• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: In which we welcome back Shining Raichu from his extended vacation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    My first game was Blue where my Blastoise obliterated everything in sight. Right now Blastoise is tied for my favorite starter alongside Swampert which was my first lv100 in Ruby with an adamant nature.. Only generation of starters which I don't like would have to be the Gen 5 ones. Granted Emboar was the coolest of the 3 imo but the fire/fighting typing ruined it for me more or less. The gen 6 starters look horrible too but until the typings for their 2nd stage evolutions are confirmed I'll reserve my final judgment.

Last edited:

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • My first game was Red and if I remember right my first 100 was a Typhlosion in Gold, though I could of have gotten a Pokemon to 100 in Red or Yellow. Now this forums taking me back.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
  • I had copies of Silver and Chrystal. Never got 100's on them, since the battery ended up dying.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 14, 2021
    @Hikari, how can you hate Charizard. Its as bad as saying 'I hate Oshawottz'.

Avishka

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    hikari hates charizard?!
    I like charizard ... It was my first Pokemon :P

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • Charizard is pretty cool, but I found myself liking Blastoise & Venusaur more for battles. Although Charizard's design is awesome.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
  • I don't remember having a level 100 Pokemon before. :/ The highest I've gotten to was around level 80+ for my whole team in White 2.

I do remember having on my first copy of Silver a level 70+ Fearow, a level 60+ Feraligatr and the rest of my team level 2-3. How silly was I back then to not have a fully trained team. xD

I like Charizard too~ It was always a toss between Charmander or Squirtle for me in RGB and FR/LG. I never picked Bulbasaur though. I don't like to train Grass-types.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Sooooo tired of Charizard. He's one of those like Gyarados and Dragonite in the first gen that I'm tired of and just want to go away forever because people are so obsessed.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
  • I'm not obsessed over Charizard, nor do I hate him. I don't see any reason to hate him. Him being overrated doesn't count for me. As long as you're not like OMG I LOVE CHARIZARD I BREATHE CHARIZARD I CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT CHARIZARD etc. etc., I don't mind him at all. In fact, he is a rather great starter.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Because people think they're hilarious when they say "Charizard is the best no other Pokemon is good ahaha", when it's the same joke every other person that's only played one Pokemon game makes. >_o

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
    Years
  • My first pokemon that reached Lvl.100 was my Blastoise in FireRed. And Charizard is sooooo awesome I always pick it in FireRed though if I change my mind I'll pick squirtle instead. And I also don't pick grass type starters in the 1st and 2nd gen only since I think they look lame.

And Dragonite and Gyarados are awesome as well! :3

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 14, 2021
    I don't really like him, but I don't really hate him, but hating him would be an immoral sin if you ask me. But I feel that its overrated, it has no good stats, but many people still like Charizard. But as I said, I don't really like hate or like him. After all, my only love goes to Snorlax, 2nd place goes to Fearow.

Speaking about level 100s, I think I have about 20++ level 100 Pokemon in my HG game. My first level 100 is Snorlax on Red, second one's Fearow on Gold.

I just love Fearow for some reason. Underrated in my opinion.

Avishka

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    i don't really know anyone who is obsessed over Charizard, i know a few who think charizard is overrated and who don't like him.
    but.. i think it is overrated
    i don't think any of my pokemon has reached 100th level xD :P

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Sometimes it's okay to be stereotypical Dipu.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2018
    Because *sometimes* being stereotypical isn't acceptable, hmm? [X

I have a specific dislike of Smoochum/Jynx. I don't think I need to say anything else.
    Also not a fan of the Chikorita line, but of course I ended up with a shiny one while SRing Heartgold version. T:

Irrelevant, but I'm getting tired of those red and pink avatars being all over facebook. Is there an actual reason for this, or are they just trying to be "supportive"? >_>

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back