• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Island Challenge!

Years
  • Team Requirements:
    1) Water type
    - Totodile
    2) Poni Island
    -
    -
    3) Water that doesn't look like a fish
    -
    4) Kahuna type (Ground)
    - Geodude (?)
    5) Z crystal Type (Fairy or Dragon)
    -

Day #1 (This will be short, had a rough/long work day and thus was unable to do much)

Got my starter, Totodile (for slot #1 or for the Water that Doesn't Look Like a Fish), saw Mr, Pokemon, beat my rival the first time (named him Chedr), also caught a Hoothoot, Rattata (possibly using this for one of the Poni slots), and a Geodude.

Team so far:

Totodile - Level 8
    - Scratch, Leer, Rage

Hoothoot - Level 3

Rattata - Level 3

Geodude - Level 2

Working on which Pokemon to choose and getting to Violet City.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Island Challenge in Pok?mon Ultra Moon

tapufini.gif

PART 2

I had finally some time to play so here's update from next 3 hours of gameplay. I got through rest of the Melemele pretty fast and prepared to face Hala. It was pretty straightforward fight. Hala didn't even had time to use his Z-Move. And with that, 1st island cleared.
    Now I was finally able to get Rockruff - Carly. Shame that Midnight Lycanroc can't learn Accelerock. But I wanted to use one for a long time so I hope she'll do well on the team.
    And another "for the 1st time" is here. Mantine Surf. Got about 10 000 points on the 1st try and I enjoyed it more that I expected. I think I'll be doing that a lot.
    New island, new Pok?mon... But I can't get any right now. And I found out that Golett is Ultra Sun exclusive... Great... After checking another Ground-Types, I found out that I've used Dugtrio, Whiscash, Mudsdale, Marowak, Palossand and Flygon in some of my latest playthroughs, which leaves me only with Garchomp, Claydol or Gastrodon. I remember using Garchomp in few runs and Gastrodon was one of my staple Pok?mon in Alpha Sapphire's Battle Chateau. So Ultra Sun's exclusive will be swapped with Ultra Moon's exclusive.
    But back to the log! At this point I'm at Brooklet Hill. After almost losing to one of the first Dewpiders, I decided to leave the Trial and train. Lana told me that I would have to start the Trial all over when I returned, but it didn't happened... Wow... Such lies!
    So after almost losing to that Dewpider I had to make new plan. Yugi and Carly are weak to the Totem Araquanid - which means my only choice is Aki. I trained her up to level 23 and then grinded Mantine Surf - in which I got better and better, getting 10 BP per ride and bought 2 Rare Candies. Aki evolved and that's where I saved.

Team

zorua.gif

Yugi, Lax Male Zorua
    lvl 24, Illusion
    - Feint Attack
    - Fury Swipes
    - Scary Face
    - Fake Tears

ribombee.gif

Aki, Modest Female Ribombee
    lvl 25, Honey Gather
    - Draining Kiss
    - Absorb
    - Stun Spore
    - Pollen Puff

rockruff.gif

Carly, Serious Female Rockruff @Quick Claw
    lvl 22, Keen Eye
    - Rock Throw
    - Sand Attack
    - Bite
    - Howl​

Last edited:
    Years
  • Aside from a lengthy training session and a certain Pokemon being very difficult to find, today's chapter mainly was going through the story quickly, as well as battling the second set of Gym Leaders. I still have some story to do before the third Gym, but I also have a lot of training to do, so I'll post this entry and resume training.

Chapter 3: Snake's Venom and Plasma's Return

Rather uninteresting battles occupy most of this part of the journey as I reach Virbank City and meet the Gym Leader, Moxie, being rather furious with her father wanting to be both a captain of a ship and a movie star. Moxie heads to her gym while I moved south to the Virbank Complex. Among battling other trainers, I did most of my training in this area while searching for the fifth member of my team. It took so long that I almost decided on getting a different member instead for my team, but a few battles later I finally came across my fifth member, a Wooper. The training continued until most of my team was able to evolve (Lucario was the only exception as he is already fully evolved). I also took care of Moxie's Gym Trainers somewhat quickly to speed up evolving Wooper to Quagsire. All that remained now was Moxie and the Hoenn Gym Leader hanging out by the docks, Brawly. I decided to step onto the stage and challenge Moxie first.

The first move Moxie loves to perform is to have her Trubbish spread Toxic Spikes all over her opponent's side of the arena so that any Pokemon switched in will be poisoned. This is very difficult to prevent due to Trubbish having a Focus Band equipped. After a few Psybeams, Kirlia finished off the Trubbish, and I then learned Moxie was sending in Seviper next, which is a Dark type. Kirlia would fall quickly to it, so I sent in the only Pokemon that Poison moves have no effect on, Lucario. As such, Lucario is the only Pokemon in my party that will not get poisoned by the spikes. Lucario quickly took out Seviper, and defeated Flamethrower-using Koffing with 1 HP left. Alas, Croagunk moved first before Lucario and took Lucario down. I decided to bring Kirlia back out, but now any Pokemon I send out will get poisoned due to the spikes. Despite that, Kirlia made quick work of Croagunk. Moxie decided to send out her most prized Pokemon, Whirlipede. Whirlipede got its health knocked down by half, but quickly fell Kirlia using Steamroller. At this point, it was time for the new party member to shine, so I sent out Quagsire next. Quagsire also fell to Steamroller and the poisoning, but not before putting Whirlipede's health at critical. I sent out Pignite and finished off Whirlipede with Flame Charge. At this point, the remaining Pokemon ratio is 2 to 1, with Azumarill as a backup if Pignite should fall. Moxie sends out Golbat, and I knew Pignite would be in trouble if Golbat used a Flying attack. Pignite scored a critical hit with Flame Charge while Golbat used Nasty Plot (Golbat was setting up for a Round 2 kill with Aerial Ace). Since the critical was scored, Pignite easily finished off Golbat and completed the battle. Moxie presented me with the Toxic Badge as the prize for winning. Thrilled with a huge win, I healed my Pokemon up, because there was still one more major battler I needed to face: Brawly.

Since Brawly is a Fighting-type user, it was logical that Kirlia would be the Pokemon of choice (again), and it easily took out Brawly's Machop. When Scraggy was about to pop up, though, I again had the situation of a Dark-type quickly turning the table against Kirlia, so I switched Kirlia out. Now, probably the most logical choice here would have been Lucario, but in my mind, there was a Pokemon this chapter that did not see much action, and I went with that Pokemon instead. Scraggy faced Azumarill, and the fight was fierce, with both Intimidate and Bulk Up making Azumarill's physical attacks do less damage than before, and Scraggy used Revenge and Sucker Punch to bring Azumarill to critical health, while Scraggy was not quite at critical health. Knowing that I still had plenty of backup in case Azumarill fell, I let Azumarill attack once more, but using Aqua Jet to make sure Azumarill attacked first on the last round. My faith in Azumarill was rewarded, though, and Scraggy was hit with a critical from the attack and was defeated. At this point, I was unsure who to send against Meditite, and eventually decided to go back to Kirlia. Kirlia defeated Meditite, but not before being sent to critical health by a Thunderpunch. Brawly had just his prized Pokemon left, Makuhita, and sent it out while I kept Kirlia in (I had plenty of backup still in case Kirlia doesn't make it). Makuhita proceeded to be one shot by Psybeam and the battle was over. Virbank's tough trainers have been defeated.

What remained of the battles to happen this chapter are nothing worth noting about...something about Team Plasma returning and a bit of a wild goose chase to happen since a few grunts ran away. One of the grunts in particular had no answer for my Azumarill, and the other was defeated fairly quickly by my Quagsire. Oh, there was a movie that I starred in, too, but who really watches those (although Riolu got to make another appearance)? After setting sail for Castelia City, I proceeded to Route 4 after a little running around in Castelia to head out to the nearby desert and obtain my final Pokemon, Trapinch. Now the time has come to do some heavy training, especially knowing there are still two Gyms left, and in this challenge, I am still not done with Team Plasma. It feels like I'm halfway done, but there are still some tough battles ahead, including an encounter with small creatures that pack a bite bigger than what their size would usually indicate...

(Ironically, my hardest battles were with wild Pokemon this time around, though Moxie put up the hardest battle that I won without retrying)

Fini Island Challenge Team Members (at the time of this post)
    pignite.png

Pignite Lv. 21 w/ Nothing (Hardy, Thick Fat)
    Moves: Ember, Return, Flame Charge, Arm Thrust

azumarill.png

Azumarill Lv. 21 w/ Nothing (Hardy, Huge Power)
    Moves: Aqua Jet, Rollout, Return, Aqua Tail

lucario.png

Lucario Lv. 22 w/ Nothing (Lonely, Steadfast)
    Moves: Return, Force Palm, Blaze Kick, Low Sweep

kirlia.png

Kirlia Lv. 21 w/ Nothing (Naughty, Synchronize)
    Moves: Psybeam, Shock Wave, Double Team, Growl

quagsire.png

Quagsire Lv. 21 w/ Quick Claw (Rash, Unaware)
    Moves: Mud Bomb, Slam, Mud Shot, Acid Spray

trapinch.png

Trapinch Lv. 17 w/ Nothing (Adamant, Sheer Force)
    Moves: Faint Attack, Sand Attack, Mud-Slap, Bide

Last edited:

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024

Chapter 1

I decided to playthrough a ROM Hack, Blaze Black 2 to exact. Decided to make it a bit more challenging by playing on Challenge Mode. Started off in Aspertia City. Found Bianca and went on and got my starter Snivy. Battled Hugh, and won! Traveled to Floccesy and met Alder. Continued on through to Floccesy Ranch where I rescued the Herdier. Went back to Floccesy Town and went through Alder's challenge. Decided to call it a day here.

495.png

Kusa Lv. 14 @ Nothing (Modest, Overgrow)
    Moves: Tackle, Leer, Vine Whip, Growth​

Last edited:

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
  • Update 2 - Umi's Island Challenge - Pok?mon Platinum
    4 badges acquired!
    Second entry, in which I have already four badges! I'm kind of rushing through this part of the game.
    But, really, why plan out battle strategies when you can solo these Gym Leaders with one Pok?mon? It could be because I'm not really training up everyone and, therefore, my better Pok?mons are slightly overleveled, though.

Anyways, I defeated the Second Gym with just Zubat, now evolved into Golbat. After that, I had to fight Jupiter, and even she eventually went down. Fantina was easily dealt with by my now evolved Floatzel spamming Crunch, and Maylene was swept by my newly obtained Gardevoir.

Now, until about Solaceon Town, my team was made up by:
    Prinplup as #3
    Floatzel as #1
    Golbat as the first #2
    Gligar, caught in Route 207, as #4
    Togepi, hatched from Cynthia's egg, as #5
    Meditite, caught on Route 206, as #6 (in place of the second #2, who would have been Machop).

Now, right after beating Maylene, the team has been slightly changed. In fact, I was able to find a Ralts almost immediately in Route 209 - and a male one at that, when Gallade cannot be used in this themed run! I was keeping Togepi in the team, hoping that he would evolve (he's now at level 25), but I needed a better Pok?mon that wasn't weak to Electric, so I swapped him out (sorry Togepi!).

Now, I could get some new Pok?mon after this - for example, Gastrodon, which can fill all slots but #5, or Yanmega (for spot #6).

The team, as things stand right now, is:
    ? Prinplup, lv. 29 - 1, #3
    ? Floatzel, lv. 30 - #1, 3, 6
    ? Gligar, lv. 21 - #4
    ? Crobat, lv. 29 - #2
    ? Meditite, lv. 23 - #6
    ? Gardevoir, lv. 31 - #5

Last edited:
    Years

• latest

SUON'S ISLAND CHALLENGE
    on Pok?mon Black

GYM #3
    Spoiler:

GYM #4
    Spoiler:

CURRENT TEAM:

pignite.gif

Pua'a
    Level 28 | ? | Hasty | Blaze | Charcoal
    Attacks: Rollout, Work Up, Arm Thrust, Flame Charge

herdier.gif

Ilio
    Level 29 | ? | Impish | Sand Rush | Scope Lens
    Attacks: Tackle, Work Up, Crunch, Rock Smash

munna.gif

Hiamoe
    Level 28 | ? | Jolly | Forewarn | Quick Claw
    Attacks: Psybeam, Defense Curl, Moonlight, Yawn

leavanny.gif

Kiele
    Level 28 | ? | Lax | Swarm | Miracle Seed
    Attacks: Tackle, Protect, Bug Bite, Razor Leaf

archen.gif

Palila
    Level 28 | ? | Lonely | Defeatist | no item
    Attacks: Pluck, Ancient Power, Agility, Acrobatics

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
    Years
  • Skystrike's Island Challenge

Session I
    Littleroot Town - Dewford Town​

The challenge begins with me picking Mudkip as my starter. I only plan to use it until I get my first two team members, though. (Later, I realize I could've used it, but oh well.) I beat Brendan, get my Pok?dex and Pok? Balls, and set off on my island challenge. Luckily for us, on Route 102, my first Pok?mon can be found: Mina the female Ralts, named after the Fairy-type Trial Captain from Alola. I still have to use Mudkip until she learns Confusion, so until then I just switch between Mina and Mudkip until Mina learns Confusion at level 6.

After watching the redundant capture tutorial, we move on to Petalburg Forest. By this time, Mina is able to take on anything that isn't a dark-type with a P in the beginning of its name. That's where my next team member, Cilan the male Shroomish, comes in. I take the time to train him a little bit in the wild grass before continuing on and fighting a Team Aqua grunt.

With that out of the way, we make it to the other half of Route 104, where I get the Bullet Seed TM and immediately staple it to Cilan. At about this time, Mina and Cilan can carry themselves, but I'm not so sure they can take on Roxanne by themselves, so I train for a little while on Route 116. Then, it's time to fight Roxanne.

Roxanne wasn't that hard, I managed to get away with having Mina use Double Team twice to take advantage of Rock Throw and Rock Tomb's lower accuracy, and then using Confusion until Roxanne's first Geodude fainted. Mina didn't get so lucky with the second one, though, so Cilan comes in to defeat the second Geodude and Roxanne's ace, the sturdy Nosepass. This nets us the Stone Badge.

After recovering the Devon Part and Peeko from another Team Aqua grunt, and fighting Brendan, who wasn't much of a challenge, Mr. Briney ferries us to Dewford, where our next two team members are located in Granite Cave: Koga the Zubat, and Roark the Geodude. (Noticing a theme?) After a lot of grinding (grinding with Zubat is not a fun time) we're ready to take on the second gym leader, Brawly.

Machop goes down rather easily to Mina's Confusions. Meditite, however, did not want to succumb, putting up Light Screen and only taking normal damage to Psychic-type moves to boot. After a lot of fighting, though, it finally faints. All that's left is Brawly's bulky Makuhita, which somehow manages to hit Mina with two Vital Throws in a row and take her down to 1 HP. Luckily Mina is faster and knocks it out on the next turn, which means...

MSwShJB.png

Team

Spr_4p_280.png

Mina the female Ralts
    Level 19 | Bold | Trace
    Confusion | Teleport | Growl | Double Team

Spr_4d_285.png

Cilan the male Shroomish
    Level 18 | Gentle | Effect Spore
    Bullet Seed | Leech Seed | Tackle | Stun Spore

Spr_4h_041_m.png

Koga the male Zubat
    Level 18 | Rash | Inner Focus
    Astonish | Supersonic | Leech Life | Bite

Spr_4h_074.png

Roark the male Geodude
    Level 18 | Docile | Rock Head
    Tackle | Defense Curl | Rock Throw | Magnitude

Years

tapufini.gif

PART 3

It's time for 2nd Trial! I went with newly evolved Aki and hardly beat Araquanid. Draning Kiss' healing effect really came in handy. But after many turns, it was finally over.
    I got Lapras Ride and access to Route 7, which means only one thing. New team member! Pyukumuku! What a cute blob. I named him Sho, because while he is cute and nice, it's also strong. I wanted to test it and oh god... I'm so unlucky... Counter do about 10 damage when it lands and It always faints with no more that 5 HP left, so it's ability isn't really working too. Oh and Carly finally evolved. Which is miracle, given that I play mostly in the night -> it's day in the game.
    Well, I even with these limitations, I decided to lead with it in next Trial... And you probably know why it was bad idea... Totem Pok?mon is Alolan Marowak, Pok?mon immune to Counter. It's able to get Sho from full HP to 3 HP with a crit and then finish it off, which means Sho only dealt like 1 damage. So I switched to Carly and quickly cleared the Trial, even after Salazzle's Torment.
    After that, I got to Route 8 and after annoying and unnecessary tutorial for Festival Plaza I seved the game.

Team

zorua.gif

Yugi, Lax Male Zorua
    lvl 27, Illusion
    - Feint Attack
    - Fury Swipes
    - Taunt
    - Fake Tears

ribombee.gif

Aki, Modest Female Ribombee
    lvl 27, Honey Gather
    - Draining Kiss
    - Absorb
    - Stun Spore
    - Pollen Puff

lycanroc-midnight.gif

Carly, Serious Female Lycanroc @Quick Claw
    lvl 26, Keen Eye
    - Rock Tomb
    - Counter
    - Bite
    - Howl

pyukumuku.gif

Sho, Lax Male Pyukumuku
    lvl 21, Innards Out
    - Taunt
    - Counter
    - Safeguard
    - Purify​

Years
  • Team Requirements:
    1) Water type
    - Totodile
    2) Poni Island
    -
    -
    3) Water that doesn't look like a fish
    - potentially Quagsire
    4) Kahuna type (Ground)
    - Geodude (?)
    5) Z crystal Type (Fairy or Dragon)
    -

Another short update, work has been long and tough.

Caught a few random Pokemon, got to Violet City, beat Falkner, making my way to Union Cave.

Caught a Wooper, which I will plan on evolving to Quagsire and using it to fill one of the team requirements. May use Togepi (from the egg) as the Fair requirement, not sure yet.

5qwerty

[b][font="open sans"]WHOLLY MOLEY[/font][/b]
    Years
    • Seen today
    Name: 5qwerty
    Tribe: Necrozma
    Game: Fire Red

Team:
    1. Psychic Type - Alakazam
    2. Akala Island - Gengar, Tentacruel
    3. SpAtk > 90 - Charizard
    4. Kahuna Pok?mon - Golem (Alolan Golem but this is Fire Red)
    5. Z-Crystal - Fire/Water/Grass - Exeggutor

Update 1:
    Spoiler:

Update 2:
    Spoiler:

Update 3:
    Spoiler:

Update 4:
    Spoiler:

Update 5:
    Spoiler:

Update 6:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years

tapufini.gif

PART 4

It's time for next Trial... And what the hell they did to it? Instead of exploring pretty nice and interesting location, I'm now supposed to walk exactly 5 steps, pick an item and returned to Mallow. And do this 3 times. What were they thinking? That's just wrong. Anyway, Totem Lurantis is all the same. And I already have my ace for this fight - Sho! I lead with him and let Lurantis do her Solar Blade + Power Herb combo, beating Sho with one hit. Innards Out activates and takes away half of Lurantis' HP. That's more that I expected. I sent out Aki and while Lurantis is healing, I take it down in 2 hits with Pollen Puff. Which means I completed last Trial on this island.
    On my way to Olivia, I encountered something much more stronger that Ultra Necrozma... Magby! At this point, they all have only Faint Attack, Smokescreen, Fire Spin and Flame Burst, which makes living hell for Sho. During this time, I realize I should use Z-Crystals and equiped my Pok?mon with them. And then I found out one very interesting thing. Counter becomes All-Out Pummeling with Fightinium Z.
    After many Magbies, I finally got to Olivia. Or Plumenia first. During battle with her, Yugi evolved and finally learn strong Dark-Type attack.
    And finally, Olivia! Sho took care of Anorith with it's Counter, had to retreat for Lileep but returned for her Lycanroc... and with ultimate Z-Move and Counter combination won.
    With that, half of my challenge is over. It took me exactly 10:53 to beat it. I plan on playing more and I hope to finish the game during the GT.

Team

zoroark.gif

Yugi, Lax Male Zoroark
    lvl 30, Illusion
    - Night Slash
    - Fury Swipes
    - Taunt
    - Foul Play

ribombee.gif

Aki, Modest Female Ribombee @Grassium Z
    lvl 30, Honey Gather
    - Draining Kiss
    - Absorb
    - Stun Spore
    - Pollen Puff

lycanroc-midnight.gif

Carly, Serious Female Lycanroc @Fightinium Z
    lvl 30, Keen Eye
    - Rock Tomb
    - Counter
    - Bite
    - Stealth Rock

pyukumuku.gif

Sho, Lax Male Pyukumuku @Fightinium Z
    lvl 28, Innards Out
    - Taunt
    - Counter
    - Curse
    - Purify​

Last edited:

tokyodrift

Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024

Chapter 2:

Did quite a bit in this one... Traveled back to Aspertia City to challenge Cheren. Quite a tough battle, easy sweep for my Snivy though. Growth OP. Anyway, after that made my way to Route 20 fought the trainers there and proceeded to Virbank City. Decided to go grab a Magnemite, it'd be useful for Roxies gym. Did a bit of Audino griding. Fought Roxie, took a few tries and quite a bit of luck as well. Servine and it's Dragon Rage (this is a godsent early game) as well as healing on healing and swapping to Magnemite made it possible. I finally managed to beat her. Did the PokeStar Studio crap. Team Plasma decided to show up. Took them down and headed to Castelia City. Here, I went to the Gym so I had access to the Castelia Sewers, and to find Team Plasma! After I found them, I went to the Relic Passage and got myself a Clefairy. Also went to Castelia Gardens and got myself a Vulpix. Two more additions to my team.

Also decided to change up my final team a bit:
    1. Serperior (Grass type)
    2. Tentacreul (Tentacool is found on Ula'ula Island)
    3. Ninetales (Alolan Vulpix is found on Ula'Ula Island)
    4. Clefable (Like Bulu, she thicc)
    5. Honchkrow (Nanu has one)
    6. Magnezone (Electric-type Trial on Ula'ula Island)

Current Team

496.png

Kusa ? Lv. 23 @ Miracle Seed (Modest, Overgrow)
    Moves: Leaf Tornado, Dragon Rage, Leech Seed, Growth

081.png

Denki Lv. 24 @ Nothing (Naive, Analytic)
    Moves: Sonic Boom, Super Sonic, Thunder Shock, Thunder Wave

035.png

Luna ? Lv. 20 @ Nothing (Quiet, Magic Guard)
    Moves: Double Slap, Defense Curl, Follow Me, Bestow

037.png

Mozilla ? Lv. 21 @ Rawst Berry (Timid, Flash Fire)
    Moves: Flame Burst, Confuse Ray, Imprison, Feint Attack​

Last edited:
    Years

• latest

SUON'S ISLAND CHALLENGE
    on Pok?mon Black

GYM #5
    Spoiler:

GYM #6
    Spoiler:

GYM #7
    Spoiler:

CURRENT TEAM:

emboar.gif

Pua'a
    Level 42 | ? | Hasty | Blaze | Charcoal
    Attacks: Rollout, Work Up, Arm Thrust, Flame Charge

stoutland.gif

Ilio
    Level 40 | ? | Impish | Sand Rush | Rocky Helmet
    Attacks: Strength, Work Up, Crunch, Ice Fang

musharna.gif

Hiamoe
    Level 40 | ? | Jolly | Forewarn | Quick Claw
    Attacks: Psychic, Calm Mind, Nightmare, Yawn

leavanny.gif

Kiele
    Level 38 | ? | Lax | Swarm | Miracle Seed
    Attacks: Slash, Poison Jab, X-Scissor, Leaf Blade

archeops.gif

Palila
    Level 39 | ? | Lonely | Defeatist | no item
    Attacks: Bulldoze, Ancient Power, Crunch, Acrobatics

basculin-red-striped.gif

Kapena
    Level 35 | ? | Quirky | Adaptability | Lucky Egg
    Attacks: Aqua Jet, Aqua Tail, Chip Away, Crunch

Years

• latest

SUON'S ISLAND CHALLENGE
    on Pok?mon Black

GYM #8
    Spoiler:

ELITE 4
    Spoiler:

TEAM PLASMA
    Spoiler:

I guess now I have to go on a crazy grinding spree to rebattle the E4 and challenge Alder?

CURRENT TEAM:

emboar.gif

Pua'a
    Level 52 | ? | Hasty | Blaze | Charcoal
    Attacks: Head Smash, Work Up, Brick Break, Flamethrower

stoutland.gif

Ilio
    Level 52 | ? | Impish | Sand Rush | Rocky Helmet
    Attacks: Return, Thunder Fang, Crunch, Ice Fang

musharna.gif

Hiamoe
    Level 55 | ? | Jolly | Forewarn | Quick Claw
    Attacks: Psychic, Calm Mind, Shadow Ball, Yawn

leavanny.gif

Kiele
    Level 54 | ? | Lax | Swarm | Miracle Seed
    Attacks: Slash, Poison Jab, X-Scissor, Leaf Blade

archeops.gif

Palila
    Level 53 | ? | Lonely | Defeatist | no item
    Attacks: Bulldoze, Rock Slide, Crunch, Acrobatics

basculin-red-striped.gif

Kapena
    Level 53 | ? | Quirky | Adaptability | Lucky Egg
    Attacks: Aqua Jet, Aqua Tail, Flail, Crunch

tokyodrift

Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024

Chapter 3:

Audino grinded a bit to get everyone up to level 30. Went through Castelia City to get all the items that were around. Got the few Gift Pokemon that were avaliable. Decided it was time to challenge Burgh! With the help of Mozilla the Vulpix and Denki the newly evolved Magneton, we made quick work of his team. Now that we have completed Castelia City, time to move onto Route 4. But wait, who's this waiting at near the exit of Castelia City? Colress! He said he wanted to take a look at my Pokemon, of course I refused. Then asked if I would battle him.... sure... why not. I get to the Gate for Route 4 and Bianca shows up and hands me a Dowsing Machine. Finally manage to get to Route 4 where Colress is waiting for me. He manages to move the Crustle so we can get through, but not before he challenges me to a battle! He gave me TM03 which contained Psyshock! Explored Route 4 and found all the items and battled as many trainers as I could. Got to Join Avenue (aka the best part of the game!). I'll come back later and do more with that. Now we ended up in Nimbasa City!

496.png

Kusa ? Lv. 33 @ Miracle Seed (Modest, Overgrow)
    Moves: Leaf Tornado, Dragon Rage, Leech Seed, Growth

082.png

Denki Lv. 33 @ Nothing (Naive, Analytic)
    Moves: Sonic Boom, Super Sonic, Thunder Shock, Thunder Wave

035.png

Luna ? Lv. 32 @ Nothing (Quiet, Magic Guard)
    Moves: Psyshock, Wake-up Slap, Rock Smash, Metronome

037.png

Mozilla ? Lv. 33 @ Rawst Berry (Timid, Flash Fire)
    Moves: Flame Burst, Confuse Ray, Will-O-Wisp, Feint Attack​

Years
  • New update (tried to get abunch done today):

Last important thing I did today was beat/catch Sudowoodo. Beat Bugsy. Beat Chedr (though it came down to the wire). Beat Whitney (seemed harder as a kid). Hatched the Togepi from the egg (may use it for the Fairy slot).

Team so far:
    - Croconaw - Level 25 (for the Water slot)
    - Geodude - Level 20 (for the Ground slot)
    - Wooper - Level 14 (for the Water that doesn't look like a fish slot)
    - Togepi - Level 12 (possibly for the Fairy slot)
    - Zubat - Level 12 (possibly for one of the Poni slots)
    - Bellsprout - Level 11 (mostly just here right now for Cut, but who knows)

Team is not final.

tokyodrift

Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024

Chapter 4:

Finally, Nimbasa City! There's so much to explore. I immediately went to Lostlorn Forest to get the 5th member of my team, Murkrow! I did exploring as usual which included talking to almost everyone in town, getting hidden items and such. Went to Route 5 and battled all the trainers, decided to grind to level 39 for the gym while I was at it. Now it was time to evolve my Clefairy, just gonna have to wait it out until I can get some decent TMs to give it. I also decided to evolve the Vulpix I got back in Castelia City with the Fire Stone from the same town. Now it was time to face Elesa. It was quite the challenge. Her team got a major overhaul in this game, not to mention challenge mode. It was rather annoying really. All she did was Volt Switch -.- 4th badge down, that means I've completed this challenge, but I would like to complete the game with this team.

Current Team

497.png

Kusa ? Lv. 39 @ Miracle Seed (Modest, Overgrow)
    Moves: Leaf Tornado, Dragonbreath, Leech Seed, Growth

082.png

Denki Lv. 24 @ Eviolite (Naive, Analytic)
    Moves: Flash Cannon, Super Sonic, Thunder Wave, Thunder Shock

036.png

Luna ? Lv. 41 @ Nothing (Quiet, Magic Guard)
    Moves: Metronome, Psyshock, Return, Cosmic Power

038.png

Mozilla ? Lv. 41 @ Charcoal (Timid, Flash Fire)
    Moves: Confuse Ray, Flamethrower, Will-O-Wisp, Faint Attack

198.png

Giovanni ? Lv. 39 @ Nothing (Naughty, Super Luck)
    Moves: Haze, Drill Peck, Night Shade, Faint Attack​

Spoiler:

Years
  • Beat Morty today!!

Team at the moment:

- Croconaw - Level 26
    - Geodude - Level 22
    - Wooper - Level 14
    - Togepi - Level 14
    - Zubat - Level 14
    - Drowzee - Level 14

Years

• latest

SUON'S ISLAND CHALLENGE
    on Pok?mon Black

POK?MON LEAGUE REBATTLE
    After a lot of levelling by beating all trainers in the Stadiums and on the new routes, and grinding A LOT in the dark grass north of Black City, I challenge the E4 again.

Shauntal

Wow, what a battle!

- Ilio KO's her Co***rigus
    - Her Golurk KO's Ilio
    - Kiele KO's her Golurk
    - Her Chandelure KO's Kiele
    - Kapena KO's her Chandelure
    - Her Drifblim KO's Kapena
    - Palila KO's her Drifblim
    - Her Jellicent KO's Palila
    - Hiamoe KO's her Jellicent
    - Her Froslass KO's Hiamoe
    - Pua'a KO's her Froslass

That promises something for the battles to come. Thankfully I brought healing items...

Grimsley

A bit easier this battle.

- Kiele KO's his Sharpedo
    - His Scrafty KO's Kiele
    - Palila KO's his Scrafty
    - His Drapion KO's Palila
    - Pua'a KO's his Drapion
    - Pua'a KO's his Krookodile
    - Pua'a KO's his Liepard
    - Pua'a KO's his Bisharp

Pua'a could set up 6 Work Ups and simply use his strong attacks. Grimsley's Pok?mon all used Physical attacks, doing very little damage.

Caitlin

She put up a bit of a fight, but it never felt like I was gonna lose.

- Kiele KO's her Musharna
    - Her Sigilyph KO's Kiele
    - Palila KO's her Sigilyph
    - Her Reuniclus KO's Palila
    - Ilio KO's her Reuniclus
    - Her Metagross KO's Ilio
    - Pua'a KO's her Metagross
    - Pua'a KO's her Bronzong
    - Her Gothitelle KO's Pua'a
    - Kapena KO's her Gothitelle

I was a bit cautious of her Metagross, since she and Pua'a can both KO each other at once, but Ilio did quite some damage to Metagross already with his Rock Helmet and Crunch, and Pua'a was faster.

Marshal

The last and easiest battle of the E4

- Hiamoe KO's his Breloom
    - Hiamoe KO's his Mienshaw
    - Hiamoe KO's his Sawk
    - Hiamoe KO's his Throh
    - Hiamoe KO's his Toxicroak
    - Hiamoe KO's his Conkeldurr

Marshal has a serious weakness against Psychic types. This would've been even easier if Hiamoe was faster. I needed to heal a few times and set up Calm Mind against Breloom, but everybody fell before Hiamoe's... euh... feet...?

Champion Alder

Or is it former Champion? Anyway. Here's how it went:

- Palila KO's his Accelgor
    - His Vanniluxe KO's Palila
    - Pua'a KO's his Vanniluxe
    - Pua'a KO's his Bouffalant
    - Pua'a KO's his Escavalier
    - His Volcarona KO's Pua'a
    - Kapena KO's his Volcarona
    - His Druddigon KO's Kapena
    - Ilio KO's

Easier than expected. Why he kept throwing Pok?mon with a weakness against Pua'a in the ring, I don't know, but it was brave. And stupid.

At least it means that this Challenge, is done!! I enjoyed the run, with interesting Pok?mon and the extra "SET"-challenge definitely making it more fun

THE WINNING TEAM:

emboar.gif

Pua'a
    Level 70 | ? | Hasty | Blaze | Charcoal
    Attacks: Earthquake, Work Up, Brick Break, Flamethrower

stoutland.gif

Ilio
    Level 68 | ? | Impish | Sand Rush | Rocky Helmet
    Attacks: Return, Crunch, Toxic, Protect

musharna.gif

Hiamoe
    Level 69 | ? | Jolly | Forewarn | Quick Claw