• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I am thankful for Pok?mon because?

Kimochiru

Keep it quirky!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2022
    I am thankful for Pokémon because…

Hi, all! I hope you are enjoying your Thanksgiving so far!
    To spread the thankful mood of this holiday, let's share some reasons why we are grateful for Pokémon!

For me, I am thankful for Pokémon because:
    1. It was the video game that opened me up to the wonderful world of gaming. I would never have found Portal, Minecraft, Kirby, or any other amazing series if it weren't for Pokémon!
    2. I must thank Pokémon for being my solace in times of struggle.
    3. As a child, I was never the type of person to make friends easily, and even to this day I am very careful with whom I acquaint. I found my closest childhood friends thanks to our love of Pokémon. While we don't contact as much now, they'll always be special memories for me!
    4. And thank you to all the people who made Pokémon possible, including those who passed, for giving us Pokémon fans something truly special!

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
    I am thankful for Pokemon for many reasons but the main ones are that it really helped me get through some of the harder times in my life. It gave me this entire world to explore and make some of the best friends i ever could have asked for in my Pokemon team. I am thankful for it being a reason this community formed and giving me access to thousands of other Pokemon lovers and friends. Lastly, it truly allowed me to see the value of friendship and bond above all else including winning. Fame is fleeting but friends are forever and I've really taken that to heart.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I have so many reasons to be thankful for Pokémon but one of the biggest for me at least, is the relationships that I wouldn't have had without it. I've met most of my closest and dearest friends because of it, I've met my boyfriend because of it, and it really opened up gaming as a whole for me, because of how much I played and loved Yellow Version when I got my GameBoy Color.

I can easily say it's gonna be with me for life, even if I stop playing it's been such a big impact on me since I was five or six, and I've only gained more and more interest in it as the years have gone by.

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2016
    I'm thankful for Pokemon because throughout my entire life, it gave me an outlet to escape. I had other games, of course, but I could never veg out to them and immerse myself completely (when I was young) like I could with Pokemon.
    I know it's supposed to be unhealthy to be avoidant and distracting yourself from your problems, but when you're a little kid espeically, I don't think it's true. There's times I could see myself going crazy if I didn't have Pokemon.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Pokemon has helped me a lot on relieving my recent depression, mild social anxiety, dramas throughout my life, as well as meeting my recent special someone and making friends here on PC!

I'm truly grateful to the franchise and the companies that helped produce this fantastic series. (':

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2016
    Pokemon is a wonderful thing isn't it? I started when I was a wee youngster! Still playing to this day. I have made a lot of good friends through pokemon!

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
    I'm thankful because it is what it is. It also introduced me to franchises which today I consider superior to it (in either gameplay, lore, or adapted material), but I still come back to it.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
    I'm thankful for it bringing me to PC and how it has helped me to embrace my inner nerd a little more :P

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I'm thankful for Pokemon because it has given me a constant, reliable outlet. Even as the rest of my life has changed (and continues to change), Pokemon remains. I enjoy it on a different, much more technical level than I did when I first discovered it in the summer of 1999, but regardless of what form my love of Pokemon takes, the fact remains that it brings me joy and stress relief. At one point, I thought I would outgrow it, and even wished I would outgrow it to a small degree (not because I didn't like it, but because I thought that would help me grow up and move on), but at this point, I'm glad that my love of Pokemon has survived my growing pains and is here to stay.

I'm also grateful for Pokemon for helping me fall asleep at night. I have difficulty falling asleep a lot, and for whatever reason, a few minutes of Pokemon playing really help.

Pokemon has also allowed me to exercise my curiosity and creativity. I recall spending hours researching glitches in elementary school, and reading up on Pokemon theories as I tried to uncover the games' secrets. This drive to discover and to research has remained an important part of my life (now applied to real-world problems). Did Pokemon trigger this passion? I don't know, and I doubt it was the only factor, but it probably didn't hurt.

I don't know where I would be without Pokemon. It certainly isn't my entire life, nor even a huge chunk of it, but it has weaved its way into so many elements of my childhood, adolescence, and now, adulthood, that I cannot isolate the portion of my life that has been affected by Pokemon from the portion that has not.

LadyVenus

Team Cipher
    Years
    I am thankful for Pokemon because it's given me a real sense of adventure that I am unable to obtain in real life (I mean, let's face it, who can travel like that?). It has also made me some friends and most importantly, gave me a memorable childhood. It doesn't get much better than that.

Lunaturret

[B]The Forgotten[/B]
    Years
    Im thankful because its somethink that brought magic to me when i was a kid i guess this is the reason many love pokemon and its so diverse and quirky how can someone not like pokemon.

I can see someone growing up from pokemon but not really disliking in many ways just life alters your preception because when your a kid your pretty much free minded but as yourr grow up other things become a focus.

So i wouldnt say someone couldnt be grateful to it but more like it was somethink that was more special for a childhood.

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2015
    I am thankful for Pokemon and Anime in general because it probably kept me from getting into trouble when I was younger.

Katchelina

"...I hope a gentle light of hope will remain."
    Years
    I am thankful for pokemon because it helped me meet new people and slowly get better at communicating with strangers after moving away from all my friends.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
    I'm thankful for Pokemon for helping me out with depression and sadness especially after family members of mine passed away (especially when my grandma passed away in 2014) - it's been with me through good and bad times.

I'm also thankful to Pokemon for making me be more active and start knowing many new people and making me be less shy (in forums and real life), and bringing me hours of entertainment, no other franchise has ever done the same. My first major event alone was with Pokemon, in Sept 15 when I went to the Pokemon Symphonic Evolution.

Kaiyu

Has officially quit PC
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2016
    I am thankful for Pokémon because it became a part of my childhood and I was able to make a few friends during my elementary and middle school years.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    I'm thankful for Pokemon because without it, I wouldn't have joined various forums around the Internet and met so many wonderful people. Many of which have been my friends for years, through good times and bad.

I'm also thankful for Pokemon because it solidified my love of writing. Even though I don't write Pokemon fics anymore, I'm still writing and still having fun with it, and without it, my life wouldn't be the same.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
    I'm very thankful for Pokémon because it inspires me. Without it, I'll have nothing to live for at such a young age. Playing Pokémon Ruby was one of the most nostalgic moments of my life, and I just wish I could go back to those days again (I don't have a 3DS).

Pokémon was basically the only thing I was an actual fan of: many other games like Super Mario and Legend of Zelda didn't appeal to me that much. I just loved Pokémon better and decided to stick with that.

Back