• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen In-Game Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    From what I know only the OTID has the right to change a Pokémon's nickname.
    As Volga says, if it came from a different save/different game(transfered through PokéBank from older Generations, his other Gen VI games) then he wouldn't be able to change it.

Check your friend's Trainer Card and your Pokémon's OTID and ID if they are exactly the same.

the problem with that is it doesn't matter if the OT and ID number are the same, the SECRET ID number ALSO needs to be the same and there's no in game way of checking that. As Volga pointed out, there is a Power Save code that makes pokemon shiny, but it changes their Secret ID number, so if your friend has the exact same OT and ID number in his game as the pokemon he traded you has, it's pretty obvious that it's most likely he's been power saving and just doesn't want to admit to it! ;-)

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    the problem with that is it doesn't matter if the OT and ID number are the same, the SECRET ID number ALSO needs to be the same and there's no in game way of checking that. As Volga pointed out, there is a Power Save code that makes pokemon shiny, but it changes their Secret ID number, so if your friend has the exact same OT and ID number in his game as the pokemon he traded you has, it's pretty obvious that it's most likely he's been power saving and just doesn't want to admit to it! ;-)

Aiii, I forgot that SID. :P

Let's not assume that the OP's friend's using cheats, as it doesn't sound right! Hahaha!

Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2023
    Is there any way to increase your chances of getting Crescent Isle? Been looking for it for months to no avail.

Years
  • Is there any way to increase your chances of getting Crescent Isle? Been looking for it for months to no avail.

I don't think there's any way to increase the chance, but do keep checking every day and I'm sure Crescent Isle will eventually appear.

Years
  • So would you consider it easier to catch shiny Pokemon in ORAS?

I think it still stems down to luck, since DexNav has no increased chance of shinies. I've had terrible luck because I've only caught one shiny so far, and that was a Zigzagoon via random encounter.

Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2019
    Sorry to be truthful but, he definitely hacked his game.

There is pretty much no "bug" that makes you unable to nickname your starter. And you should be able to nickname that shiny naturally. A bug like that wouldn't have been overlooked.

Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2017
    so i cant seem to find a thread for it on oras but i am just looking for people to talk, trade, and battle with. I am working on my competitive mons and all that but more than anything I just single player through pokemon games. no one i know plays it consistently like i do. just add me and let me know when you add me so i can add you back. if there is a thread in the ORAS forum feel free to move this reply, i just couldnt find a spot lol

but to fit the forum title.. I was battling clemont just now and somehow my gogoat held on after emolga with 1hp and got quick claw active to ko him and repeated the exact same setup for his whole team. probably the luckiest i have ever been in y so far.

Years
  • so i cant seem to find a thread for it on oras but i am just looking for people to talk, trade, and battle with. I am working on my competitive mons and all that but more than anything I just single player through pokemon games. no one i know plays it consistently like i do. just add me and let me know when you add me so i can add you back. if there is a thread in the ORAS forum feel free to move this reply, i just couldnt find a spot lol

but to fit the forum title.. I was battling clemont just now and somehow my gogoat held on after emolga with 1hp and got quick claw active to ko him and repeated the exact same setup for his whole team. probably the luckiest i have ever been in y so far.

So this isn't really the place to ask that, but of course since you're new, no worries! PokeCommunity is a great place to connect with other Pokemon players. The Trade section is great for trading, and the Competitive Battling section is great for battling. If you'd like a great time you should check out PC's Online battling server; information can be found about that in the Competitive Battling section as well.

If you'd like to discuss your ORAS journey, check out the Travel Journal thread and post in there :]

Years
  • Need Help with IV's

So here's the situation. I have just started learning about IV's and what they can do for your team. So I finally got the destiny knot, found the Pokémon I was wanting to breed (Luxray), and made a pretty good Shinx. I trained it to Lv.50 then realized I should have taught it Ice Fang (my bad). So I caught a male with zero IV's with Ice Fang plus had a good nature. Anyways my problem is I cant get them to breed past one or two IV's :( anybody know what I'm doing wrong?? Please Help! :'(

Years
  • Do you own Pokemon X/Y? If yes I would highly suggest you using Friend Safari/GTS/regular trade and get a good Ditto as soon as you can and then trade it for your OR/AS copy. If not. Keep DexNaving for the better Shinx, as for the nature I would suggest you having Pokemon with Synchronize and seek for as much males as possible with different IV combinations.

bluestars83

Your friendly neighborhood Ace Trainer :)
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 6, 2016
    As Recluse has said, your best bet is high as possible IV Ditto from Friend Safari in X/Y. In saying that though, and here's where it can get confusing so hold on to your britches lol. If you don't have a decent IV'd Ditto, you can still get a good rounded IV Shinx still. Just takes a LOT of work. I could always try and get you a decently IV'd Shinx if you like when i can. I'm all done with story so i'm only breeding right now anyways.

Years
  • the only problem I have with the ditto is that its hard for me to get one since I don't have many friend codes. I would love it if someone could get me a good IV ditto. So I should just find a better shinx with the dexnav? one with three IV's at least? I just want to start working on this ASAP lol

Years
  • is there a way I can breed your perfect ditto to get my own? I Plan on breeding more then the Shinx. Also does it matter who I give the destiny knot? Male or Female?

Years
  • is there a way I can breed your perfect ditto to get my own? I Plan on breeding more then the Shinx. Also does it matter who I give the destiny knot? Male or Female?
    I hope it's fine if I answer this Recluse, but for your first question: no. Ditto's can't be bred with other Dittos to get a Ditto. Basically it's like how legendaries can't be bred. And for the second: also no. The Destiny Knot will take 5 IVs from BOTH of your Pokemon not just the one you give it to.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back