• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I wanna be a fairy, a doctor, AND a lawyer.

Years
  • I wanted to be a dinosaur. Rawr. >:D

Never really thought about what I wanted to do as in a job. Something with animals, like a whale trainer or something like that, where I probably imagined I would just be playing with them all day.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • I always wanted to be a teacher like my daddy because I'm good at it but getting to the point where I can teach requires much more school than I'm willing to do. xD;

Now I just kind of want to have a go at everything. I'm going to school for automotive tech and that's the main thing but also I intend to take a bartending course. And I'll go do a bit of acting for stage and music videos and commercials and TV because Mum can hook me up with people who cast for those. And I guess I'll just kind of poke around and do jobs that seem mildly interesting, like tour guiding at local historical sites.

There's nothing I actually really want to be. I just want to do all kinds of things.

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2012
    Garbage man. I don't want to now, but I still respect the profession.

Kurui

Kageroza's Waifu
    Years
  • I wanted to be a writer first, but then I failed at writing. I did have a few of my words, mostly poems, published in books though.

Wanted to be a singer, but failed at singing (though i still do some work on that). I had a gig in a few bands as lead vocal for a bit. Now I just do backup or lead for other people's projects.

Wanted to design games, and helped design a few (indie games though. i don't want to work for any big titles that focus more on you know flashy stuff......I'm oldschool and to passionate for that), mostly as an artist/animator in 2D sprites, and still work on that slowly.

Oh I also dabbled in marine biology sciences and was in a school wrestling team. But that never went anywhere lol

What I became? Disabled at age 22/23.

XD

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • When I was younger, I wanted to be an astronaut because I wanted to see what it was like in space. But I don't think I might become one because of the rigorous training involved.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • When I was very young, I wanted to be a policeman. That's what my Daddy was and so I just assumed I'd do the same thing.

When I got a little older, I settled on being a teacher. My teachers were the people I respected the most and so I figured if I could live like them that would be a bad thing. When I got to the eighth grade and started learning French and fell in love with that, I decided I wanted to be a high school French teacher.

Then not long after that I discovered just how much I hated children and now I'm not sure exactly what I want to do. I do know I want to write (a-dime-a-dozen as that sounds) but I'm not 100% sure how or what I want to write.

Sweet Candace

So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
    Years
  • When I was younger, I wanted to be the head coach of my favorite NFL team, the Dallas Cowboys.

Becoming a coach is one of the many paths I can take from my intended major, Sports Management, so my dream could actually be a reality.

But, I probably want to be an event planner and plan events like the Super Bowl, or the BCS Championship game.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    A singer I thiiink? I decided on in the media or a lawyer when I was 10 though, so that was a young age to make my proper choice imo!!

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Wow, this brings back a fond memory of me from way back. When I was 5, I wanted to be a garbageman. Why that choice of profession? I can't be sure, but I think it was cause I heard they made a lot of money. And as a kid, money was something incredible. Then I grew up to around age 8 and decided I'd be a doctor, like my pops. But when I got into middle school, that changed into me wanting to become a meteorologist. No idea why, to be honest. When highschool started, though, I sorta went back to being a doctor. Then I took biology and decided I was crazy.

Now, I think I've got the perfect choice: a therapist!

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • When I was about 6 years old, I wanted to grow up to be a Veterinarian. I love animals, and, well... My 3-month old puppy had fallen ill and died at the vet's office. That's when I decided to become a vet. In my high school years, I drifted away from that dream. Now I'm studying to become an accountant, zzz.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • When I was younger (around 5-to-12 years old), I always wanted to be the next "Pele", greatest soccer player ever.

When I was in high school (around 16-19 years old) I wanted to be in a heavy metal band. **I imagined myself just like Dave Mustaine** That was the time in my life that I discovered metal music.

Now (I am going to be 27 years old on Dec. 13th) I want to be a professional chef. I want to take culinary classes, but I also want to be an artist, I'm always practicing my drawing skills.

Last edited:
    Years
  • When I was in kindergarten, I wanted to be a nurse. During elementary and middle school, I wanted to be a teacher. Staying in school sounded like fun back then. Then I wanted to be a famous writer, with huge dreams about my fanfic becoming ~canon~ (lolololololol). Then I hought voice acting would be cool for like a month. Now? No idea. I'll be stuck making pizza for the rest of my days.

Years
  • I wanted to rule the world when I was a kid. And I stlll do. But I also wanted to do many other different things like being a police officer or an athlete of some nature. A scientist crossed my mind too. In the end, it seems I've gone into the field of information technology.

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
    Years
  • When I was very young, I wanted to be a comedian for a short period of time. Then a game developer when I was a wee older, and then I made the decision I wanted to be a director for animated films. Rather recently it was when I completely destroyed that idea. There's just no way, and I'm an optimist! And after that I wanted to be either an evolutionary biologist or a zoologist. Scratch that idea. And my most recent, and hopefully permanent idea is a chiropractor.

I don't want to be a chiropractor to help people (call me selfish if you want lol), I want to be one because they make a ridiculous amount of money in relation to the work they do and, believe me, they don't work very hard. It doesn't relate to my passions in any way but hey, if I make a lot of money in that profession I can do something that relates to my passions on the side. I just want to own a spacious house to support myself and my mother, have the money for some nice extras and to help out some animals, and live happily. Nothing too ambitious at all XD

NintendoQueen

The Queen of Nintendo
    Years
  • When I was a child, I always wanted to be an artist. I loved drawing. I still do [love drawing that is], until one day at a career fest in middle school, I learned that being an artist was really hard and it's very hard for them to make much money.

But at this career fair, something else caught my eye: Interior designing. I loved the idea of decorating houses and such. I love mixing and matching colors and paint swatches [and I still do]. When my mom is painting, she'll consult me for what colors/accessories would look nice.

This all changed when I got into high school, senior year. I tried to find schools around me for interior design. No luck.
    It was April 2008, 2 months before graduation. I had no idea what I wanted to do. Then one night, my mom came into my bedroom and said "Arielle, you'd be a great kindergarten teacher." [Because I would babysit, and it was a wonderful experience for me.]
    I thought about it, and decided to major in Early Childhood Education. I absolutely love it. I'm still going to school for early childhood ed, and I am almost done! I start my student teaching next spring! ^_^

Back