• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: In which we welcome back Shining Raichu from his extended vacation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I tried once! I got bored after getting 3 good stats on a Mienfoo. I don't like RNGing so that was my only way and just didn't feel like it anymore, haha.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I've planned out plenty of teams, but I never go through with the training. The one I'm working on right now was just thrown together without checking movesets or stats- it's more fun that way.

I usually spend more time stealing stuff from wild Pokemon, hunting for shinies, etc. more than I do battling and training, though.

Honest

Hi!
Years
I stopped playing Pokemon altogether. Although I'll be honest, if I did have a game on me, I'd probably EV train a good team again. =P

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I love how people always use uber Pokemon for their team, while I use non-evolved Pokemon as my competitive team, and yet, I don't lose a lot.

My Pokemon are uber ;)

Years
  • Seen Mar 29, 2015
I stopped playing Pokemon altogether. Although I'll be honest, if I did have a game on me, I'd probably EV train a good team again. =P

I'm in a similar position that you're in. My interest in Pokémon is on the decline. But even if I were to get back into the swing of things, I couldn't battle competitively to save my life.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I dont see myself ever not being interested in Pokemon tbh. I feel like I will always play it at least somewhat.

Honest

Hi!
Years
Okay, I'll admit. Ever since I found out about PC's Battle Server and also the Fortune Cup, my interest skyrocketed.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I kinda went into a time when I thought Pokemon was getting worse and I was thinking it was for kids. I was like around 13 until 17. Until I bought Heart Gold just for the sake of playing one of my all time favorite game when I was a kid. I got hooked right back into the Pokemon world, and I absolutely do not regret it :)

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
I'm in a similar position that you're in. My interest in Pokémon is on the decline. But even if I were to get back into the swing of things, I couldn't battle competitively to save my life.

This is it for me too, to be honest. I don't have enough time in the day to invest in competitive battling, as fun as it may be, too.
Got work, have to cook dinner, clean, etc (live on my own) and I'm trying to learn a language too. Plus I have a bad backlog of games I really need to play.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Honestly I even feel that my interests in Videogames has dropped which is a shame. I've been meaning to start playing Persona4 for ages! Perhaps when it is warmer and I dont want to automatically jump into the heated blanket as soon as I get home!

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Honestly the only video games I play now are Pokemon. Though I usually don't play much other games, but I used to be a bit more of a gamer when our PS2 was downstairs instead of upstairs. I sometime play Portal, Mario or Megaman games, but that's not really often. And the only mario games I have are the spinoffs.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
I have tons of time to play but my interest in Pokemon is declining as well. Shooters are taking over me.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
*sees previous posts*

See, this is what I meant about Charizard becoming one of the most underrated Pokemon in the series, because of the sheer hate he's getting from competitive players, as well as any other Pokemon who isn't in OU. It is also the reason why we need more Pokemon in OU, so less Pokemon will be discriminated based on their tier placement.

As for people losing interests in Pokemon in this forum, it gives me another question: Why does Mario and Zelda have for older gamers that Pokemon doesn't that keeps them supporting those series for the past 25+ years?

Sir Codin

Changing your profile picture on Facebook doesn't do a damn thing to change anything.

Arcturus.

Chews nails and spits napalm
Years
Probably has something to do with Pokemon being considered childish and nostalgia, which is a reason why there are still some older people playing Pokemon today.

@CarcharOdin

I'll have to take your word for it, because I don't even use Facebook. ._.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I just play some Pokemon and Fire Emblem right now. Im not sure which one I want to play now, probably Fire Emblem because I havent played that in a while, but Id also like to work on my Pokedex.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
That's a good question Pinkie. I'm guessing it's because Pokemon have that anime and childish look with creatures made for little kids? I don't know really. Because Mario got that kiddie factor also, but somehow it still gets praised by the same people who hates Pokemon.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I dunno.From my take on it,I think Pokemon is a game made to be more accessable for kids. Ive found other games such as Zelda more difficult and requiring more skill than Pokemon, Im not sure if this is true, but it may be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back