• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~Invincible and Legendary~ *Dragon-Type Pokemon Fan Club*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
But are they going to introduce more mega evolutions for the Dragons.
You know dragon pokemon are a little bit very strong..
what's the harm in wanting more mega dragons?
I would love see more mega dragons.

welcome to the club, Slaying Moon! :)

Tek

Years
It's the balance of power or whatever... There isn't supposed to be a 'best' type. They're all balanced, with strengths and weaknesses relative to each other.

Sometimes people overrate Dragon types because of how popular they've become, and how it is too mainstream to ask for more Dragons (which they did in the recent Gens, everything is a dragon) but almost all the time they make good Dragon pokemon.

Yes, they've done well with dragons. The *only one* that I'm not crazy about is Garchomp.

I havent't played X/Y, and I would be very disappointed if there weren't new dragons to play with. :]

Last edited:

Dragon_Trainer_

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
Username: Slaying Moon
Do you want a nickname? If yes then your chosen nickname: No nickname.
Favorite Dragon type/Dragon Pokemon: Latias
Reason for joining club: I love Dragon Pokemon
Answer to any one of the current topics: My favorite Dragon type move is Dragon Rush.
Hello new member! I like Latias too! Especially the shiny one. Welcome and keep active :)

And it's ability becomes tough claws, making contact moves like dragon claw and fire fang mega-strong when you combine it with STAB, its "Super Effective".

Are you using Mimic? Its not very nice.
STAB? As in Same type attack bonuses? I don't understand how they work to be honest........
Sorry for the mimic part.........

An Altaria mega-evolution would be pretty sweet. It looks pretty cute, so I'd imagine its mega form to look even cuter. :] Stats-wise, I personally would like it to have defensive boosts. That way, we'd be having an easier time to use it as a wall.
I think it already has great attack and speed stats......... A Defense improvement would actually help............

It's not that I don't want to see it but if we get more mega dragons then the contrast with all types will vanish bit by bit.. And I don't want that to happen
I think you mean to say that because Dragon type Pokes are already invincible to most conventional types, getting Mega will drastically enhance their capacities and hence disturb the so called balance of power..........

lucariokul

Illusions surround me. Help...
Years
STAB? As in Same type attack bonuses? I don't understand how they work to be honest........
Sorry for the mimic part.........
Ill explain it. You should've known it since Diamond, Pearl and Platinum.
When a pokemon uses a move with a type the same as one of the user's types, the move's power is boosted to 150% of its normal power. it's like having a choice item held, and it's very subtle, but useful. You could also compare it to the Adaptability ability, which I have since I m a Mega-Lucario; it basically doubles the STAB boost of moves.

I think you mean to say that because Dragon type Pokes are already invincible to most conventional types, getting Mega will drastically enhance their capacities and hence disturb the so called balance of power..........
Shedinja already did that with it's ability and dex entries. Really, Nintendo? A pokemon who steals souls when you use it in battle? How nice. (Vomits)

Last edited:

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
Balance of power? True, but dragons are cool so who cares :P

Just kidding, I totally get it. It would make Dragons be all people would use which destroys the diversity of the game.

Dragon_Trainer_

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
Ill explain it. You should've known it since Diamond, Pearl and Platinum.
When a pokemon uses a move with a type the same as one of the user's types, the move's power is boosted to 150% of its normal power. it's like having a choice item held, and it's very subtle, but useful. You could also compare it to the Adaptability ability, which I have since I m a Mega-Lucario; it basically doubles the STAB boost of moves.

Shedinja already did that with it's ability and dex entries. Really, Nintendo? A pokemon who steals souls when you use it in battle? How nice. (Vomits)
So that's how it is....... I read up on Bulbapedia about it. Seems pretty sweet to me. You're a Mega Lucario? No kidding? Will you travel with me on my journey across the human world to eliminate evil stuff?

*wipes lucario's face* Don't vomit here! I'm trying to keep this place clean! Shedinja never did anything battle worthy if you ask me.......... I meant that Dragon+Fire= Many types dead with only one or two weaknesses but only Fire= two or three types dead with multiple weaknesses........... Catch my drift?

Yes that is exactly what I meant. But you put it better under words thanks :D
Don't mention it. I'm here to help all my members after all.

Balance of power? True, but dragons are cool so who cares :P

Just kidding, I totally get it. It would make Dragons be all people would use which destroys the diversity of the game.
Good interpretation! It's exactly what I meant! Nice brain there handsome! You can speak my lingo xD

Hatsune Mika

FireRed Nuzlocke
Years
Username: ArceusIsPower
Do you want a nickname? If yes then your chosen nickname: Miku/Starla/Chansey
Favorite Dragon type/Dragon pokemon: its a tie between Rayquaza and Reshiram
Reason for joining club: With minimal weaknesses and if faced upon destroy before taken
Answer to any one of the current topics: Yes there should be dragon starters I would like to start with a Gible.

And adding something I like. If the Riolu and Lucario line became dragon or had a final evolution as a Dragon/Steel or Dragon/Fighting.

lucariokul

Years
So that's how it is....... I read up on Bulbapedia about it. Seems pretty sweet to me. You're a Mega Lucario? No kidding? Will you travel with me on my journey across the human world to eliminate evil stuff?

*wipes lucario's face* Don't vomit here! I'm trying to keep this place clean! Shedinja never did anything battle worthy if you ask me.......... I meant that Dragon+Fire= Many types dead with only one or two weaknesses but only Fire= two or three types dead with multiple weaknesses........... Catch my drift?
Perhaps. I am a retired wayfarer, I had enough after Darkrai made that false prophecy about my kin. I got revenge though. I actually have the ability to transmute myself into any form I desire, but it takes up so much energy, I can barely use it, but I usually take a human's form, it makes typing much easier. and I didn't vomit. I was pulling your tail. What I meant.. well this is a dex entry for Shedinja in ruby version: Shedinja's hard body doesn't move - not even a twitch. In fact, its body appears to be merely a hollow shell. It is believed that this Pokémon will steal the spirit of anyone peering into its hollow body from its back. HOW NICE SEEING WHEN YOU USE IT IN BATTLE, you see it's back. (sighs, eats homemade Pumpkin Pasty from Harry Potter)

Tek

Years
The Shedinja thing is just a myth. I once stuck my face in a Shedinja's back and I've still got my soul... I think.

But on a club-related topic, do we need to do anything to prepare for the battle game? I went to the site or whatever and messed around a bit.

Also when does it begin? I need to know so I can prepare sacrifices to Ares and whatnot. Y'know, the usual stuff.

Dragon_Trainer_

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
Username: ArceusIsPower
Do you want a nickname? If yes then your chosen nickname: Miku/Starla/Chansey
Favorite Dragon type/Dragon pokemon: its a tie between Rayquaza and Reshiram
Reason for joining club: With minimal weaknesses and if faced upon destroy before taken
Answer to any one of the current topics: Yes there should be dragon starters I would like to start with a Gible.

And adding something I like. If the Riolu and Lucario line became dragon or had a final evolution as a Dragon/Steel or Dragon/Fighting.
Welcome there Miku! Rayquaza and Reshiram are both awesome imo......... Gible is a fine choice but it takes too much patience to raise Dragons....... They don't evolve into their final forms under Lv50 usually.................

Perhaps. I am a retired wayfarer, I had enough after Darkrai made that false prophecy about my kin. I got revenge though. I actually have the ability to transmute myself into any form I desire, but it takes up so much energy, I can barely use it, but I usually take a human's form, it makes typing much easier. and I didn't vomit. I was pulling your tail. What I meant.. well this is a dex entry for Shedinja in ruby version: Shedinja's hard body doesn't move - not even a twitch. In fact, its body appears to be merely a hollow shell. It is believed that this Pokémon will steal the spirit of anyone peering into its hollow body from its back. HOW NICE SEEING WHEN YOU USE IT IN BATTLE, you see it's back. (sighs, eats homemade Pumpkin Pasty from Harry Potter)
That was just.......... I can't say it in words.......... Will a photo do?
Spoiler:

The Shedinja thing is just a myth. I once stuck my face in a Shedinja's back and I've still got my soul... I think.

But on a club-related topic, do we need to do anything to prepare for the battle game? I went to the site or whatever and messed around a bit.

Also when does it begin? I need to know so I can prepare sacrifices to Ares and whatnot. Y'know, the usual stuff.
It will be held in a new way now......... I shall need the names of all those who are taking part in this event. Please comment here that says, "I strive to take the sacred Dragon pledge and will use all my knowledge to battle with these magnificent creatures by my side"That pretty much sums it up. I'm serious about the pledge though! I expect replies in a week.

I shall draw lots and decide who gets to battle who. Both the users shall be informed of this and a last date shall be allotted before which the match has to take place and the replay has to be submitted here(Don't worry I'll give instructions about that :) ) Both the users can decide with each other as to when they want to fight and PM me if there is any problem. Please give me your entries fast!

Hatsune Mika

FireRed Nuzlocke
Years
Thank you for allowing me to join the club.
Is the pledge mandatory for being in the club or for battles? I can't exactlt be there everytime there is a post but I can do my best.

Is the pledge mandatory for being in the club or for battles? I can't exactlt be there everytime there is a post but I can do my best.

Last edited:

Tek

Years
It will be held in a new way now......... I shall need the names of all those who are taking part in this event. Please comment here that says, "I strive to take the sacred Dragon pledge and will use all my knowledge to battle with these magnificent creatures by my side"That pretty much sums it up. I'm serious about the pledge though! I expect replies in a week.

I shall draw lots and decide who gets to battle who. Both the users shall be informed of this and a last date shall be allotted before which the match has to take place and the replay has to be submitted here(Don't worry I'll give instructions about that :) ) Both the users can decide with each other as to when they want to fight and PM me if there is any problem. Please give me your entries fast!

Hey I like this. Very solemn.

I strive to take the sacred Dragon pledge and will use all my knowledge to battle with these magnificent creatures by my side. My partner Royal, the Flygon, has my trust - and I have his.

Do I choose my partner's moveset? Royal is a Flygon that I raised on HG. I spent months raising the parent Trapinch both to Lv 91 so that Royal would be born knowing Fissure, Earth Power, Quick Attack, and Feint. I have since replaced quick attack with Rock Slide.

For my second partner I will choose Kingdra, if that's still an option. He doesn't have a nickname cause I got him in a trade. He knows Ice Beam, Disable, Waterfall, and Draco Meteor.

Last edited:

lucariokul

Years
Why not? It might tke a bit to get in contact with fellow battlers though, my internet is slow.
I strive to take the sacred Dragon pledge and will use all my knowledge to battle with these magnificent creatures by my side.
Ok, Dragonite time.. hehe. .. Hold on.. does our second pokemon have to be dragon as well? I haven't been keeping up with this thread much. Its not problematic if I am confined to dragon types, they are.. how to say.... Glass Cannons?

That was just.......... I can't say it in words.......... Will a photo do?
Spoiler:

yeah, that photo will do.
here, this will cheer you up.
images

Why did the quote thing mess up? Odd.

I wish we were all in the same Timezones, it's so hard bein apart from most other people in the world.

Last edited:

Tek

Years
Ok, Dragonite time.. hehe. .. Hold on.. does our second pokemon have to be dragon as well? I haven't been keeping up with this thread much.

I asked this question also. Dragon_Trainer says that your second partner must be a dragon type as well. This is the fan club o the invincible and legendary dragons after all!

lucariokul

Years
I asked this question also. Dragon_Trainer says that your second partner must be a dragon type as well. This is the fan club o the invincible and legendary dragons after all!
Cool berries. (get it? get it? .. you get it don't you?)

Reactions: Tek

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
well i am not taking part in this competition. Good luck guys. :3
anyway we need a new topic
which starter Pokemon would you give a Dragon typing to?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back