• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen In-Game Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
  • It's post game. I haven't finished Delta Episode yet and I can buy them. All Mega Stones can be found after beating the E4 once.

That's not true, actually. Some of the Mega Stones can be obtained pre-Elite 4, like the Alakazite in Slateport and the Mawilite in a tucked-away corner in Verdanturf (though you have to go to a secret path in Route 118 to reach it). Steven also gives you your starter's Mega Stone after defeating/catching the Kecleon in Route 120. The gift Lati@s also comes with its Mega Stone. The Glalitite is in Shoal Cave's basement, while the Steelixite is in Granite Cave. A Collector in Lilycove will give you the Altarianite if you show him an Altaria. Those are just examples.

Years
  • That's not true, actually. Some of the Mega Stones can be obtained pre-Elite 4, like the Alakazite in Slateport and the Mawilite in a tucked-away corner in Verdanturf (though you have to go to a secret path in Route 118 to reach it). Steven also gives you your starter's Mega Stone after defeating/catching the Kecleon in Route 120. The gift Lati@s also comes with its Mega Stone. The Glalitite is in Shoal Cave's basement, while the Steelixite is in Granite Cave. Those are just examples.

My bad. I know I've had Alakazite for a while now, just thought I got it through a trade or something. Thanks.

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    Have they changed the breeding mechanics in this game from X and Y? Is there anything that makes it easier? I haven't got the game yet.

Years
  • Are Kyogre and Groudon shiny locked in this game?

Considering resetting for shiny ones if they aren't.

I recall hearing most of the Mirage Spot legendaries aren't shiny-locked (I recall seeing a pic where someone caught a shiny Zekrom) although I'm not sure about Kyogre/Groudon. Hopefully more details may emerge to prove a concrete answer, but yeah it's not fully known at this stage.

Have they changed the breeding mechanics in this game from X and Y? Is there anything that makes it easier? I haven't got the game yet.

The breeding mechanics are the same as X/Y as far as I recall.

εcho.

The silver ninetales
    Years
  • I recall hearing most of the Mirage Spot legendaries aren't shiny-locked (I recall seeing a pic where someone caught a shiny Zekrom) although I'm not sure about Kyogre/Groudon. Hopefully more details may emerge to prove a concrete answer, but yeah it's not fully known at this stage.

Ah, okay! Thanks for the response.

I probably won't bother resetting then. I'd hate to waste a bunch of time for nothing. xD

ShivaDF

The Scooter-riding Artist
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2017
    I knwo this is probably a silly question, but I'm wondering about two things:

First, after beating the Elite Four, I found Wattson in Mauville and he gave me the wuest surrounding New Mauville. The problem is... I can't find New Mauville. >_< I completed the Sea Mauville quests, but I can't find a New Mauville anywhere.

Second, also after I beat the Elite Four, I found Tate and Liza in the Lilycover department store. A MIB guy was talking about buying them toys to butter them up for research regarding space travel in Mossdeep. I feel like there should be some sort of quest involved here, but I don't know how to trigger anything?

Thanks to anyone who can help me!

εcho.

The silver ninetales
    Years
  • I knwo this is probably a silly question, but I'm wondering about two things:

First, after beating the Elite Four, I found Wattson in Mauville and he gave me the wuest surrounding New Mauville. The problem is... I can't find New Mauville. >_< I completed the Sea Mauville quests, but I can't find a New Mauville anywhere.

Second, also after I beat the Elite Four, I found Tate and Liza in the Lilycover department store. A MIB guy was talking about buying them toys to butter them up for research regarding space travel in Mossdeep. I feel like there should be some sort of quest involved here, but I don't know how to trigger anything?

Thanks to anyone who can help me!

To get to New Mauville, go surfing just south of Mauville by the bike path. You should be able to find the entrance on an island there (if I remember correctly, it's a bit to the west.)

Don't know about your second inquiry.

ShivaDF

The Scooter-riding Artist
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2017
    To get to New Mauville, go surfing just south of Mauville by the bike path. You should be able to find the entrance on an island there (if I remember correctly, it's a bit to the west.)
    Oh, so it's like the Power Plant in the originals? I thought I'd looked there... thank you!

XDragonRiderX

Time flies.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2021
    How do I find Feebas?

Lapras vs Azumarill vs Feebas (Milotic)? I'm about to battle Flannery (fire type) and I can't decide on which to train. I'd like a tank that can learn Ice Beam, Earthquake, and Thunderbolt or moves that can cover all the bases.

Editing in my previous q: How do get into tHe Mauville HeigHts? THe storyteller invited me tHere but I don't know How to get in.

Years
  • How do I find Feebas?

Lapras vs Azumarill vs Feebas (Milotic)? I'm about to battle Flannery (fire type) and I can't decide on which to train. I'd like a tank that can learn Ice Beam, Earthquake, and Thunderbolt or moves that can cover all the bases.=

Feebas can be fished up on Route 119, with any of the rods. Also, it's now much easier to find than the original games, since it's not restricted to specific tiles anymore.

I'm assuming you didn't pick Mudkip as your starter? Otherwise you would be asking this question.

Of the Water-types you mentioned, only Lapras can learn Thunderbolt. None of them learn Earthquake sadly, but they do all learn Ice Beam. Also, I think the TMs for said moves are obtained extremely late in the game, with Thunderbolt and Ice Beam (based on information I read) only being after the 8th Gym. Feebas is also not obtained until after 5th Gym, barring trading. Lapras isn't available without Bank or trading, but Azumarill is not as terrible as it was in the original games because it now learns strong moves early (such as Aqua Tail) and also gained a few more resistances from its Fairy-type gained in this generation. Make sure you get one with Huge Power if you want to use Azumarill.

If you want something that can use Earthquake, several Rock and Ground-types available can make use of it. A good one is Camerupt which is a bit slow, but it hits hard and has very balanced offensive stats which allow it to make use of both physical and special moves effectively, and it doesn't have many weaknesses but the only one you really need to worry about is Water (and to a lesser extent, Ground). You can catch Numel on Route 112, Jagged Pass and Fiery Path, and is a common encounter in said areas. As for Thunderbolt, there's a few things that can make use of it, such as the Ralts line (although Gardevoir is slightly better than Gallade here because you can't get a Dawn Stone until Victory Road, and it evolves into Gardevoir just by level-up), and the various Electric-types also found.

Aside from Azumarill, another good Water-type obtainable before 4th Gym is Tentacool which has really good special stats (particularly Sp. Defense) and its Poison-type is handy for dealing with Fairy-types (I know there's not much in Hoenn but they can be a common sight). Gyarados is also another strong contender, although it prefers using physical attacks. It's still very strong and learns some powerful moves on its own.

BourbonWhiskey

Pokemon Trainer Since 1998
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2017
    My problem is with the Secret Bases.

I have added someone last November 25th, and up until now, he doesn't seem to battle me and just say "come back again tomorrow". I know I have changed the date by a day that very day but it has been 2 days and it still says the same. Please help me. And thank you very much!

Death

The Pale Horseman
    Years
  • I know that if you knock our Groudon/Kyogre, they reappear after you beat the Pokemon League.

My question is, will their nature and IVs be set during the re-battle, or will they be randomized for soft-resetting?

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2015
    My problem is with the Secret Bases.

I have added someone last November 25th, and up until now, he doesn't seem to battle me and just say "come back again tomorrow". I know I have changed the date by a day that very day but it has been 2 days and it still says the same. Please help me. And thank you very much!

Whenever you change the date of the 3DS, the game resets the counter back to 24 hours, I believe. This also applies to everything else in the game that relates to time. [Though some I've heard resets them to 72 hours.]

Last edited:

BourbonWhiskey

Pokemon Trainer Since 1998
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2017
    Whenever you change the date of the 3DS, the game resets the counter back to 24 hours, I believe. This applies to everything else in the game that relates to time. [Though some I've heard resets them to 72 hours.]

I greatly appreciate it Sir. I do hope tomorrow will be my lucky day and I will never ever do anything again with my 3DS time..

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • How the heck do you change the tides? I want to catch a snorunt and get Glalie's Mega Stone.

I wouldn't recommend changing your DS' clock unless you're going into a new time zone because in-game events won't occur for 24 hours if you change the clock.

Also, if you're curious about when low tide Shoal Cave occurs, they occur between 3-8 AM and 3-8 PM.

Years
  • I wouldn't recommend changing your DS' clock unless you're going into a new time zone because in-game events won't occur for 24 hours if you change the clock.

Also, if you're curious about when low tide Shoal Cave occurs, they occur between 3-8 AM and 3-8 PM.

It's okay I never have time for them anyway, and thanks finally got it. Now to build a team around it! I'm so excited! =D

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    Right here, I think you have to have beaten the Delta Episode to buy them (I'm not entirely sure).
    Spoiler:

When you go to buy from him, it says Title: *Something Here*.
    Do not buy Title: Loneliness, Title: Emotionless, or Title: Tears. They are just Hard Stones.

The ones you want are the two other than those, based on the starters you didn't choose, Title: Fading Fire (Blazikenite) and I can't remember the names of the other two, which are Sceptilite and Swampertite.
    Haven't beat the Delta Episode, so he doesn't have the mega stones.
    Another question, where do you get the master ball?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back