• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is this forum slow for anyone else?

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2013
    It seems like this forum is really laggy for me, it takes around 5-seconds to load every page. Not having this issue anywhere else. Anyone else having the same problem?

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    It's not just you - it's an issue with the load on the server due to how big PC is. It's been a problem here for a long time now but it's being looked into and should hopefully be reduced in the future, if all goes to plan. :)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    PC teaches patience to its members. Nifty skill in everyday life.

At least that's how you can think to try and make it more bearable. It's a fact, like Ozzy says, that PC can be a bit slow due to its size vs its server's capabilities. We're just that big and great. Want to help? Donate! ;]

Last edited:

tnfsf11

& no I'm having the same prob too.

Years
  • Donating money not only can help PPN with the costs of keeping the forum up, you also get some really fun benefits added to your account if you donate money and obtain "Supporter" status a.k.a. those members with the green usernames.

There are 5 basic Supporter tiers and one hidden tier (which needs around $100 to get to) and the amount you donate determines which tier you get assigned to, and you can even donate more if you plan on upgrading your tier. There's a thread on donations where you can learn more about donation to PC and the Supporters.

PC is a bit laggy here and there, but that's just the server that's all. If PC's being too slow to load, I just do something else like go on Tumblr or even the Showdown server. Distraction is a good way to get around it, you never know when PC will start running smoothly again!

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
  • Donating money not only can help PPN with the costs of keeping the forum up, you also get some really fun benefits added to your account if you donate money and obtain "Supporter" status a.k.a. those members with the green usernames.

There are 5 basic Supporter tiers and one hidden tier (which needs around $100 to get to) and the amount you donate determines which tier you get assigned to, and you can even donate more if you plan on upgrading your tier. There's a thread on donations where you can learn more about donation to PC and the Supporters.

PC is a bit laggy here and there, but that's just the server that's all. If PC's being too slow to load, I just do something else like go on Tumblr or even the Showdown server. Distraction is a good way to get around it, you never know when PC will start running smoothly again!

Exactly what above post said. I donated 100 dollars today and got tier 6. I plan on donating a couple hundred more dollars this month.

PC has been slow like this for as long as I can remember. If you wish to make it faster then help PC and donate.

Callīope1

█ uranianUmbra
    Years
  • Yeeeahhh, it's always been slow.

Though, to be fair, it's been waaaay slower within the last few months? Maybe that's just on my end, but that's part of the reason why I don't visit as often. ><;

Back