• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I can type 60 words per minute!

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I can't type fast under the pressure of these tests, I tried one just now and had a tone of typos. ;.;

I usually use both my index fingers for letters, my right thumb for the space bar and my right little finger for the enter key. :3

Years
    I generally will type with all ten fingers. Rarely though, my right hand will use the mouse and I will only type with my left hand. I did it more frequently when I had a bunch of mathematical software open for assignments and I needed to interchange between the different programs often.

Ritzz

Bazinga
    Years
    Anyone else do the first test when you type 'wpm' into google? :p

But anyways, apparently I'm pretty slow, 46 wpm. I use all my fingers, but I guess I'm not fast enough. :3

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    After three attempts at around the same level, It seems as though my wpm is a cool, crisp 95. I'm not entirely sure what to make of it. Part of me is a bit disappointed that it isn't triple-digits (because I'm shallow), but for the most part, I'm impressed. I always seem to type better - and faster - when I'm not looking at what I'm typing, and since I was constantly reading and checking what I writing in the wpm tests, I'm not entirely sure that the number cited above is a true reflection... but that's just me being petty, I guess.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I type using all fingers and I think my right thumb, ie. nine of ten digits. I don't hold them above any particular keys —having a method to typing generally contrives and slows the process— I work on muscle memory alone through the sheer amount of time I've spent at computers. I was not pressed into any particular style as I was for writing and for that I'm free from spite about it.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Just tested myself a few times. I type 90-95wpm and type with both of my hands, without looking at the keyboard. If I look at the keyboard, I mess up. I generally gain speed the further I get into something. I've also noticed that if I typo part of a word, I backspace the whole word and type it again. My right pinky runs the shift key for absolutely every single capitalization I have to make. I haven't had lessons since I was in sixth grade. The only computer lessons I had for typing was in middle school, for two years. I type fast because I spent half of my teenage years on forums and chatrooms.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I don't know what my wpm is, but I type using all of my fingers, except for my thumbs. Instead of using my thumbs for the keyboard, I use my index fingers.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    I'm gonna move this over to Computers & Technology because... well, it's about computers!

As for me, I type with all my fingers and I would honestly have no idea how many words per minute I type (though I'm sure there's an online thing that could tell me but I'm too lazy right now). I have a friend however, who types with just her two forefingers and she manages to type faster than most of the people I've seen typing with all ten. She's absolutely amazing!

Years
    Anyone else do the first test when you type 'wpm' into google? :p

But anyways, apparently I'm pretty slow, 46 wpm. I use all my fingers, but I guess I'm not fast enough. :3

I took that test and got 61 wpm the first time. I'd have gone a lot faster if I didn't take notice of all the errors I make, because I got perfect spelling lol. I think it's because I think with my thoughts faster than I think with my eyes..

I know some people who type better and faster with their left hand on wasd instead of asdf because they've played computer games so much. lol

Years
    Let's just say fast. 128-135 WPM, I actually was faster with dvorak keyboards when I was younger... I got out of habit, though.

For those of you bragging for fast speeds, go check out dvorak. :)

quilzel

net start w3svc
    Years
    To all those people who claim they are typing at super fast speeds (anything over 60WPM): Pics or it didn't happen. https://www.typingtest.com/ says the average speed is 36wpm, and when I took my typing class I had the third highest typing speed at 54 WPM with 96% accuracy.

Pounding at the keyboard, ignoring errors I just got.

Years
    Last I had checked, I typed around 55-65 WPM whether I went back to correct for errors or not, which I am in the habit of doing.

I used to have a data entry job, so that's where a lot of the speed comes from. I spent most of my high school keyboarding class learning proper form and going from 20 WPM to 40 WPM, and that was already 6 years ago.

EDIT: For those in disbelief...

That's with going back to correct for errors (which I make a lot of).

Last edited:

quilzel

net start w3svc
    Years
    Last I had checked, I typed around 55-65 WPM whether I went back to correct for errors or not, which I am in the habit of doing.

I used to have a data entry job, so that's where a lot of the speed comes from. I spent most of my high school keyboarding class learning proper form and going from 20 WPM to 40 WPM, and that was already 6 years ago.

EDIT: For those in disbelief...

That's with going back to correct for errors (which I make a lot of).

60WPM is more believable than 120WPM. That is what I was getting at.

Years
    Even though I said earlier that I hate these tests and their pressure and type worse in them than usually, I tried this three times under different conditions, and the result always ended up being in the 40s.
    First with my new keyboard which I'm not used to very well yet (58, 16m->42), then with my old one, which suffers from the following problem:
    Spoiler:

... One with the C inserted (53, 4m -> 49) and once without (53, 7m -> 46). With the C, I was slow because it and the D kept being stuck but didn't do a lot of mistakes, without it I similarly fast - but had more mistakes because of course the third text had to suck and contain lots of Cs and hard-to-reach commas (the text was the Werther one, I should have known that one would be harder than the first two).
    With either the C not being broken or the pressure not being there, I can probably get up to 55, without both maybe 60. That's just speculation, of course.
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I type with both of my hands, and for the most part I use all my fingers. Though for some reason I usually don't end up using my middle finger on my left most of the time, so it's just hanging there as the rest of my fingers do the work. The same with my right pinkie, though I think that one does a little but more work from time to time than my left middle finger. I don't really know how to describe my typing, as I just simply type, and I could look at how I type all day and try to figure things out, and I would probably end up failing terribly at describing how fast I typed.

I.. type fast. It can range between 60 WPM to possibly 90+WPM depending on what I'm typing and the conditions. If I know what I'm saying and everything, then I'm going to type faster. With tests, it's hard for me to sometimes determine how fast I can type, because I sometimes fumble, and then crash. Buut, I took the test on the site a few times, and here are some results:
    Spoiler:

I've been told that my typing sounds like a machine gun or something, so yeah. :'D

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    My typing over the years, I think, has changed from careful intuitive typing to just punching keys on my keyboard and hoping for the best. I use both hands, left and right, and most of my fingers except for my pinky, which I think I don't use at all. I gradually gain speed, but I also make a lot of mistakes.
    Spoiler:

Some mistakes, I backspace'd, others, I just couldn't be bothered with. :C

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I remember being in high school that I was suckish at typing. I only typed with my two index fingers and looking at the keyboard. Took a keyboarding course, and today I'm a typing hare...well sorta... looking at my results.

48 WPM seems like an improvement to me, because I honestly thought I was around 30-45. But hey, at least I know how fast I did! ^_^

took this one time... jsyk. :P

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022

...I type fairly fast but I generally try to go back and correct my mistakes as I do them so that cuts into time kinda. I always always always use the left pinky to shift everything and I basically just follow that home row stuff they taught in keyboarding class in like seventh grade.

edit: vrai leveled up! typing speed increased

Last edited:
    Years
    On average, I type at about 90-100 wpm.. though I am known for a bit of typos when trying to type.. about 2-3 typos per 5 words, lol.. I never use my left pinky/middle fingers, my right middle/ring fingers nor my left thumb for typing. It's mostly both of my index fingers that do a majority of my keystrokes. I also use my right pinky finger for the backspace key, my right thumb for the space bar, and my left ring finger for the left shift key (rarely do I use the right shift key).

Back