• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

''Is it seriously still loading?''

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    (as a little celebration for breaking the 700-post barrier...)

What are the most irritating load times you've ever seen in a game? Note: They do not have to be the longest, just the most annoying and persistent ones.

For me, it would be Sonic 06. The amount and length of them feel like the game is a utter chore. Super Monkey Ball DX also had this issue, of long and persistent loading screens, but it wasn't as consistent and only appeared in the PS2 version. (Plus DX is a awesome game.)

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • Hm... Most of my games are fast, but recently I downloaded Little Big Planet from my WB Package and oh gosh, it takes too long to load. I did finish it in about a week, but still, I might have gone crazy because of its long load time. (PSP version by the way.)

Unknown#

'Cause why not?
    Years
  • Sonic 06 had horrible load times, but then again that was a horrible game to begin with. Megaman X7 didn't have long load times, but it had lots of them. Sonic Unleashed (360 version) sometimes had long load times, but luckily they weren't too common.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Honestly, probably the Tales games on the PS2. :s Tales of the Abyss has SUCH awful load times before battles, after battles, going into a room, going onto the world map, saving, etc. You get used to it as you play but it's still really annoying. As for Tales of Symphonia on the PS2... uggggh. At least with Abyss you had no other way of playing it but after being used to the near-instant load times on the Gamecube, playing Symphonia PS2 is such a hassle since you have to wait for everything. :'(

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
  • Fable III seems to have a loading screen every 5 seconds. Not particularly long, but seeing the same posters over and over again did bother me a bit.

I agree completely, the least they could have done was design a few more posters so we didn't have to look at the same 20 or so posters all through the game. :\

Tyranee

Can't read my Poke'-face!
    Years
  • For recent games, WWE All Stars and The Witcher 2. All Stars loading screens are HORRIBLY long and almost kill my want to play the game. Witcher 2 just came out but the one loading screen it does have every once in a while takes forever.

Fable III is a runner up but that didn't completely kill the gameplay for me.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Any Monster Hunter game without install data, and Total War games when it comes to siege battles.

On a contrary note, Halo CE's (PC version at least) load times remain the most impressive I've seen.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Europa Universalis 3 tends to take an estimated 3-5 minutes to load up, which I find atrocious. Once that's finished, it runs smoothly though.
    Spyro IV was (I'm using the past because I haven't played it for an eternity) a pretty bad offender too, if I remember correctly. Far worse, actually.

Years
  • Red Dead Redemption has no loading times, only once at the beginning when you load your game (mp/sp). They are at least 2 minutes long, ugh.

Years
  • I tend not to notice load times very much. Most PS2 games I have take a bit to load at points (I'd say Persona 4, Tales of the Abyss, and Okami are probably the worst offenders) but it doesn't bother me.

The only real noticeable one for me was the Chrono Trigger port for the Playstation. On the SNES, it had like no load time at all, but on the PS it took forever to open the menu and it had to load the battles. It probably wouldn't have bothered me if I hadn't played the SNES version before. :/

And I guess Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep's menu takes a few seconds to load. It's not very long but considering menus on every other game I've ever played don't take that long, it's easier to notice.

Drekin

We all live in a...
    Years
  • Just about when I stopped playing my PS2 it had trouble detecting CDs and when it did it was always really slow loading and also choppy while playing. The game that did it the most was Champions: Return to Arms.

Someone mentioned Dragon Age in their post and it reminded me of the incredibly long load times. I remember the dwarven city (can't remember the city) took about 15min to load any of the areas. I put up with it for a few days before I finally tried to fix the hardware issues.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Honestly, probably the Tales games on the PS2. :s Tales of the Abyss has SUCH awful load times before battles, after battles, going into a room, going onto the world map, saving, etc. You get used to it as you play but it's still really annoying. As for Tales of Symphonia on the PS2... uggggh. At least with Abyss you had no other way of playing it but after being used to the near-instant load times on the Gamecube, playing Symphonia PS2 is such a hassle since you have to wait for everything. :'(
    Can't say anything for the Symphonia PS2 because I never played it, but I absolutely agree with Abyss. D; My sister and I would also joke and laugh about the 'epic saving tiems' and that we could go and get something to eat and it'll still be saving. In reality though we both get pretty annoyed by it, especially if we didn't save not too long before the next time we save.

There's probably a few other games in which I've gotten irritated by the loading times, but Abyss was definitely the first one that I thought of when seeing the title.

Back