• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

AMA Interview a shinx!

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
    Hi all, PC's resident Shinx here! I live in Australia with 2 budgies, a wild dorky rat, 3 guinea pigs and a mini lop rabbit, who is sitting at my keyboard right now. <3 My interests extend beyond popping a shrimp on the barbie (I actually find BBQs gross, GASP), so feel free to ask any and all questions! :)

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Hi Annie :D

Important question, what are each of your pets called?!

Would you ever consider owning any other pets, if so what would they be?

Do you think you would prefer to live in a rural or metropolitan area for the rest of your life?

What is your dream job?

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
    • Age 24
    • she/her
    • Italy
    • Seen yesterday
    So... how much time do you spend on PC / PC Discord on average each day? Are you happy with that or do you wish for more / less time?

And what does "popping a shrimp on the barbie" even mean? :o

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Aww you have so many wonderful animals! I'm a little jealous ngl!

What does a typical day in your life look like?

Hyzenthlay

Years
    Hi Annie :D

Important question, what are each of your pets called?!

Hi again! :D

My budgies are Phoebe and Blue Boy
    Spoiler:

My rat is called Matthias, or Matty for short
    Spoiler:

Our guinea pigs are Pandora, Didymus and Little Blackie, from top to bottom order
    Spoiler:

And my rabbit is Gwendolyn, or Wendy!
    Spoiler:

Would you ever consider owning any other pets, if so what would they be?

I've always loved animals so yes, I will have more pets throughout my life! My go-to answer is a cat (or 3) because I miss them and I'm a crazy cat lady at heart, but for exotic animals I'd consider more birbs, like a quaker parrot! :) Ideally an owl or a tiger or something but that's not gonna happen hahaha

Do you think you would prefer to live in a rural or metropolitan area for the rest of your life?

I've grown up in a rural area and I'm just so close to nature/used to space and privacy that I find it very difficult adapting to cities/towns! Despite the convenience, I don't like feeling closed in or having noise imposed upon me, but that said... when I settle down I'll have to consider my future husband's job, and likely my own, so that might lead me to living in a (hopefully) nice suburb. ^^ I'm going to homeschool my kids though, so ideally I'd have the space for that. :)

What is your dream job?

Something way too ambitious for me to ever achieve! :') My fantasy job? Becoming a botanist and growing plants in space, haha. Otherwise it'd definitely be working with all kinds of animals (think Bindi Irwin), which is achievable, but I have to prioritise having kids, so... right now I'm studying Early Childhood Education, so I can get a job teaching and use that experience for my own kids one day. ^^ Teaching in Japan would be pretty cool!

So... how much time do you spend on PC / PC Discord on average each day? Are you happy with that or do you wish for more / less time?

Uh, not as much as I appear to! I'll usually be refreshing PC now and then and have Discord in the background as I do other things, oops. I'd say PC is typically... 2 active hours a day at this rate, and PC Discord is more like 5? It changes a lot, and I'm not unhappy with it, but I do feel a bit guilty sometimes! ^^;

And what does "popping a shrimp on the barbie" even mean? :o

Essentially, it seems to sum up Aussies to non-Australians - you know, just a joke on stereotypes! "Barbie" is Aussie slang for barbeque, and I guess the image of a typical Aussie day is everyone having a BBQ while the didgeridoo plays and kangaroos are hopping round the back yard, I don't know! 😅 I think the saying came from an 80's commercial of Australia?

Years
    I had 2 rat girls named Moo and Cherry sadly they passed away 4 years ago. RIP my lovely girls~ ❤ They were truly awesome companions and I loved them very much. I plan to get more rats in the future possibly from a breeder and not a pet shop. I don't support pet shops because of what they do to those animals.

----

Do you like doing art and crafts, if so what kinds?

Hyzenthlay

Years
    I had 2 rat girls named Moo and Cherry sadly they passed away 4 years ago. RIP my lovely girls~ ❤ They were truly awesome companions and I loved them very much. I plan to get more rats in the future possibly from a breeder and not a pet shop. I don't support pet shops because of what they do to those animals.

----

Do you like doing art and crafts, if so what kinds?

Rats are wonderful animals and very underappreciated because of their bad reputation! But they can be so cuddly and they're so full of personality. :) I'm sorry to hear about your two girls, I bet they had a lovely life, though! <3 Glad to hear you're getting from a breeder, too. ^^

As for your question... I love arts and crafts! I'm quite a creative person and I really enjoy writing and drawing, as well as things like origami or CSS design, and I eventually want to learn to sew/knit. :)

This is my latest drawing. It's my first time drawing Eevee and Bulbasaur from scratch. :D I'm still learning a lot, mostly shading/colours, which are my weakest points.
    Spoiler:

Aww you have so many wonderful animals! I'm a little jealous ngl!

What does a typical day in your life look like?

Thank youu, love my babies! :catheart:

A typical day would look rather uneventful, but relaxing!

• Usually I wake up, finish my morning prep and tend to all my animals, forget to eat breakfast lol, check all my emails and study when uni's going.
    • Then I go walking, exercise all my pets, do household chores, and if I have spare time, I play video games, bake something special, draw, write, or spend extra time on PC!
    • Then in the evening I finish up what I couldn't do earlier while my family watches murder mysteries... just waiting for Revise to come online so I can talk to him all night, haha!

So yeah, not much, yet I've got to cherish these quiet periods in my life before things get too chaotic. :')

Years
    Rats are wonderful animals and very underappreciated because of their bad reputation! But they can be so cuddly and they're so full of personality. :) I'm sorry to hear about your two girls, I bet they had a lovely life, though! <3 Glad to hear you're getting from a breeder, too. ^^

As for your question... I love arts and crafts! I'm quite a creative person and I really enjoy writing and drawing, as well as things like origami or CSS design, and I eventually want to learn to sew/knit. :)

This is my latest drawing. It's my first time drawing Eevee and Bulbasaur from scratch. :D I'm still learning a lot, mostly shading/colours, which are my weakest points.
    Spoiler:

Yes, I agree there so misunderstood, judged and hated on it's not fair. I ❤ all small animals. Rats are highly intelligent and cool they're really just like cats since they clean themselves a lot like cats do. I taught my rat girls which where Dumbo rats to do tricks when I had them. My mother changed her mind completely about my rat girls when I got them and became their second rat mommy to them and helped take care of them. She misses them a lot still as well and all for me getting more when the time is right.

Wow your art is really good I think you have talent. I plan to post my art on here sometime soon.

I like to do those types of art and crafts too myself. However I don't have a computer anymore it was old and died last year. Plus I can't afford one since there extremely expensive I think know a days and I'm tight on money. I used to do graphic design a lot just GFX stuff mainly also I could still do it however I have to see if I can still share my sister's laptop to do Photoshop on it again and make GFX stuff once more, possibly make money doing it as well who knows since I'm average at it in skill level.

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
    • Age 24
    • she/her
    • Italy
    • Seen yesterday
    So! Why do you type so slow, Annie? I mean it's not even that slow but I'm quite curious... is it the choice of emojis? Is it the device you use? Is it some sort of OCD for typos and caps? 😜

Hyzenthlay

Years
    Yes, I agree there so misunderstood, judged and hated on it's not fair. I ❤ all small animals. Rats are highly intelligent and cool they're really just like cats since they clean themselves a lot like cats do. I taught my rat girls which where Dumbo rats to do tricks when I had them. My mother changed her mind completely about my rat girls when I got them and became their second rat mommy to them and helped take care of them. She misses them a lot still as well and all for me getting more when the time is right.

Wow your art is really good I think you have talent. I plan to post my art on here sometime soon.

I like to do those types of art and crafts too myself. However I don't have a computer anymore it was old and died last year. Plus I can't afford one since there extremely expensive I think know a days and I'm tight on money. I used to do graphic design a lot just GFX stuff mainly also I could still do it however I have to see if I can still share my sister's laptop to do Photoshop on it again and make GFX stuff once more, possibly make money doing it as well who knows since I'm average at it in skill level.

Thank you! I'll have to keep an eye on the Art Studio for your artwork, then! :) I know what you mean, I had to share an old laptop with my sister for years and years. It'd be awesome making money from your graphic design work! I'd like to do the same thing eventually, only with illustrating children's books instead. ^ ^ Is graphic design something you'd like to do for a living?

What do you think of Woolly Mammoths?

I've always felt that elephants are some of the most beautiful and majestic creatures on Earth, and mammoths have always fascinated me in the same way! Imagine how cute a living mammoth calf would look. :') I also grew up watching Ice Age - that actually helped kick off an interest in palaeontology, together with Jurassic Park, haha. ^ ^ I haven't had the time to read about it as much as I'd like, but it's incredibly interesting!

So! Why do you type so slow, Annie? I mean it's not even that slow but I'm quite curious... is it the choice of emojis? Is it the device you use? Is it some sort of OCD for typos and caps? 😜

You'd type slowly too if you had clumsy Shinx paws like me!

Interview a shinx!
    Interview a shinx!

Years
    Thank you! I'll have to keep an eye on the Art Studio for your artwork, then! :) I know what you mean, I had to share an old laptop with my sister for years and years. It'd be awesome making money from your graphic design work! I'd like to do the same thing eventually, only with illustrating children's books instead. ^ ^ Is graphic design something you'd like to do for a living?

You're most welcome Hyzenthlay (*´꒳`*) and for my art it will be up soon, I'll probably post my GIF animation shorts, digital artwork and a few pixel artwork on here in my own gallery section. For graphic design I did wanted to do it as a career though more animation like help making video games or movies. Sadly my high school I attended where I reside was the type if you aren't rich, popular, or do sports your nothing there. No teaches fought for me in trying to help me during my senior year to apply to a university. My teachers said I had talent and skills for animation or graphic design as well, though in the end they gave thier information help about universities or help getting a scholarship to other students in my class. Favoritism was HUGE in my high school.

As for graphic design or animation I do now it's for fun and my passionate hobby. Money and fame weren't ever things I wanted growing up and still the same today. I rather bring joy, happiness and smiles to people today if I sold my art or crafts to others is more worth it to me.

Hyzenthlay

Years
    My question was a serious one...
    🥺
    And don't worry, I also type slowly / mess up things, maybe even more than you do ;-;

Hehe, okay, serious answer? I have the habit of typing without actually saying anything, so I'll keep tapping a key as I read messages and lose track of my thought processes! It's like a nervous fidget I guess... A bit underwhelming but now you know! :eehide:

Back