• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Improvements you would like to see from X&Y?

Jimmyray

Bish Bash Bosh
Years
  • A lot of people have been saying what they want in comparison to what was in the original RSE, but what about improvements that can be made from X and Y?

Mine are generally quite minor, but this is what I would like to see:

• A few different arenas for Wi-Fi battling as opposed to that horrible default one in XY
    • Flying & Surfing sprites/animations of all capable Pokemon, even tiny Pokemon like Squirtle could be done
    • More customization for Wi-Fi battle rules, & ability to battle from boxes when challenged
    • Difficulty mode besides Exp. Share
    • Multiple save files (long shot I know)

That's all I can think of for now. What do you think?

Last edited:

DarkPoke001

Newfound Love For Togekiss
    Years
  • Not having to use skates to use Circled Pad (looks like we HAVE got this now though ^_^)

Much Bigger Post-Game

more Pokémon available

more legendary Pokémon (i think we have this too ^_^)

Increased Difficutly

Trainer rematches

Safari Zone (perhaps with increased shiny rates)

oh and i'll be hoping they keep some minor elements like Chain Fishing and stuff

Years
  • *Clothes for every Season(Spring, Summer, winter and Auutum)
    *Motorbike instand for bicycle
    *new items
    *new Key items
    *new characther

That was all I could think about, for now

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • A lot of the problems I had with XY are already going to be fixed just by the new games not being XY, for example, one of my biggest problems was the linearity and story of XY, which is automatically fixed since ORAS is a game I love. I would love hard difficulty levels, and I know you could change XY by not using EXP shares but I really did use the old EXP share for training weaker Pokemon and it didn't make the game any easier, so I would prefer a game setting.

Years
  • A lot of people have been saying what they want in comparison to what was in the original RSE, but what about improvements that can be made from X and Y?

Mine are generally quite minor, but this is what I would like to see:

• A few different arenas for Wi-Fi battling as opposed to that horrible default one in XY
    • Flying & Surfing sprites/animations of all capable Pokemon, even tiny Pokemon like Squirtle could be done

That's all I can think of for now. What do you think?

I agree with this. I would love to see these changes.

Migit78

Pokemon Master
    Years
  • Difficulty setting would be nice, but I don't see it as a necessity
    Love the idea for sprites for all HM/In-game abilities, never enjoyed them not changing between Pokemon
    I know a bunch of people disliked it, so maybe if it became an optional feature? Having Pokemon follow you like in HG/SS (i really liked that)
    umm.. sure theres more but thats all I can think of right now

Years
  • I'd like to be able to skip the Mega Evolution animation (if you've seen it once you've seen it all, it just gets a bit dull after the 100th mega evo).

The one feature I've been hoping for since I first saw the ability "Fly" in Pokémon Yellow is implemented in ORAS. I was so disappointed that when you used Fly you couldn't actually fly but rather teleport. Now we can Soar :D

The improvement from X/Y that I'm hoping for is that the champion and key characters (such as Maxie and Archie) would use full EV/IV trained Pokémon (I mean, they're boss characters, right? They should be powerful)

I'm hoping the Battle Frontier would be as great as it was in the originals.

I hope Pokémon Amie would be expanded a little more - not so much in the minigames but more like Nintendogs where you can throw frisbees at your dog and so on. Some more actual interaction with your Pokémon.

I don't think there's much to improve from X/Y, the games were really good and I had a lot of fun playing them.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Mainly more to do post-game. I'm pretty sure Elite Four rematches are back so that's something, but to be able to visit the Battle Frontier would just be that little more awesome. I know we get the soaring feature which allows us to visit the areas to capture the legendaries, but some sort of post-game storyline would be nice. (:

Years
  • This is want I like to have
    • More post game
    • Increased difficulty
    • More trainer customisation
    • Stronger Elite Four (rematch)
    • A stronger rival with post game rematches. (Brendan/May stop battling after Lilycove)

Years
  • This is want I like to have
    • More post game
    • Increased difficulty
    • More trainer customisation
    • Stronger Elite Four (rematch)
    • A stronger rival with post game rematches. (Brendan/May stop battling after Lilycove)

Hate to burst your bubble, but it was already confirmed there will be no trainer customization in this game.

As for improvements I want to see:

1. Expanded postgame content
    2. Have a lot of later-gen Pokemon catchable in the postgame
    3. More challenging trainers, but not too challenging
    4. Easier ways of money grinding

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • * Increased difficulty - I want a challenge (for the umpteenth time)
    * Diversity of available Pokemon
    * No chain fishing method
    * Shinies to be harder to catch (pre-XY)
    * A **** TON OF POST GAME CONTENT

Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2018
    Things I'd like to see (most are probably repeats):
    - More Post-Game (I loved what they did with the Looker in XY, and I want some more post-game quests like that, with as much emotion as well)
    - Maybe not have very many Pokemon from other regions catchable until post-game (For the nostalgic effect of completing the game with Hoenn Pokemon only)
    - Add something to Contests to make them bigger (I LOVED contests back in RSE, and I think it'd be cool if it was bigger than it was.)
    - More character development throughout the games (I know there are people that like to get through the game as fast as they can for competitive purposes, but honestly I'd like some more game out of it rather than competition. I want to be able to relate to the characters more and like them better)
    - Difficulties (Hoenn in my opinion has always been the hardest region, and I think they should make a little easier for newbies, but also have the ability to make it harder for those who like to challenge themselves.)
    - Mega Flygon (Just because it's the one thing I want the most xD)
    - Tougher post game rematches (I want some fun post game challenges.)
    - Battle Frontier (One of my favorite aspects of RSE, I need this to come back)
    - Mirage Island (No clue if this is coming back, but I always thought it was cool)
    - Some sort of customizable feature (I know there is no character customization, but I think it'd be cool if there was atleast one aspect of your character that you could customize, whether it be your contest outfit or a certain accessory, etc.)

My last one is a huge stretch and I saw it mentioned earlier. The possibility of a second game file on a cartridge. Not everybody is going to be able to buy multiple games, and it's nice to have a second file that you could reset often to enjoy the game over and over (aren't games about having fun? That should be able to be re-lived with out deleting your main file).

So yeah, just a few things I'd like to see in ORAS. I'm not picky though, I'll be getting the games anyway.

SkyRyder

'That Guy'
    Years
  • Pretty much the only improvements I deem to be important to me:

- More post-game content/possibly a post-game storyline. X/Y was underwhelming with this compared to past games. I'm hoping for Elite Four rematches, the Battle Frontier, and maybe some other content involving the mechanics, gameplay, and Pokemon introduced in the later games.
    - Optional difficulty options. By default, players starting the game will be playing the game on a normal setting. But for those, mainly talking about the veteran players who have played the original Ruby/Sapphire games in the past who want more of a challenge (considering the new mechanics since then), having some challenge mode option where the AI settings are increased, and bosses are given an extra Pokemon equipped with held items would be nice.
    - I know this isn't an "improvement" from X/Y considering it had a fair amount of Rival battles, but this is an improvement from the original R/S games: More rival battles, preferably late-game and post-game matches.
    - More daily/weekly events to have players wanting to come back.
    - Less/No annoying popups from the PSS screen.

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
  • In addition to the obvious ones (more post game etc.), one thing I hope ORAS improves over XY is with the framerate.

Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be the case if the demo is representative of the final release + trailer (look at the horde battle scene).

Years
  • In addition to the obvious ones (more post game etc.), one thing I hope ORAS improves over XY is with the framerate.

Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be the case if the demo is representative of the final release + trailer (look at the horde battle scene).

Yeah I apparently noticed the horde battle shown in one of the trailers was lagging, which I'm worried they haven't learned a lesson there. I recall playing X/Y and those hordes with Trevenant in them where just a huge lagfest.

Years
  • They could give us a little bit more of a challenge when it comes to NPC trainers. More post-game stuff would be nice to see too. Knowing that Emerald had lot of things to do post-game I'm sure that remakes won't disappoint with that too. They should improve Poke-amie too.

Death

The Pale Horseman
    Years
  • Mine just seems really minor and not worth a mention, but I'd really like to see the time displayed on the bottom screen and possibly the battery charge level.

Also, I saw the trainer mugshots for ORAS and I was really hoping they didn't recycle some of them. I would love to have seen the hex maniac with her weird cape and witch hat.

Then there's also the in-battle UI. I'd have loved to be able to customize the theme of the buttons to make the GUI more... monochromatic/simple.

Years
  • Mine just seems really minor and not worth a mention, but I'd really like to see the time displayed on the bottom screen and possibly the battery charge level.

Also, I saw the trainer mugshots for ORAS and I was really hoping they didn't recycle some of them. I would love to have seen the hex maniac with her weird cape and witch hat.

Ah I remember when I was playing X/Y and it was so hard to tell the time because there was like nowhere to display a clock unlike 4th and 5th Gen.

As for trainer mugshots, I know the Hiker, Black Belt and Hex Maniac got recycled from X/Y but at least for the others they kept to their original R/S/E designs.

RivalGator

I hate them all.
    Years
  • I dislike the habit they are in of only certain Pokemon being able to do certain things. I want to see my whole team do more than what their sprites allow them to.

Shiro

Dad! Or should I say... Big cheese of Hoshido?
    Years
  • Ideally I'd like it to be a little bit more difficult than X and Y were, but I'm not really expecting that to be the case so!

Something I do see possibly happening that I want to happen is more post game content. X and Y were kind of lacking in that area but RSE had the Battle Frontier so I expect something similar to be in the remakes.

Back