• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I won't eat that!

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Mushrooms. The texture grosses me out.
    Hot dogs. Reminds me of a penis and tastes so gross.
    Avocado. Just no.
    Olives. They're gross.
    Beans. They're gross too.

LoudSilence

more like uncommon sense
    Years
    • US
    • Seen Aug 7, 2016
    PICKLES ARE THE BANE OF MY EXISTENCE

I swear I want to go back in time and end the person who ever came up with the idea of letting items sit in bacteria and vinegar and filth to ferment. Just the thought of that process makes me gag. It's such a shame because I actually love cucumbers, but their vile, diseased-looking, corrupted counterparts will have me fleeing a room when that cursed jar is opened and their putrid odour wafts out. How someone could think to actually transform an innocent, sweet vegetable into a rotting, wrinkled corpse betrays all forms of logic and compassion. What did the cucumber ever do to you, exactly?

By extension, anything else that undergoes this satanic ritual known as the "pickling process" is absolutely forbidden to exist in my immediate vicinity. If my future wife liked pickles I think that will probably be a deal-breaker, unless she were willing to forgo such revolting affinities for the sake of my love and sanity of mind.

TL;DR: no pickles ples

ples

plz

Years
    I won't go anywhere near eggs. When I was a kid, I was allergic to eggs, but I've since grown out of it. However, I can't stand the smell of cooking eggs and I refuse to eat them (probably because of my allergy when I was young).

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Two words:
    Hamburger Helper.
    Ugh.

no wai, my heart beats for hamburger helpaa<3

Seriously though, that stuff is pretty legit. Make one batch and you got leftovers for like a week (assuming you're eating it by yourself)/

Phantom1

[css-div="font-size: 12px; font-variant: small-cap
    Years
    Onions.

I cannot stand onions.

Though I do at times tolerate cooked onions, raw I will not touch with a ten foot pole.

I've always hated them. My parents really discovered this when I was little. One day when I was little I swore and my mom forced me to eat hot sauce only to discover I liked it. Next thing I know, my parents are making me eat raw onion as a punishment.

I hate onions.

I also dislike potatoe salad, literally makes me gag, fish, guac, squash, and saurkraut.

Poki

Banned
    Years
    THIS.

I won't eat that!

I HATE IT OMFG. Sometimes my grandparents put it in food and never tell me. ;-;

Frazzevous

Impulsive lil' kitty
    Years
    I generally dislike bitter food because they don't suit my sweet personality they, well, my taste buds despise 'em. Special mention: bitter melon. I can't. I just can't.

Oh, I also can't stand a lot of vegetables.

isthatyoudan

doesn't work well with others...
    Years
    Posted by Flushed
    no wai, my heart beats for hamburger helpaa<3
    I don't like hamburger helper because it made me sick one time. I have never wanted it since.
    By the way, I have recently discovered another food that I do not like:
    SPICY DIJON MUSTARD.

Years
    I don't like meat. I'm not a vegetarian or anything, it's just that I don't like the taste of it. I'll occasionally eat chicken, but not if I have anything else to eat. Hamburgers are out of the question for me. I'll eat anything else, but it's gotta be super sweet for me to actually like it.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
    Another egg hater here!

Well, it's not that I really dislike the flavor (as long as they're cooked!), it's just too many of them can really make me... hurl.

Also, I cannot eat pig. Bacon, ham, pork, sausages... I used to love ham and cheese croissants when I was a child, but now I can't take one bite out of it. Same goes to hot dogs.

But I am not a fussy eater, and will usually eat what I'm given. And I adore fruit! :D

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    All fruits except nuts. All vegetables except tubers. Since I will feel like vomiting if I try to eat such things, I think it may actually be some sort of non-allergic but none the less genetically-induced reaction.
    I don't want to dislike plants, so I would appreciate some insight on the matter, if anyone has heard of this.

Last edited:

Hercules

divine hero
    Years
    Oh God I hate vegetables. Any veggie is horrible for me. I also don't eat hamburgers but they're not as bad as vegetables.

Avishka

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I just hate cabbage, cauliflower and carrots.
    i just hate them...>< i just can't eat them.

Years
    Off the top of my head, stuff that I absolutely will not touch whatsoever? Mushrooms and olives. There's just no way. I've tried eating both before, and every time I try I end up wanting to either spit them out or I just choke them down. :(

I would add onions and peppers to that list as well, but those are foods I'm kind of weird with instead of outright hating: I just don't like (non-fried) onions by themselves because of their texture, and it's only green bell peppers I'll shun.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
    haha I was thinking pickles then saw the ten posts about pickles so maybe not XD

Sylphiel said:

Yep, I honestly don't know why or how people can eat olives. They're the worst tasting food, imo. I literally can't stand to even smell them, ugh.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    My friend offered me an olive the other day. It was probably one of the worst things I had ever tasted in my life. :(

Other than that, I'm not a big fan of mint. It's just eurgh. An accurate way to put it would probably be that it tastes exactly like toothpaste.

Years
    I love cabbage, cauliflower, carrots, mushrooms, onions, and olives.

Cheese. I just can't. The texture and taste make me gag whether it's cold blocky cheese or melty plastic cheese or cheese that looks like whipped cream. If something has even a hit of cheese in it I'll bite in and then freeze up as I have this tiny panic moment before I find somewhere I can spit it out.

Oh, I almost forgot to mention vinegar. While I don't like cheese, I can see why others do, but I seriously cannot see why anyone would willingly put vinegar on food.

Back