• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen In-Game Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2014
    Unable to find hidden pokemon - Need help

So I bought this game two days ago, and I was able to sneak up on the first hidden Pokemon, but now it seems I'm unable to "creep" up on them, and instead just end up walking towards them no matter how slow I press the DS pad. This causes them to flee and is making me very agitated. Any suggestions on what I can do to fix this? Is this a software vs hardware problem? Any suggestions would be great. I already tried turning off my game and turning it back on, taking the game out, powering the whole thing down with no luck. Please help.

Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2014
    I've already tried three times to recalibrate. I haven't changed any settings, so I don't know why it would work in the past, and then not work all of a sudden.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • If you can't fix it then I'd wager it's a hardware problem, but it's hard to say without trying it out myself.

Do make sure that you are using the circle pad, as the D pad is impossible to sneak with, just in case that's the problem. Don't hold B for the running shoes, and try also to push the circle pad in different ways.

I'll merge this thread with the ORAS help thread, as this section is for questions about the forums rather than games.

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2015
    I've already tried three times to recalibrate. I haven't changed any settings, so I don't know why it would work in the past, and then not work all of a sudden.

Are you, by any chance, using the Dowsing Machine? It is impossible to sneak when using it and should be taken off whenever you do want to sneak up on a Pokémon.

If you aren't, then I honestly have no clue. That is an odd problem.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2014
    Definitely was using the dowsing machine which was preventing me from sneaking. Didn't realize it until I went to the Pokemon center. *Face palm* Thanks for the tip.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Question with sliiiight spoiler on the Delta Episode.

Spoiler:

well I don't know what moves it has, but if it has any non damaging moves, you could always use that move until it faints in battle, then you don't have to worry about any exp or EVs

Years
  • Question with sliiiight spoiler on the Delta Episode.

Spoiler:

well I don't know what moves it has, but if it has any non damaging moves, you could always use that move until it faints in battle, then you don't have to worry about any exp or EVs

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2015

... That is definitely an option, if anything. I'll get back to you on that whenever I reach it. You're a genius. xD

EDIT:

Spoiler:

Ah! Even better! I shall definitely try that out once I reach it, then.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    This might be obvious about the version exclusive legendaries, but:

Spoiler:

Years
  • Um.. So I might have accidentally saved after literally one-shoting lvl 45 primal kyogre, with a level 58 mightyena, using crunch, at +1, thanks to a crit, while attempting to catch it using another ball than the master ball.. ( I never really saw that coming to be really honest.. I'm still kinda shocked XD )

Out of curiosity, I let the game continue instead of reloading right away, to see if the NPC would say something different, or something.. But then sometime later, when I was able to control my character again, I had a brainfart and saved out of habit.. :/

I can't find that info on serebii or anywhere else I've looked.. But is this like the older gen games where you can catch the legendaries again after beating the E4 ? Or is there another way to get Kyogre ?

Death

The Pale Horseman
    Years
  • Um.. So I might have accidentally saved after literally one-shoting lvl 45 primal kyogre, with a level 58 mightyena, using crunch, at +1, thanks to a crit, while attempting to catch it using another ball than the master ball.. ( I never really saw that coming to be really honest.. I'm still kinda shocked XD )

Out of curiosity, I let the game continue instead of reloading right away, to see if the NPC would say something different, or something.. But then sometime later, when I was able to control my character again, I had a brainfart and saved out of habit.. :/

I can't find that info on serebii or anywhere else I've looked.. But is this like the older gen games where you can catch the legendaries again after beating the E4 ? Or is there another way to get Kyogre ?

You need to beat the Pokemon League, after that, Kyogre should reappear.
    (source)

------------

edit.
    Also, I don't know if this has been answered before, but regarding shiny groudon/kyogre.

It might be possible according to this thread.
    Notice the YT video as well as the first picture in the reddit thread.

Of course, take this with a grain of salt as it may not be 100% accurate.

Last edited:

YellowTemperance

DeDeDoodles™ by Kirby
    Years
  • So let's say I encountered Zekrom at the Fabled Cave in Alpha Sapphire, and after some difficult time battling him, ran away because of a distinct lack of Ultra Balls. Does his ring reactivate in the Fabled Cave after 24 hours, or do I have to face the E4 again to trigger his battle? I'd like to get him recorded in the Pokedex without transferring my Zekrom from White over if I don't have to.

Volga

The Dragon Knight
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Mar 19, 2023
    So let's say I encountered Zekrom at the Fabled Cave in Alpha Sapphire, and after some difficult time battling him, ran away because of a distinct lack of Ultra Balls. Does his ring reactivate in the Fabled Cave after 24 hours, or do I have to face the E4 again to trigger his battle? I'd like to get him recorded in the Pokedex without transferring my Zekrom from White over if I don't have to.

You should be able to fight him again after beating the E4, not sure though.

How do you level up the DexNav?

Each Pokemon has it's own search level in the DexNav, all you have to do is encounter it in battle, you can KO it, Run, anything, just initiate a battle with it and the search level goes up. This counts for all Pokemon catchable in the wild (excluding legendaries).

Also, the search level never goes down, so you don't have to worry about chaining or anything.

Blueredemption

Never stop exploring!
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Oct 16, 2023
    Anybody know if there is a place where i can buy vending machine items in bulk? Kind of like how they had the General store on mt.moon in heartgold/soulsilver. I am about to head into the elete 4 and i dont feel like standing at a vending machine for a half hour :P but if i have to i will.

Years
  • Anybody know if there is a place where i can buy vending machine items in bulk? Kind of like how they had the General store on mt.moon in heartgold/soulsilver. I am about to head into the elete 4 and i dont feel like standing at a vending machine for a half hour :P but if i have to i will.

Don't think there is one. I know there are places where you can buy Moomoo Milk in bulk, though (Serebii says Slateport, Verdanturf, Fallarbor, and Lilycove), and they heal more than the vending machine drinks so maybe you could get some of those instead?

Blueredemption

Never stop exploring!
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Oct 16, 2023
    Don't think there is one. I know there are places where you can buy Moomoo Milk in bulk, though (Serebii says Slateport, Verdanturf, Fallarbor, and Lilycove), and they heal more than the vending machine drinks so maybe you could get some of those instead?

Ah dang... honastly i would get Moomoo milk, but they are more expensive compared to lemonade. Moomilk is 500 per 100HP while lemonade is 438. I have very little money at this point, so i am getting the cheapest healing item available.

Thanks for the confirmation

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back