• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen In-Game Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Where can you get a Leaf Stone in the game?

If you have a fully EV trained Pokémon you can get one by Super Training one of the advanced regimen, otherwise you can turn in Green Shards at the house on the sea just East of Lilycove.
    If one of your Secret Pals can clean up your base, they'll occasionally find stones. Among others, it includes Leaf Stones.

Years
    Where can you get a Leaf Stone in the game?

If you have a fully EV trained Pokémon you can get one by Super Training one of the advanced regimen, otherwise you can turn in Green Shards at the house on the sea just East of Lilycove.
    If one of your Secret Pals can clean up your base, they'll occasionally find stones. Among others, it includes Leaf Stones.

From what I've read, there's also one lying around on Route 119. You do need to use Surf to get to it.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2018
    Required system update?

Does ORAS require a 3DS system update in order to play the game? I'm not talking about a patch for the game, but an actual 3DS system update. I apologize if this is not the correct forum to ask this kind of question.

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2014
    Does Homepass Still Work For Getting Eon Ticket

Hi like the title says, i was wondering if the homepass method still works for getting the eon ticket. I've checked around and cant find if it's still working or if i'm doing something wrong

if anyone has any info on this subject plz let me know

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    How do you start the Regi Trio quest? I'm seriously flipping my nut trying to figure it out! No, I DO NOT WANT a step by step guide on how to do it, I DO NOT WANT links to youtube videos where the idiot commentator blathers one for 57 minutes because he thinks he's just oh so entertaining, I just want to know what character to talk to to set things in motion. Surely there's SOMEONE SOMEWHERE in the the game that mentions anything about this side quest, right? Even just a location that shows how to decode the braille or SOMETHING. I genuinely cannot believe that 10 years ago all these gaming sites had full maps of every location and where every item is, (seriously, you can still find every square inch of the Gameboy Advance games mapped out) but now gamings sites just take the lazy way out and link to someone else's video that, might I add, take 20 times longer to watch than simply visually scanning a map! Anyway, rant aside, what's the first step in the Regi Trio side quest? I really want to figure it all out in game myself, so once again I DO NOT WANT a step by step guide, just the location of a character I need to talk to to set things in motion. Even just a city name would be perfectly fine! Thank you!

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    How do you start the Regi Trio quest? I'm seriously flipping my nut trying to figure it out! No, I DO NOT WANT a step by step guide on how to do it, I DO NOT WANT links to youtube videos where the idiot commentator blathers one for 57 minutes because he thinks he's just oh so entertaining, I just want to know what character to talk to to set things in motion. Surely there's SOMEONE SOMEWHERE in the the game that mentions anything about this side quest, right? Even just a location that shows how to decode the braille or SOMETHING. I genuinely cannot believe that 10 years ago all these gaming sites had full maps of every location and where every item is, (seriously, you can still find every square inch of the Gameboy Advance games mapped out) but now gamings sites just take the lazy way out and link to someone else's video that, might I add, take 20 times longer to watch than simply visually scanning a map! Anyway, rant aside, what's the first step in the Regi Trio side quest? I really want to figure it all out in game myself, so once again I DO NOT WANT a step by step guide, just the location of a character I need to talk to to set things in motion. Even just a city name would be perfectly fine! Thank you!

Unfortunately, it's a bit more complicated than just talking to a specific character. If you want me to be as vague as possible, try checking Route 134. The rest is here, it doesn't spoil anything about the locations of the Regis or anything:
    Spoiler:
    Hope this helps :)

Years
    How do you start the Regi Trio quest? <snip>

Bring a Relicanth in party slot 1 and a Wailord in party slot 6
    You surf West of Pacifidlog until you find a spot where you can dive - you'll need a very specific route for this though. Keep trying until you get it.
    Dive, enter the cave and talk to the Braille wall - use Dig. The Regi Trio side quest has started.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Unfortunately, it's a bit more complicated than just talking to a specific character. If you want me to be as vague as possible, try checking Route 134. The rest is here, it doesn't spoil anything about the locations of the Regis or anything:
    Spoiler:
    Hope this helps :)

Bring a Relicanth in party slot 1 and a Wailord in party slot 6
    You surf West of Pacifidlog until you find a spot where you can dive - you'll need a very specific route for this though. Keep trying until you get it.
    Dive, enter the cave and talk to the Braille wall - use Dig. The Regi Trio side quest has started.

No, I found that cave, and the braille chamber, as well as the other (currently) sealed chambers throughout Hoenn, the problem is is WHERE in the game does it tell me what that braille means? I understand that you have to do something somewhere with something, but just staring at the dots doesn't actually instinctively tell me to do anything, where do I find the information about what the dots mean? I mean, the requirements are so specific isn't that like showing you a picture of Alpha Sapphire and then expecting you to instinctively know that Zekrom only appears if you have a level 100 pokemon in your party with NO OTHER information provided to you beyond the picture of the game case?

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    No, I found that cave, and the braille chamber, as well as the other (currently) sealed chambers throughout Hoenn, the problem is is WHERE in the game does it tell me what that braille means? I understand that you have to do something somewhere with something, but just staring at the dots doesn't actually instinctively tell me to do anything, where do I find the information about what the dots mean? I mean, the requirements are so specific isn't that like showing you a picture of Alpha Sapphire and then expecting you to instinctively know that Zekrom only appears if you have a level 100 pokemon in your party with NO OTHER information provided to you beyond the picture of the game case?

I don't believe that there is anyone that will tell you what the braille means, and I think that may be the point; it's supposed to make it feel more ancient instead of guide you to the Regis. You also aren't supposed to instinctively know - you're supposed to search every nook and cranny to find the caves where the Regis are located and how to unlock Zekrom. Because there aren't likely "Ice and Steel areas" in Hoenn you kind of have to look around to find out where Regice and Registeel are; I think Regirock is located in a reasonable and expected place, however.

But yeah, once you're inside the caves there's nobody ingame that'll tell you how to solve the puzzle, you just have to read about it online.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I don't believe that there is anyone that will tell you what the braille means, and I think that may be the point; it's supposed to make it feel more ancient instead of guide you to the Regis. You also aren't supposed to instinctively know - you're supposed to search every nook and cranny to find the caves where the Regis are located and how to unlock Zekrom. Because there aren't likely "Ice and Steel areas" in Hoenn you kind of have to look around to find out where Regice and Registeel are; I think Regirock is located in a reasonable and expected place, however.

But yeah, once you're inside the caves there's nobody ingame that'll tell you how to solve the puzzle, you just have to read about it online.

There is no in-game location where the Braille is translated. However, you can quickly google "Braille alphabet" and there's your Braille chart.

Well that's stupid! So they just put in a puzzle that you have no way of knowing how to solve it unless you know how to solve it? (The only reason I know it's braille is because I had the original games, in which the manual included a Braille guide) That's pretty crappy game design when they don't provide you with the tools to solve puzzle on your own within the game. The originals got a pass because, as I said, they did in fact give you a braille chart in the manual even if not in the game so you could still solve it on your own. Yes, I will look up a braille chart online, but I shouldn't have to, if there's something in game you should be able to solve it with the tools provided in game.

and the thing with Zekrom and the others is they all can be figured out by chance (the first time I soared I just happened to have pokemon that fit the criteria to unlock Uxie, Zekrom and one of the Musketter trio all at once) but wandering around the game exploring every nook and cranny STILL doesn't solve the braille puzzle, which is just stupid. It's just like the plates being littered on the ocean floor with absolutely no character anywhere even MENTIONING they exist let alone where to possibly find them unless you already know they're there.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    Well that's stupid! So they just put in a puzzle that you have no way of knowing how to solve it unless you know how to solve it? (The only reason I know it's braille is because I had the original games, in which the manual included a Braille guide) That's pretty crappy game design when they don't provide you with the tools to solve puzzle on your own within the game. The originals got a pass because, as I said, they did in fact give you a braille chart in the manual even if not in the game so you could still solve it on your own. Yes, I will look up a braille chart online, but I shouldn't have to, if there's something in game you should be able to solve it with the tools provided in game.

and the thing with Zekrom and the others is they all can be figured out by chance (the first time I soared I just happened to have pokemon that fit the criteria to unlock Uxie, Zekrom and one of the Musketter trio all at once) but wandering around the game exploring every nook and cranny STILL doesn't solve the braille puzzle, which is just stupid. It's just like the plates being littered on the ocean floor with absolutely no character anywhere even MENTIONING they exist let alone where to possibly find them unless you already know they're there.

I'm sorry that you feel this way, maybe take your thoughts over to the thread about catching legendaries in ORAS? This thread isn't really for discussion, plus we can't really do anything about you're predicament because we're not Gamefreak. Thank you :)

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017
    I got a few questions about the Eon Ticket...
    I know you have to streetpass to get it, but do you actually have to find someone who HAS the eon ticket, or do you just find anyone that has OR/AS with streetpass?

And is there any alternative? I live in the countryside in Ireland, and even when I go to a city with my 3DS, I can rarely ever find someone streetpassing, and if I do, the chances of them having an Eon Ticket or Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire just seem to low.

Nusdogg

6IV Shiny Master
    Years
    I'm having problem finding the Nameless Cavern so I can catch Uxie and Mespirit. I can't find it anywhere near Sootopolis. Can't get the red shiny star to appear for that Island whatsoever.

Already got Azelf. Any suggestions?

Years
    I'm having problem finding the Nameless Cavern so I can catch Uxie and Mespirit. I can't find it anywhere near Sootopolis. Can't get the red shiny star to appear for that Island whatsoever.

Already got Azelf. Any suggestions?

You can only get any of them at specific times of the day in the same cave.

Uxie: between 8 PM and 9 PM (20:00 - 21:00)
    Azelf between 9 PM and 4 AM (21:00 - 04:00)
    Mesprit between 4 AM and 8 PM (04:00 - 20:00)

Nusdogg

6IV Shiny Master
    Years
    You can only get any of them at specific times of the day in the same cave.

Uxie: between 8 PM and 9 PM (20:00 - 21:00)
    Azelf between 9 PM and 4 AM (21:00 - 04:00)
    Mesprit between 4 AM and 8 PM (04:00 - 20:00)

Is it true I have to bring a pokemon with max happiness?

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
    So, I've been told that in the Delta Episode you have the opportunity to catch both Rayquaza and Deoxys, and that you battle them immediately after each other. I am an ultra nerd who likes his Pokémon to have at least good natures, and often good IVs if they're legendary. However I'd likely be wanting an Adamant Rayquaza and a Modest Deoxys. Normally I'd use a Synchronise Ralts to try and ensure that I get the natures that I'm after, but I'm not sure how this would work if Deoxys is encountered immediately after Rayquaza. Is there an opportunity to save and change my lead to a Modest Ralts after catching the Adamant Rayquaza, or is it just gonna have to be down to a lot of pot luck? Thanks in advance!

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    So, I've been told that in the Delta Episode you have the opportunity to catch both Rayquaza and Deoxys, and that you battle them immediately after each other. I am an ultra nerd who likes his Pokémon to have at least good natures, and often good IVs if they're legendary. However I'd likely be wanting an Adamant Rayquaza and a Modest Deoxys. Normally I'd use a Synchronise Ralts to try and ensure that I get the natures that I'm after, but I'm not sure how this would work if Deoxys is encountered immediately after Rayquaza. Is there an opportunity to save and change my lead to a Modest Ralts after catching the Adamant Rayquaza, or is it just gonna have to be down to a lot of pot luck? Thanks in advance!
    There's no time to save in-between the battles unfortunately. What you can do is catch Rayquaza with the nature you want, then KO Deoxys. Deoxys will reappear at the Sky Pillar after you beat the Elite 4 again after clearing the Delta Episode.

Years
    There's no time to save in-between the battles unfortunately. What you can do is catch Rayquaza with the nature you want, then KO Deoxys. Deoxys will reappear at the Sky Pillar after you beat the Elite 4 again after clearing the Delta Episode.

To add on to this, since you're required to catch Rayquaza and use it, after you enter the battle with Zinnia, you're best off plugging its stats with the nature you want into an IV calculator and then seeing if it has the proper IVs in stats you're trying for.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back