• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga idols! (idol general chat!)

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Hola, folks.
So, at Tokyo Game Show they announced School Idol Festival All Stars.

(I'll edit this later. I don't know how to copy paste links on a MacBook.)

Years
No delayed live viewings for me.. I'd like to have the chance to see an actual lives sometime. Maybe I'll take an extended vacation in Japan. All for LL's sake. <3

School Idol Festival All Stars

yaaa! While I was at work I noticed everyone was tweeting about this. Haven't seen the videos yet, but am going to crazily research over the weekend when I'm not 85% asleep.

Years
Anyone scout in the limited box yet in JPSIF? The UR rate is awful, so I'm not bothering this time.

I haven't.. there's no guaranteed SR+ in those and I'd rather not have regrets from inevitable R only scouts. Not sure who thought that was a good idea. =s

Years
Yup they have new skills yeah. There are still people pouring hundreds if not thousands into these but I'll pass haha. I don't want to spend $30 per scout and risk not even getting an SR. Really do want those limited first year URs though.....

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Just spent money on gems to go towards the first step in Rin's birthday box and got her initial UR, and Bouquet SSR (plus her tennis SR). 15 bucks well spent. T_T

Years
Just spent money on gems to go towards the first step in Rin's birthday box and got her initial UR, and Bouquet SSR (plus her tennis SR). 15 bucks well spent. T_T

Saw your tweet, real happy for you. Rin has the best initial UR ever. The quality is still so good.. and the bouquet SSR is also gorgeous. I had 45 gems on WW/EN + spent money on 86 more to get all three rounds of the step-up scout and didn't end up with much. A few new SRs + three initial SSRs when I already had that one idolized, but alas what did I expect when EN's increased chance Rin SSR was the initial one rather than JP's bouquet since that SSR hasn't come to the worldwide game version yet. cries

Last edited:

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
Years
  • Age 28
  • he/him
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 30, 2024
Five scouts, no best girl URs orz
I managed to get 2 copies of her initial SSR though. I also pulled Idol Costume, Cyber, 2 copies of Animal v.2, and Halloween Rin. A decent haul imo, kinda disappointed I didn't get anything for my Pure team because it's really weak atm.

Last edited:
Years
aww bummer!! Sorry about that. I did a 30 gem step up scout on JP an hour ago too since I saved enough and got one SR lol. =s Seems like almost everyone I've seen has gotten bad pulls for this birthday scout. Sometimes I forget how low the UR rates are on SIF.

Years
I've not done any SIF events recently at all, but I don't play it much period other than signing in for the bonus daily. I'm Rank 10 with stupid amounts of coin and I need to burn through duplicate members to clear up space to claim cards from a massive scouting spree I went on way back in June.

Spoiler:

Also, anyone see the giant Chika nesoberi that was announced last week? I'm seriously considering getting one, but it would be crazy expensive ($200 before shipping!) and I'd have to order it through a proxy seller.
Spoiler:

Years
Don you have a lot of gems saved! If you like Rin you can afford three of her 10+1 step-up birthday scouts, though they're gonna be removed soon. It's 30, 40, and then 50 gems respectively.. cheaper than the usual 50 gems for a 10+1, so if you want to blow 'em, you should! Or wait for other girls' birthdays that you like lol.

that Chika tho.. ;w; Way too expensive and I doubt I'll have room for her when I move into an inevitably tine apartment, but gah do want.

Last edited:

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
I've not done any SIF events recently at all, but I don't play it much period other than signing in for the bonus daily. I'm Rank 10 with stupid amounts of coin and I need to burn through duplicate members to clear up space to claim cards from a massive scouting spree I went on way back in June.

Spoiler:

Also, anyone see the giant Chika nesoberi that was announced last week? I'm seriously considering getting one, but it would be crazy expensive ($200 before shipping!) and I'd have to order it through a proxy seller.
Spoiler:

I've seen posters for this! Love Live is really popular at arcades in Kyoto, there are always figure prizes for the series in the crane machines and tons of posters everywhere. $200 though, wow!

I have the Love Live and Million Live mobile games downloaded on my computer so I just have to get them on my phone now. I'm sort of obsessed with Starlight Stage (already spent real money on it rip) so I'm not sure where this road is gonna take me haha.

Blew a bunch of gems on random pulls before Cinfest in Starlight Stage and only had enough for 1 10-pull and a bunch of random ones. Got 2 SSRs in one 10-pull (Yuzu and Koume) which was really exciting! But no Cinfest Uzuki, which means I'll have to start saving for her RIP. I think limited Mio and permanent Nanami SSRs are the only ones that would tempt me into spending until next Cinfest (I say this now...). I was just so blessed to get the limited Halloween Uzuki in the free gems I had saved up because there's no way I wouldn't have spent money getting her haha.

About anime: been watching the SideM series and I think it's pretty entertaining! The SEM episode today was entertaining, seeing former teachers dancing and singing in front of students would be funny in real life. Some of the "job change" is a bit.. odd and forced, and I realize that it's just because they wanted them all to fit a niche w/ no duplicates (aside from the younger ones)... but like.. doctors becoming idols is a bit of a stretch haha, especially at 26! This is a really American way of thinking but like.. with all the schooling and debt he must have only been a doctor for like a year before quitting and there's like, no way! Whatever, the songs are cool haha. Knowing a little about the series before seeing the anime made be all the more sad that only a handful of the characters are featured! I hope that they go the Cinderella Girls route and feature the others a bit more than a few one liners in later episodes! Though I suppose it'll be harder when it's easy to pin the Cinderella Girls idols as working at the same agency, and the ones here are at a new agency..

Years
Congrats Whitney! 2 SSRs in one pull is really awesome. What level are you now? =)

Speaking of the most recent cinfes in Starlight Stage, I did two solos on two different days during it and..

Spoiler:

Never had such luck. My current SSR list (gold borders are SRs):

Spoiler:

Wish I could get more cool SSRs though.. my only one is Yukimi, and she was from the choose-your-SSR paid promotion during their anniversary a few months back.

(I swearrrr I'll watch SideM soon.. .. ...)

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Five scouts, no best girl URs orz
I managed to get 2 copies of her initial SSR though. I also pulled Idol Costume, Cyber, 2 copies of Animal v.2, and Halloween Rin. A decent haul imo, kinda disappointed I didn't get anything for my Pure team because it's really weak atm.
Did 4 pulls, same.
Got about 10 SRs and 3SSRs. 170 wasted gems again...

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
Congrats Whitney! 2 SSRs in one pull is really awesome. What level are you now? =)

Speaking of the most recent cinfes in Starlight Stage, I did two solos on two different days during it and..

Spoiler:

Never had such luck. My current SSR list (gold borders are SRs):

Spoiler:

Wish I could get more cool SSRs though.. my only one is Yukimi, and she was from the choose-your-SSR paid promotion during their anniversary a few months back.

(I swearrrr I'll watch SideM soon.. .. ...)
Oooo congrats! So many SSRs I want.. Cinfest Uzuki... Sae... Yukimi... Mio... <33 I'm Producer level 74. I can FC up to level 26 songs, then it gets a bit iffy and weird, where I can FC some 27 but then fail when I try some 26s. Only 2 months ago when I first started end of August, I thought Pro was hard! Ooo how times change haha.

I feel you with the cool idols. Until last week I only had 1 cool SSR (Fumika's permanent) and 4 of the other kind. Now I have 5 passion, 3 cool, and 4 cute. So maybe next Cinfest I'll get lucky!

Years
You've got a good balance, I'm jealous! There are so many beautiful cards and awesome girls in this series, it's insane. And you having limited Halloween Uzuki.. trade you any of my cards for that one. ;w; lmfao jk i wish

You're already super high level! Do you participate in events too? The most recent Halloween event had such a cute SR Nana it killed me.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
You've got a good balance, I'm jealous! There are so many beautiful cards and awesome girls in this series, it's insane. And you having limited Halloween Uzuki.. trade you any of my cards for that one. ;w; lmfao jk i wish

You're already super high level! Do you participate in events too? The most recent Halloween event had such a cute SR Nana it killed me.

I try to! I have only gotten the 2nd ranked idol as a prize 3 times though. Other times I didn't score high enough with regular/pro to get them. :( Master is definitely working out a lot better! I like the current event song a lot, what about you? :)

Also sorry... lim Uzuki is my prized possesion <3

Last edited:
Years
Yas! That is an adorable song, though I always have a super hard time with live grooves since my attention span usually isn't attentive enough to get through four songs one after another, lol. Only have 5k event pts for this one so I don't think I'll be able to get an event card before it ends on 11/7. =(

And I am so demotivated to play Theater Days/Mirishita since I finally saved up 2,500 gems and got another bad roll with 3 SRs, all of which I already had. My luck in that game is atrocious.

Years
Don you have a lot of gems saved! If you like Rin you can afford three of her 10+1 step-up birthday scouts, though they're gonna be removed soon. It's 30, 40, and then 50 gems respectively.. cheaper than the usual 50 gems for a 10+1, so if you want to blow 'em, you should! Or wait for other girls' birthdays that you like lol.

Best girl birthdays both happen in July so my best course of action is to probably just keep stockpiling unless I see a UR that I absolutely *must* have.

that Chika tho.. ;w; Way too expensive and I doubt I'll have room for her when I move into an inevitably tine apartment, but gah do want.

I've seen posters for this! Love Live is really popular at arcades in Kyoto, there are always figure prizes for the series in the crane machines and tons of posters everywhere. $200 though, wow!

So I ended up making a probably ill-advised purchase and committed to buying it since I found somewhere that was selling it to the West.

Back