• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I'm leaving PC forever

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Been there, done that. It actually felt really good! Lasted a little over a year though and then I came back from the dead all like...

Spoiler:

In all honestly, when I finally do leave this place for good I'll have nothing but good memories to reflect back on. It's a place where I've connected with a lot of people, some of which became really great friends. It's also where I saw myself grow from the naive teenager I once was to the adult I am currently. Maybe ten years after I've left, I'll come back and see if this place is still standing. I hope to see none of you still here, but rather a whole new generation of members.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    When the times comes and I do end up vanishing without a trace I'll most likely remember the challenge threads if anything, gave me something new to do on my Pokémon runs other than the standard Nuzlocke everyone knows oh so well.

Years
    I'll definitely remember PC. It's the forum I visit most and have been a member longest. I've had a lot of great times here and have met great people and made great friends. The other forums I am a part of don't really have the same influence. The friends I made there aren't as close to me as the ones I made here :3

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2015
    PC is the only thing that kept me sane in secondary school.
    I'm never leaving.

Never ever never ever ever never! :P

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    PC will forever and always be close to my heart. When I was younger, and far far less social then I am now, I always turned to PC to pass time, make friends, and just have fun in general. I fully believe that PC is part of the reason I am who I am today, and I'm not gonna be callous enough to just leave without a trace. Will I one day announce my resignation and walk into the beautiful sunset? Perhaps, and although I secretly wish that it'll never happen, reality says that one day PC will be a burden to fit into life. If that somehow isn't the case, and I do manage to find time on PC and live my real life to it's fullest, well then, hallelujah. But that's a worry for the future.

If I ever so leave, I want to make sure two things have come to pass before I do. One would be to help PC become a better place. By that, I mean I'd like to assist and give back to the place that helped me out when I was younger. I guess you can say that being a moderator helps me achieve that, which is why I'm secretly ever so pleased I got promoted. The other thing, and this is my ego simply, but I'd like to be remembered. If I leave, I'd like to be recalled and missed. Is that narcissistic of me? Definitely, but that's my goal for you. Give back and be remembered. Cheers to PC!

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I'd remember all the memories I've had here, and all the people I got to know along the way. To be honest though, I may not ever leave this place. My activity might drop in a few years time, but I would still log back in every now and then to respond to VMs and PMs and such. :b

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    I'll remember the good times, and all of the friends I've made. I don't think I'll ever leave here for good. I'll always enjoy videogames and Pokemon.

New Eden

Ascension to heaven
    Years
    I often totally forget about every forum I frequented in the past, but PC will probably lay somewhere close to me, as I got into a relationship all because of it.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    It's hard to leave, really. I tried leaving a few times but I find myself coming back. Last year I tried that, and I felt it was the right thing to do because of life, but if I do leave I won't be able to have as much fun on the internet as I always did. It was hard to clear everything, so I backed out. I always look forward to visiting the forums, see what's new in discussions, and even checking up on your friends to see how they're doing. For the three years I've been here, I've made soo many friends, in which a few they've came and left and was never seen again.

It's not the same when you begin to frequent a different forum, whether Pokemon or not. I visit a MLP forum and I don't feel the same spark as PC has, so I always end up staying here. Everyday you will meet new people. Everyday you will meet new friends. Everyday you'll always find something new to discuss with your fellow members. Those are the reasons why I remain here.

If I do ever leave for real, I'll never ever ever forget everything. The time I was a mod, all the wonderful friends I've made in the past and present, all the events and things I participated/hosted, all the funny convos I had on the server and on skype, and so much more. It's worthy to have everything in its own album. Even though I cry at my post count because I realize all the free, usable time I had was spent here in this very forum, I crack a smile because I don't regret it one bit.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
    I've left plenty of times, thought it's always fun to come back and visit every so often :3

Even though the only people who remember me are members of staff that have been around for a while. It's still nice to see someone remembers who I am and how much time I spent being a try hard ;3;

I'm just now realizing I'm on my 10th year of membership here /quiet sobbing.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 14, 2021
    I would if all my friends are gone and I can't seem to get any new friends. Other than that, I don't see me leaving PC anytime soon.

Phantom1

[css-div="font-size: 12px; font-variant: small-cap
    Years
    I hope to be here for a while. I know I'm not super active, but I've been here a few years and I hope to stick around, and lurk in the shadows and stuff like a pro.

I mean, I've donated money to the place, I'm probably gonna be around a while then, ya think?

I've been watching as a forum I've been on for about ten years is slowly dying. It used to be really active, but now it's barely getting one or two new freaking posts a day. It's saddening. I mean, I've been a member there since I was like 13, to see it dying is like the end of an era or something.

(RIP TCoD)

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
    It's going to be a long time before I leave PC, that's for sure.

I'll always remember this being the place the helped me realize that it's possible to have great friendships over the internet. Not to mention this was the place that I discovered my love of writing in the first place. If it wasn't for this forum I probably would still be wondering what to do with my life. It's a little embarrassing admitting that a pokemon forum made a huge difference in me, but it's true and I wouldn't take it back.

Back