• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If you could delete any Pokemon from existence, What would it be?

Years
  • I cant stand the icecream line.
    Dont use the Magneton argument on me! I could scientifically explain how three magnets could gain a life and become a three-piece unit. But how could you explain to me how there could be three ICE CREAM - like creatures which then would evolve into a, nothing less than, an three-ice cream unit! but, even then...

But what I dislike more, is the Barbaracle. I love creepy Pokemon, like Duskull, Hypno, Steelix.
    but there is a difference between, creepy, and disturbing.
    Barbaracle is disturbing. Plus his design is full of illogic. Anyway, yeah, I'd remove him or at least alter his design.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Bouffalant, Audino, Alomomola - basically Audino and any of the Gen 5 Pokemon that were basically made to be evolutions for older Pokemon that aren't. Honestly I don't really think there are any others.

Lucky#13

Lucky Member
    Years
  • I can't really say that there are many that I haven't eventually come to love. There are however, a few that don't really make sense or shouldn't exist. Unknown specifically is just awful. Weak, vulnerable typing, and can only learn 1 attack. Just...why?

Years
  • Magikarp

I mean what is the point of it? I mean Splash, Tackle, Flail??? And do you know what level you learn Flail at? Level 30. Ten levels after it evolves. The only reason anybody even bothers to get it is for Gyarados, so what's the point of inventing a Pokemon that's just gonna be holding an Exp. Share until it evolves?

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • Audino. Pretty much a useless Chansey expy. In fact, can we get rid of most of the Gen 5 Pokémon? Most of them were poorly designed, were lame versions of better Pokémon, underpowered, or any of the 3 previously mentioned.

Interesting... I like a lot of 5th gen Pokémon and think what you said applies to 3rd gen instead.

captainfez3

Old School Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2019
    A lot of Gen V Pokemon lemme tell ya.

Pawniard/Bisharp would be first pick, but truthfully:

The Hydreigon line, the Garabador line, the Chanedulure line, the KlinkKlang line, the Pan-sage,sear, and pour line, Stunfisk, the Thunderous, Landorus, etc. trio.

Truly, in Generation V the Pokemon was either really amazing or absolute crap. Gen VI did a much better job imo of striking a perfect balance. I can't really think of any Pokemon (outside of the painfully obvious possessed sword one) that felt out of place.

Combee and Vespiquen. The latter is designed ugly, and why did they make a Pokémon with utter crap stats with a far lower male chance than female and only allow evolution if it's female? I mean, why wouldn't they just make them all female, goodness.

NOOOOOOO! I had to reply, because my father is actually a bee keeper and that's the way bees operate in real life. Males exist for the sole purpose of mating with the queen, who is exclusively female. There is one queen per thousands of bees in a hive, but it is true that females predominate in bee hives, since they are the ones that do all the work.

Interestingly, only the female bees actually have stingers. Male bees are distinguishable from the female bees by their larger eyes and fatter bodies. Fun fact: if the bees reach a point where they are starving, they will crowd the male bees, known as drones, out of the hive, effectively allowing them to freeze or starve to death. So to all the guys out there, be glad you aren't a bee. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

jacktheking

Hatched Egg
    Years
  • Pikachu. ← nah.. just kidding. What would I be deleting the Pokemon mascot, Pikachu?

Hmm.. I might be deleting those new generation Pokemon.. Not sure why.. but.. LoL!

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years
  • Exeggutor... It's unsettling.

Really? :( I liked Exeggutor in my first FireRed playthrough. I like that type combo ^_^

Trapinch, Vibrava, and Flygon.

These Pokemon get my vote for the ugliest Pokemon in existence. Also, they are outclassed by just about every other Dragon type, as even in Gen III you had Dragonite, Kingdra, Salamence, and Rayquaza that were better than it. And now, the only Dragon types that I would even consider to be worse than Flygon would be Druddigon and Noivern, as most Dragon types are legendary, pseudo-legendary, or are capable of mega evolution. Therefore there is really no point for having the Flygon line.

This one really makes me sad. Flygon looks amazingly cool imo (mind you, I like bug type things in game) and is my favourite dragon type pokemon.

For me, I'd have to agree with the others who say Garbodor. Seriously? Why a garbage pokemon...

Warspirit

be nice to nice ❤️
    Years
  • Really? :( I liked Exeggutor in my first FireRed playthrough. I like that type combo ^_^

It's just the looks. I mean just eh
    Spr_1b_103.png

Years
  • Tangrowth is possibly the only Pokemon to seriously creep me out but there are numerous Pokemon I don't like. Wtf was the reason for Tangrowth anyway, apart from a Tangela evolution?

Years
    • she/her
    • home
    • Seen Aug 16, 2023
    some of these suggestions kinda hurt my feelings ( ´ ▽ ` )ゞ

as for me, i'd get rid of the Woobat-line.. seriously, they're just terrible. who came up with THAT design...

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I believe fans would be kind of disliking it if any dragon-type evolutionary line were to be removed, such as Flygon. Flygon family doesn't look very pretty, but when it comes to competitive battling and whatnot, it could be quite viable; it's got high Speed and Attack, which allows it to take down a decent amount of opposing Pokémon without much trouble at all. I've used it before, and it definitely is great.

In a way, I could get behind Vanillite line being removed. It looks sort of scary, in a way, considering that it's based off an inanimate object and whatnot. If it were partially ghost, perhaps then it would have made sense, since ghosts tend to possess things all the time--it's nothing new.

As for Combee and Vespiquen, I'm unsure if much of us would notice if they were gone, since they're not as popular among fans as other bug-types.

Abby

#freecoffee
    Years
  • i could delete all the gen.v,ix.Why?They are all remakes and stupid!

Why? Tell me what malamar was a remake of. Whimsicott, haxorus. Even stuff like mincinno had quirks that set them apart.

Just quilfish though. I can't stand it.

Years
  • I don't know... but Shedinja I guess? It doesn't serve any real purpose other than having immunity to all non-super effective hits plus 1 HP always makes it die quickly anyway. Its design is also very unimpressive.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Not all generation five Pokémon are remakes, per se. I could imagine Garbodor line to be based off Muk and whatnot, due to its trash and waste theme as well as its typing, stats, moves, and so forth. Same could apply to Swords of Justice, as some of us tend to compare them to Legendary Beasts (mostly due to their body structure). Aside from them, I can't precisely say if there are any other remade (not exactly remade, but you know) Pokémon out there.

KostK2Boss

Europe Confirmed!!!
    Years
  • Lucario. The thing represents the worst aspect of Pokemon, he's fanservice incarnate. It learns a gazillion moves, even though it's not a legendary (actually no, even most legendaries don't have such a crazy movepool), its Mega was banned in Smogon for being WAY too good and it keeps popping up in spinoff games and we are supposed to believe that he's some kind of bad*ss. Even Charizard doesn't get this amount special treatment.

Years
  • Scraggy/Scrafty

Worlds can not describe how I hate this Pokemon.

Its ugly , Useless, boring and its trousers just keep falling down.

Its a Spam Pokemon with an annoying typing every Plasma Grunt seemed to have one of these pests and Physic was useless against them.

In fact They are one of reasons I love Fairy type so much they are double super effective against these pointless morons!!!

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • I wonder how 5th gen Pokémon are "remakes" of anything.

I mean, it's the region with the most unique bugs, for example. The early bugs are Venipede and Sewaddle, which are very unique compared to what was in Hoenn for example, where Wurmple was basically a clone of Weedle and its gimmick was being able to evolve into two different Pokémon, one of which was a butterfly, which we already had. Beautifly is a better design than Butterfree, but it was really unnecessary. Well, after first offense, came Kalos with Scatterbug/Spewpa/Vivillon, which is yet another butterfly, but Vivillon has its own gimmick and is kinda useful in battle.

Unova introduced a lot of unique type combos, and even the Pokémon which are Unovian versions of something that already existed, like Jellicent (which is another jellyfish compared to Tentacruel), are unique in their own way.

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2015
    Audino. Pretty much a useless Chansey expy. In fact, can we get rid of most of the Gen 5 Pokémon? Most of them were poorly designed, were lame versions of better Pokémon, underpowered, or any of the 3 previously mentioned.

I thought that aswell but then i realised when you look at all the pokemon from their regions, they all have a pattern

Arceus - Pathetic excuse for a god.

Trubbish line - A bunch of garbage bags? Really? I'm not saying that Game Freak has run out of ideas, but garbage was not a good idea for Pokemon. That, and Garbodor is annoying.

If you got rid of Arceus, you will then be getting rid of all pokemon, but I agree Trubbish is a rubbish pokemon(if you mind the pun) but it's the same for Foongus, A Mushroom, aren't they similar to these pokemon

Spoiler:

Back