• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl] If you could take one thing from the original DP game and put it into BDSP what would it be?

Cameron1407

Cammy477
Years
  • Personally, I'd say the music, I love BDSP's remixed tunes but something about the original songs just makes me enjoy them a lot more, what would you guys pick?

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • Personally, I'd say the music, I love BDSP's remixed tunes but something about the original songs just makes me enjoy them a lot more, what would you guys pick?
    There is actually a Key Item you can find after beating the Elite 4 to toggle between the original music and new music. It's given by the Sound Director / guitarist looking character in the top left house at Hotel Grand Lake. https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/DS_Sounds

If it was possible, I'd bring back voice chatting from Diamond/Pearl, but there isn't really any support for voice chatting on the Switch.

Another wish would be the Battle Frontier from Platinum.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I just realised today that we don't have the Journal from DPPt. I quite liked it for when I put the game down for a while, seeing what I had been doing.

Years
    • Seen today
    Assuming this meant to include platinum. I just wanted wild route variety.

Years
  • Is it weird to say the nonexistence of friendship battle mechanics? I don't want my Pokémon to keep avoiding death or shaking off status effects because they love me. I mean, I love them too, but it was already so easy to get through it. :s

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I just realised today that we don't have the Journal from DPPt. I quite liked it for when I put the game down for a while, seeing what I had been doing.
    This for sure. It was such a sweet thing. (DP)P really did so many things right.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Assuming Platinum changes count, I want the expanded Pokédex, it's the sole thing keeping me from playing BDSP.

Setsuna

♡ Setsuna Scarlet Storm!!
    Years
  • The music probably would've been my answer too if not for the DS Sounds.

Either the fact that the original DP was completely grid-based (how there wasn't really free movement) since the maps didn't feel like they were redesigned to account for that movement and it was so easy to get caught on corners constantly, or the fact the Poketch was on the bottom screen and not only easy to access and glance at, but it felt more immersive to have it as a separate screen you'd look down at, just like actually looking at a watch on your wrist. Having a dedicated button for it, zooming it in, and then using the control stick to navigate it was probably the best they could do, but I'd never call it comfortable, it felt like a big downgrade.

Back