• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen In-Game Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    When I try to merge Reshiram and Kyurem after I fused Zekrom and Kyurem, it doesn't let me. So I pokebanked them over to my other game and fused them, but I can't pokebank them back. Is there a way to have White and Black Kyurem?

The simple answer is no, you can't have both. :/
    ...actually, you can have both by hacking, but other than that, nope.

Years
    When I try to merge Reshiram and Kyurem after I fused Zekrom and Kyurem, it doesn't let me. So I pokebanked them over to my other game and fused them, but I can't pokebank them back. Is there a way to have White and Black Kyurem?

The simple answer is no, you can't have both. :/
    ...actually, you can have both by hacking, but other than that, nope.

The general rule on how the Kyurem form is handled is that either Reshiram or Zekrom disappears from your team when fused to Kyurem, and then reappears when unfused. As a result, you can only carry one Kyurem form at a time.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Hey guys, besides Latias is there another pokemon that can do:

Dive, Surf, Fly and waterfall?

I really dont mind using Latias/Latios as an HM slave (i find it quite an ugly pokemon) but I need it for the Soar ability do I not?

I use Dragonite for that

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    can I rematch gym leaders post game?
    Unfortunately, like in the originals, you can't rematch Gym Leaders in the post-game in ORAS. Don't know why they didn't do that for us.....

Alumens

Dreamer
    Years
    Where can i get a Dusk Stone without going to the Inverse Shop in Mauville City? I read that an hex Maniac from Mt. Pyre might give you one as a reward after a rematch battle, can anyone confirm this as well?

Years
    Where can i get a Dusk Stone without going to the Inverse Shop in Mauville City? I read that an hex Maniac from Mt. Pyre might give you one as a reward after a rematch battle, can anyone confirm this as well?

Nope, Inverse Battles are the only way to be able to get Dusk Stones unfortunately. You have to inflict 7 super-effective hits on Inver's Pokemon to be able to get the evolutionary stones, which are randomized. Also, you get three of a certain stone instead of one if nothing on your team faints.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years

Nope, Inverse Battles are the only way to be able to get Dusk Stones unfortunately. You have to inflict 7 super-effective hits on Inver's Pokemon to be able to get the evolutionary stones, which are randomized. Also, you get three of a certain stone instead of one if nothing on your team faints.

Also, Dusk Stones are potential rewards for rematching Hex Maniac Valerie at Mt. Pyre. More are also rewards for doing the Aegislash Super Secret Training regimen.

peterd1994

pokemonfanforever
    Years
    I'm using this for druddigon but how cant I get sucker punch
    Outrage/Dragon Claw
    -Sucker Punch/Dragon Claw
    -Fire Punch
    -Gunk Shot
    Nature: Adamant

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I'm using this for druddigon but how cant I get sucker punch
    Outrage/Dragon Claw
    -Sucker Punch/Dragon Claw
    -Fire Punch
    -Gunk Shot
    Nature: Adamant

Sucker Punch is one of Druddigon's egg moves. It can only be obtainable by chain-breeding, though the chain is as follows: Rattata/Raticate/Diglett/Dugtrio/Sentret/Furret/Poochyena/Mightyena/Mawile/Spinda/Kecleon/Absol/Glameow/Purrloin/Liepard/Furfrou/Meowstic > Ekans/Nidoran (offspring has to be male) > Druddigon

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017
    Can male Pokemon pass down natures when given an everstone?
    So, if I put a timid Male Serperior @Everstone with any other nature Female Contrary Serperior, could I get a Timid Contrary Snivy? (Sorry if that was confusing)

Years
    Can male Pokemon pass down natures when given an everstone?
    So, if I put a timid Male Serperior @Everstone with any other nature Female Contrary Serperior, could I get a Timid Contrary Snivy? (Sorry if that was confusing)

The nature-passing mechanic with the Everstone works for both male and female Pokemon, or pretty much anything that is capable of breeding for that matter. It was a 50% chance of inheriting the holder's nature, but that got changed to 100% in Black 2 & White 2 and has been that way since.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Anyone know a good moveset for timid gengar?

Gengar has three good sets, really:
    -Shadow Ball
    -Sludge Wave/Sludge Bomb
    -Focus Blast
    -Destiny Bond/Taunt/Substitute
    Nature: Timid
    EVs: 252 SAtk/4 SDef/252 Spe
    Item: Life Orb/Focus Sash/Black Sludge

or
    -Substitute
    -Shadow Ball
    -Will-o-Wisp
    -Taunt/Sludge Bomb/Sludge Wave/Disable
    EVs: 28 HP/148 SAtk/80 SDef/252 Spe
    Item: Black Sludge

or
    -Hex
    -Taunt
    -Will-o-Wisp
    -Sludge Wave/Sludge Bomb/Substitute
    EVs: 8 HP/248 SAtk/252 Spe
    Item: Black Sludge

Mimikyu402

Flareon Master
    Years
    so I am not missing anything if I turn my Latias to an HM slave?
    but why are some people really against this idea? I remember someone was saying that giving an HM to a pokemon like Latias was joke...

thats maybe because most people me included think they look awsome and only the minority think they look bad so people dont like waste HMs on such a awsome pokemon

Volga

The Dragon Knight
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Mar 19, 2023
    What is the fastest way to level up a competitive team?

Adding on to what Altairis said, use the EXP Share (if training a whole team), Level 3 EXP Point O-Power, and Lucky Eggs.

Lucky Eggs can be found on Dexnav'd Pelippers.

Zaiato

Captain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2015
    When pokemon reach lvl 50 they are ready for competitive right them being lvl 100 does not matter

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    When pokemon reach lvl 50 they are ready for competitive right them being lvl 100 does not matter
    Yeah, there's no reason to level them past 50 unless they don't reach their final form until after level 50 or don't learn a move you need until after level 50, since 50 is the set level for all Battle Spot battles.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back