• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Music i generally think rap is bad

Years
    Honestly? Yes, I agree. I've listened to rap in other languages (Japanese most recently) and couldn't appreciate it in that form either. It's just not my thing at all. :( I'm sure there are songs that sound good and I'll go through the ones here when I can but for still can't see that changing tbh.

AussieAsian458

To show fear is to embrace change
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Dec 16, 2023
    I adore rap music from all countries, even though. The majority I listen to from the USA.
    It was the first genre of music I got into and I still listen to it today.

But I listen to other genres too. Just that rap holds a special place for me musically.

Years
    That's a tough one because there is such a broad spectrum of rap. I'll agree on the Linkin Park part becasue they are a top 5 all-time band for me. I think mumble rap is complete dog shit and mainstream rap has been awful (in my opinion) for a very long time. I think Kendrick Lamar is really the only decent really popular rapper but there are good options if you do some digging. For me, I like cerebral rap, not "bling-bling, bitches, and hoes" rap as an old coworker of mine put it.

Aesop Rock, Blackalicious, Lyrics Born, Atmosphere, Tech N9ne (sometimes), Kendrick Lamar, and Eminem are my go-tos when I am in the mood for rap.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    I'm fine w/rap but hearing slurs makes me uncomfortable, which is why I don't listen to it. I will admit, though, I do like Japanese rap but I'm one those lame mfs who only does because of Hypnosis Mic and Paradox Live, lmfao.

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2023
    I've never, ever been able to appreciate rap music. The closest to acceptable I've come to find it is comedy rap or passages in Linkin Park songs, I think.

Do you agree, or not?

If not, is there anything you can do to try to convince me otherwise? :)

I tried to just go pass this but I couldn't let it go, I think you just don't understand what its all about.

the best intro I can think of to the different parts and sides of the issue is to watch this movie.

That's all I'm gonna say on, I'm out.

Lordecoxinha

English might falter
    Years
    Imo, rap is just like any other music genre. It takes understanding of the context in which it was created to appreciate the older artists, but the most recent stuff, for better or worse, is already past that.

Generally, I'm not a fan of rap. But I do have some songs I love, not only from true rap artists but also from artists who are barely dipping their toes in the genre, let me leave a few suggestions.

Spoiler:

I don't really think anybody can judge whether or not it's bad based on personal tastes, as I'm sure there are many rap songs that, qualitatively speaking, are a step above a ton of songs from other genres.

Back