• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen In-Game Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2022
    Is there anyway to get mach punch on Machop?

No, Machop cannot learn Mach Punch through any method.

Is there a way to breed an Electabuzz with a Ditto and get an Electabuzz egg? I can remember thinking that was possible but the way I thought it works still gives an Elekid from the egg. Is this possible in OR/AS?

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Is there a way to breed an Electabuzz with a Ditto and get an Electabuzz egg? I can remember thinking that was possible but the way I thought it works still gives an Elekid from the egg. Is this possible in OR/AS?
    When breeding Electabuzz, the Pokemon hatched will always be Elekid. That's been the case since gen 2 and it's also true for all the other baby Pokemon introduced in GSC as well.

Lucifer

Fallen1
    Years
    Hey, is there anyway that my Alpha Sapphire could trade with my original Sapphire. A friend gave me a Mewtwo on my original Sapphire several years ago and I'd like to transfer it to AS. Is there anyway at all this is possible?

Volga

The Dragon Knight
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Mar 19, 2023
    Hey, is there anyway that my Alpha Sapphire could trade with my original Sapphire. A friend gave me a Mewtwo on my original Sapphire several years ago and I'd like to transfer it to AS. Is there anyway at all this is possible?

You need a DS with a GBA slot, a 4th gen game, and a 5th gen game. As well as your 3DS and AS.

Steps to do it:
    1. Transfer Mewtwo from Sapphire to Gen 4 game with Pal Park in gen 4 game.
    2. Transfer Mewtwo from 4th gen game to 5th gen game with the Poke Transfer thing in gen 5 game.
    3. Transfer Mewtwo from gen 5 game to AS with Pokemon Transporter, which is a 3ds app and needs Pokebank to use (I think).

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2015
    Help! (Catching Heatran)

This is my first post, excuse me if it isn't the right place to post it.

I started Alpha Sapphire 2 days ago and I'm having really huge difficulty capturing Heatran :/ but it's not just that every legendary or even normal pokemon I struggle intensely harder than that of the walkthrough counterparts! I don't know what I'm doing wrong could someone give me some tips and pointers for catching pokemon?

E.g. When I tried to catch Lugia it was on 1hp(False Swipe) and was asleep, however it still took me 24 ultraballs, Kyogre took 17, and Rayquaza about 30. These pokemon were all false swiped to 1hp, why were they so hard to catch still even though they had status effects? How could I improve upon this.

-My party is
    Rayquaza
    Sceptile
    Crobat
    Sableye
    Gardevoir
    and a Ludicolo

All pokemon are lvl 62-72 :3

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2016
    They're hard to catch because Legendaries have a low percent catch rate (about 3%). I took me about 200 premier balls just to get Zekrom. It really is luck but don't give in, it'll happen. You're doing it right though, keep using False swipe and Paralysis/Sleep. Sometimes you get lucky, it took me 2 premier balls to catch Rayquaza.

Volga

The Dragon Knight
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Mar 19, 2023
    Use Timer Balls and Dusk Balls. They work so much more well than Ultra Balls.

Here are the catch rates of each ball.
    Ultra Ball: x2
    Timer Ball (After 10 turns): x4
    Dusk Ball (At night or in cave): x3.5

So if you get Heatran to 1HP and put him to sleep.
    The chances for each ball are:

Ultra Ball: 4.3% Chance
    Timer Ball (After 10 turns): I don't know the exact, but it's at least 10% chance.
    Dusk Ball (At night or in cave): 9% Chance

Just keep using Dusk Balls for the first 10 turns, then go to Timer Balls. That's the strategy I use and I never really had much of a problem.

Also, while you're throwing the balls, you may get really lucky and get a critical capture, which increases the catch rate by a lot. Here's more info on it.

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2016
    Can somebody help me? I've caught a whole bunch of Snorunts in Shoal Cave and I'm not sure what nature to use for a Froslass? I would like to have the option open for battling against people if I choose.

Lucifer

Fallen1
    Years
    You need a DS with a GBA slot, a 4th gen game, and a 5th gen game. As well as your 3DS and AS.

Steps to do it:
    1. Transfer Mewtwo from Sapphire to Gen 4 game with Pal Park in gen 4 game.
    2. Transfer Mewtwo from 4th gen game to 5th gen game with the Poke Transfer thing in gen 5 game.
    3. Transfer Mewtwo from gen 5 game to AS with Pokemon Transporter, which is a 3ds app and needs Pokebank to use (I think).

Thank you for such a detailed answer. Unfortunately I am unable to perform this procedure. I no longer have Pal Park in 4th gen since restarting my Pearl and that's obtained after the Elite 4 am I right? I'm also unable to have a Pokebank, I can't do anything that requires real money and I believe Pokebank does.

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    They're hard to catch because Legendaries have a low percent catch rate (about 3%). I took me about 200 premier balls just to get Zekrom. It really is luck but don't give in, it'll happen. You're doing it right though, keep using False swipe and Paralysis/Sleep. Sometimes you get lucky, it took me 2 premier balls to catch Rayquaza.
    Some corrections.

Catch rate =/= percentage of catching. Here's a catch rate calculator for you

The vast majority of legendaries have a catch rate of 3. Kyogre and Groudon have a catch rate of 5. However, here are some exceptions: Dialga and Palkia have a catch rate of 30. Rayquaza (as of OR/AS), Reshiram, Zekrom, Xerneas, Yveltal and Shaymin have a catch rate of 45. The former five legends were set this way because they were mandatory catches in their respective games.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
    Thank you for such a detailed answer. Unfortunately I am unable to perform this procedure. I no longer have Pal Park in 4th gen since restarting my Pearl and that's obtained after the Elite 4 am I right? I'm also unable to have a Pokebank, I can't do anything that requires real money and I believe Pokebank does.

Actually I think Pokebank has some free space, then requires money for more boxes.

So I just got AS, and decided to catch a tailow with that new poke out of grass thing. But it knew no real attacks, even peck. Will it ever learn it? If I keep trying to train it I can get Quick Attack atleast. but I'm starting to find these "special" pokemon more inferior. Sure SuperSonic is nice, but not if I can't attack. My Lotad didn't know a attack either, but I had to train it to learn asorb. Not a big deal, but its kinda annoying.

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    So I just got AS, and decided to catch a tailow with that new poke out of grass thing. But it knew no real attacks, even peck. Will it ever learn it? If I keep trying to train it I can get Quick Attack atleast. but I'm starting to find these "special" pokemon more inferior. Sure SuperSonic is nice, but not if I can't attack. My Lotad didn't know a attack either, but I had to train it to learn asorb. Not a big deal, but its kinda annoying.

If you're looking for Pokémon using the DexNav, then chances are that their first moves are replaced with Egg Moves (if there's a red exclamation mark on it). You can actually see what their first moves will be on the DexNav's [First Move] on the lower-left side of the screen.
    In-Game Quick Questions & Answers

So if you want to capture 'mons with attack moves in the early routes, then just avoid capturing those with Special (Egg) Moves. ^^

Lucifer

Fallen1
    Years
    CountryEmo said:
    Actually I think Pokebank has some free space, then requires money for more boxes.

Great thank you for this, I might have to look into this Pokebank or perhaps a friend will help me out with this transfer I desire by letting me upload the pokemon to his bank.

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    Kalos pokemon

Hi all, I've only recently started OR and don't yet have X or Y so am really after trying to catch as many Kalos pokemon as possible along the way. Do any notable places have any or is it only after the elite 4/delta that they can be caught? I've managed to get Sylveon so far by evolving an eevee from a previous game and got some bird one from wonder trade that's all. Any help would be appreciated. I've also checked the GTS but there seems to be very few searchable pokemon on it and none that I are from Kalos that I could see. Is the GTS location specific? I'm in the UK so wondering if timezone was why so few were showing during the day.

Years
    As far as I know, the following Kalos Pokemon can be caught within OR/AS in the following areas:

Phantump: Petalburg Woods
    Skrelp (OR) / Clauncher (AS): Route 105, 106, 107, 108, 109
    Klefki: Route 113

Just a note that they are all found using the DexNav.

That is sadly all that I know of, everything else is X/Y exclusive and therefore can only be traded over from those games. As for the GTS, I'm pretty sure it's not location dependant, you might just be unlucky but do check back and something good might be there.

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021

Thanks for the info! I was going to get X/Y first but no stores had it in stock when I went out to buy it, what a pain. OR is great though a massive update from my last game (White) and loving the new graphics and features. I guess I'll try and find those ones you listed then, thanks.

Just got a Froakie via wonder trade! I think i'm going to be doing a lot of wonder trading, seems quite fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017
    Is there any Pokemon in the game that can learn both False Swipe and a move that causes the sleep status (on opponent)?

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back