• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is the first game you played also your favorite?

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    The first game I played was Red, but there is something about Silver that has a special place in my heart. I thoroughly enjoyed Red so much because it brings you so many memories powering up that Game Boy past your bedtime while playing with your flashlight under your blankets on a school night. Those were the days. xD

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    I stared with Pokemon Blue, but it would not ever break my top three. I love Crystal, Black/White, DPPt, X/Y, HGSS, and Emerald far more than RBY. As for spinoffs, I love XD Gale of Darkness more than the first generation. Crystal is one of my favorites because of playing as a female for the first time and having the animated sprites for the first time too.

RBY was the gateway, but the sequels expanded upon everything each in their own way. Now, if only Gamefreak stopped removing features like Contests, Pokegear, Dream World, Battle Frontier, etc.

Years
    started with crystal, favourite game ever is pokemon mystery dungeon: explorers of sky, with pokemon colosseum coming at a very close second.

crystal is ok to me now, and i get nostalgic for it on occasion, but nah, it's not my favourite.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2021
    I started with Yellow, but my nostalgia is more concentrated in Gold. My current favourite is probably Moon.

Years
    100% yes. i've already said it a bunch of times throughout my tenure here on the forums, but nostalgia bias gets me pretty hard with Gen 4 lol. although specifically Diamond was my first game, Platinum is the one i like to replay every now and then thanks to the slightly faster engine & the addition of extra Fire types to choose from.

Years
    • Seen today
    I first played the kanto remakes (leafgreen/firered).

Honestly not my favorites. I can do without kanto

Back