• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Imagining people as their avatars

Hazuki

delenda est.
Years
  • Seen Apr 20, 2011
I actaully do the same thing. Right know, Hazuki is a plant to me xD

Huh? What? What does that mean???? o.O;;;

I used to do that when I was no0b at Serebii but then people kept on changing so it confused me even more. I never bothered to read their user names. xD;;

But! I would feel a little offened if someone imagined me as a guy -pokes at Suzaku avvi- ._.

Twinx

s o m e t h i n g M O R E
Years
When I was a noob, I did associate people with their themes. And yet it was confusing when they changed themes.

I don't do that anymore.
But, I never forget the first theme I saw someone in. It's like a first impression, never goes away..

Gunn

horror resident
Years
I don't normally notice upon one's avatar, unless its something catchy, like its moving or whatever. Sometimes I can when I am engaged into a conversation with them.

I just recently changed mine because it just immediately resulted in dissatisfaction. Interesting topic though. I wonder if people think of me as Wentworth Miller. <3

Dawg 2005

The original Dawg 2005
Years
Well, don't imagine me as my avatar. Unless you're into the whole transexual thing...

I don't imagine people AS their avatars, but I associate them with the person.

Man of Faith

My, my, Doctor Saunders.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 26, 2022
What?! Their's actually a topic for this. I do... Even if I've seen their pictures... D:

Tater Tot

I used to be popular here~
Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017
Well, I think some people try to make their Avy look alot like them. I don't, I think Avy's should say people's personalities. That's my opinion.

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
Years
Well, my themes moreso match my attitude at the moment.
So it changes a lot XD
I've never gotten an avatar because I thought it physically looked like me. That's not fun at all! Reflecting personality is also how I think it should be.

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
I always used to do that when I was young, but I hardly ever do it anymore.

But if you imagine me to be a Houndoom, be free XD

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Oh darnit.... I was just about to make a theme featuring someone of the other gender... ^^

Oni, I totally see you as a cheetah with an eye-thingy and that hat. When you first changed to that avatar, I immediately thought "that's him, that's his real him". Not kidding! So, I guess you got me where you wanted ^^

Unlike just everybody before me, I don't tend to associate people with their themes. Well, perhaps with people I don't really know, and people with really n00bish usernames and so on. But people I see regularly, I actually do look on their usernames. For example, i don't imagine DC as his current theme.... heh. So I instead get really really confused when people change their names drastically.

I did however imagine Beachy as Roxas for a while^^ (don't tell him I said that)

Myself, I'm probably one of those who change themes at least once a week. But I hope I've got a username unique enough for people to recognize me anyway ^^*

Years
That would be awesome if people thought of me as Gimmy. :D

I SHOULD GET A VIRAL AVATAR. :x

But yeah, I don't really picture people as their avatars, but get a general idea of what they like from their avatars, and just remember the avatar they had with their username.

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 18, 2015
I do picture some people as there avatars sometimes.. depending how long they use it and if it 'matches' their gender.

Hope no one pictures me as mine… seeing as I can't really what a person would think of me @.@

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
Years
Sometimes I do associate people with their avatars, but it depends.

It's not like, that's what I think they look like, it's more on their personality.

Say if someone had a really pretty avatar, I would think of their personality as being serene and they're a nice person.

Or if someone had a funny avatar, therefore they would have a funny type of personality.

Last edited:

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
In my sense, I can see the personality of a member through their avatar and banner(sometimes)...
But my guesses ain't perfect all the time. xD

So I don't imagine people's physical appearance through their avatar. Rather, I can sense their personalities (if I don't know them yet.) :P

Suki

I'm gonna make it.
Years
  • Seen Oct 16, 2019
Well I do associate people with their avatars and sometimes I may have thought this.

But I don't really do it.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
I don't imagine people as their avatars. I don't think anyone would imagine me as Luffy. XD

Years
Eh, on the forum I frequent (PFU if you must know - hi Jaxxie!) most avatars are Pokemon-based, and as such it's quite hard to imagine them as that. I either form my own mental image of them, associate them with what's in the picture thread or, as is the case with Jax, have an image burned into my retinas. DX

I'm not a Staraptor, and I'm not an emo. Your assumptions upon my avatar are epic fail.

Scales

Man of Infinite Jest
Years
I definately perceive people like their avatars. What I normally due in my non-roleplay posts is imagine whatever is in the avatar saying it. (Say if it was bugs Bunny. Then I would imagine Bugs Bunny saying it and respond with in a witty way.)

Galbinus

Speeds.
Years
  • Seen May 4, 2008
Sure, I associate people with their avatars (but not necessarily actually remember them AS their avatars.) Most of the time, however, I remember people by their signatures since I think that's where the majority of people invest their efforts into personalizing and/or making. (:

Back