Maybe they'll surely introduce Ganondorf here.

Not every game needs to have online multiplayer, and the Game Overthinker has already stated how local co-op multiplayer is superior to online.

Why is it superior? Not all of us know what the Game Overthinker is.

If there's only local multiplayer the only person I have to play with is my kid brother, which would be a massive disappointment.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    Why is it superior? Not all of us know what the Game Overthinker is.
    I don't know who the Game Overthinker is o.o
    This is the Game Overthinker, and his episodes "Building a Better Gamer" and "We've Lost Something in the Fire" explains why he believes local multiplayer is superior to online multiplayer due to the saturation of anonymous trolls you'll encounter online spamming the mic, rage quitting via disconnection, and, as shown with Xbox Live, Wii, and DS, will eventually be discontinued when the next-gen console is released (made worse if a game's multiplayer is online only). That's why I'm not bothered by Hyrule Warriors lacking online co-op.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    How many people here are actually talking about playing with strangers, and not just co-op with friends on a friends list? That negates that whole argument.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    How many people here are actually talking about playing with strangers, and not just co-op with friends on a friends list? That negates that whole argument.

Plus I'm pretty sure games like Hyrule Warriors don't allow you to talk to others with a mic. I guess disconnections are annoying, but it's not like it's an every-other-person thing, at least in my experience. It's like saying don't battle with Pokemon because people will just ragequit if you ever happen to hax them too much.

Personally, I don't mind the Wifi shutoff and don't count that as a factor because I considered the games that were disconnected to be pretty old. The games that really mattered to me, Super Smash Bros and Mario Kart, were already getting sequels on the Wii U, and my friends actually play Mario Kart (lol) so I still have people to play those with. It was also fun to battle people on Pokemon Battle Revolution, but that game came out years ago and eventually it would have gotten to the point where nobody would try to connect. /shrug. Just me.

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
    Years
    So the Nintendo Direct for Hyrule Warriors, is in an hour and a half(for the US). So what do you think they are going to show off? I am excited :)

I think they may show off a new character, and go more in-depth of the game's handles with Rupees.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
    If they don't show off a new character that would be pretty ridiculous. My money's on Ganondorf as a playable character, as we haven't seen much of him yet (if my memory serves me correct.) I'm not too acquainted with the Dynasty Warrior series, but maybe the Rupees will be used to buy power-ups/weapon upgrades/attribute boosts that can help in game between rounds. It definitely looks like Rupees play a pretty big role, so hopefully the use of them in the game is well-executed.

DJTiki

Years
    Am I the only guy, who thinks that Ganondorf will not be playable, considering we didn't have any confirmation on whether we can play as the Villians and change the story? You were able to do this in Dynasty Warriors(as I recall). I'm guesing they'll go in depth with that.

With Rupees, I think there was a screenshot, floating around, about an Upgrade tree thing(I forgot what they were called).

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
    Plus I'm pretty sure games like Hyrule Warriors don't allow you to talk to others with a mic. I guess disconnections are annoying, but it's not like it's an every-other-person thing, at least in my experience. It's like saying don't battle with Pokemon because people will just ragequit if you ever happen to hax them too much.
    If Hyrule Warriors doesn't have online play (which I'm not exactly 100% sure on the status of that), it's not like it can't be done with how the Wii U operates. Even though the system doesn't have a mic to communicate with players across game, it can easily be done as evidence by the game Journey where you work with other players. Going beyond that, the game could easily implement taunts, gestures, or built-in communications like "Watch out!", "Follow me!", or "I'm going over here" that can be used with a simple use of a button. Just depends really on what direction Nintendo wants to go in.

Am I the only guy, who thinks that Ganondorf will not be playable, considering we didn't have any confirmation on whether we can play as the Villians and change the story? You were able to do this in Dynasty Warriors(as I recall). I'm guesing they'll go in depth with that.
    It would be a pretty cool twist having the opposite kind of battles that the game is showing now. What I mean is instead of playing as Link fighting the forces of evil, you can play as an evil character like Ganondorf or Zant and fight against the heroes and Hyrulian guards/soldiers. That would be a pretty sweet concept to do, but I don't think Nintendo would actually execute something like that.

DJTiki

Years
    If Hyrule Warriors doesn't have online play (which I'm not exactly 100% sure on the status of that), it's not like it can't be done with how the Wii U operates. Even though the system doesn't have a mic to communicate with players across game, it can easily be done as evidence by the game Journey where you work with other players. Going beyond that, the game could easily implement taunts, gestures, or built-in communications like "Watch out!", "Follow me!", or "I'm going over here" that can be used with a simple use of a button. Just depends really on what direction Nintendo wants to go in.

There was confirmation of No online co-op, but it didn't rule out battling others online. That would be awesome, if you could use the gamepad, to command troops to certain positions, while Player 2, can hang back, and wreck stuff. That would be a nice little feature.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015

It would be a pretty cool twist having the opposite kind of battles that the game is showing now. What I mean is instead of playing as Link fighting the forces of evil, you can play as an evil character like Ganondorf or Zant and fight against the heroes and Hyrulian guards/soldiers. That would be a pretty sweet concept to do, but I don't think Nintendo would actually execute something like that.

My Gamepad has a mic. o-o;

In the Gundam versions you can play as either Zeon or Federation so it's possible!

DJTiki

Years

In the Gundam versions you can play as either Zeon or Federation so it's possible!

Okay, so I wasn't wrong, at least. I want to creep people with Zant. If we are talking playable villians.....

Cuccos confirmed for playable characters.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years

See, this is why I need to educate myself more with the Wii U haha. I really need to get myself a handle of how it works; I never really wrapped my head around the concept of it when it was first announced at that past E3, so I'm getting all my facts mixed up :P

Cuccos confirmed for playable characters.

Please, for the love of god, tell me you're joking about this haha

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
    Direct just finished, and it was mainly a recap of everything shown so far with a few exceptions of course.

First things first. THE KING HAS ARRIVED.

Oh, baby. Ganondorf, the long hair is kinda off-putting since you're looking a lot like Susano'o, but whatever. This moveset is absolutely brutal, it seems to be a combination of Taishi Ci and Susano'o, leaning more towards Taishi Ci. Definitely going to be one of the first characters I'm going to max out. Also, how he opens chest had me chuckling for a bit, haha.

Zant and Ghirahim are confirmed playable. Zant looks rather odd, and I really can't compare him any past Warriors character (maybe Zhang He). Ghirahim moveset is very close to Zhong Hui's with all of the flying swords.

Lana has a new weapon! The Summoning Gate. Of course only saw her summoning Cuccos, so not much to say about it. Speaking of Lana, her trailer for the Deku Staff (I'm not calling it a Spear) was released yesterday.

I've said my thoughts yesterday, but I really like how it integrates all of the Deku items in the series in Lana's moveset.

The weapon system is confirmed to be the same as Dynasty Warriors 7 and upwards. Which means weapons will drop each stage and you can fuse them together. Something unique to Hyrule Warriors though, is that weapons of the same tier seem to be able to have different base stats rather than a flat and standard stat for that specific tier.

Adventure Mode seems to be Dynasty Warriors 7 and 8 Conquest mode combined with some Zelda flair. I'll say that I'm all for it.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    I liked how they showed off what the Zelda elements were. Badge modifiers like Skyward Sword, dungeons and treasure chests, that NES map thing

Not fond about pre-order retailer-specific DLC or having to register on Club Nintendo in October for Ganondorf. Kinda screws up the holiday market

DJTiki

Years
    El is going to shove it in my face, that the Villians are playable, when I said, they wouldn't xD. Oh well. But I already got me some nice and powerful SS skins, because Skyward Sword Zelda is best Zelda :p. I loved the Direct, talked of so many things.

But hey, Cuccos have a big role in Hyrule Warriors, so I'm happy,

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
    Can I just say that I absolutely love the new design of Ganondorf? When I think "King of the Gerudos" I think of this wild, untamed man who looks like he came from the wild. His long hair and beast adorned armor makes him fit the role perfectly in my opinion. Also, like Arc said, his moveset is pretty damn brutal and I could see myself playing as him.

And yeah, suck it DJTiKi.
    Spoiler:

DJTiki

Years
    Can I just say that I absolutely love the new design of Ganondorf? When I think "King of the Gerudos" I think of this wild, untamed man who looks like he came from the wild. His long hair and beast adorned armor makes him fit the role perfectly in my opinion. Also, like Arc said, his moveset is pretty damn brutal and I could see myself playing as him.

And yeah, suck it DJTiKi.
    Spoiler:

But now we have the Cuccos, which are 3000% more deadly than ever. If we harm them, a swarm will be conjurned, and you are screwed. But you can recruit them, and have them battle you. So I was partially right, for a joke, of all things.

Spoiler:

Have fun, sleeping on the battlefield, with this after your very soul :p

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years

Long lost brothers.

Ganondorf obviously to the left, and Susano'o from Warriors Orochi 3 to the right.

edit: Lana and Ganondorf are the first two characters I'm getting to level 100. So, I guess they'll be my mains.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    God damn it at that Ganon, just god damn. The long hair works, its a nice nod to Demise, and I don't get the hubbub about it being "wrong". No ones ♥♥♥♥♥ing about the boob armor on Zelda, so why can't we just enjoy this Ganon. Not that anyone here is complaining, but eh, I've seen people take this negatively. But yeah, its easily the best Ganon in years.

Back