• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Island Challenge!

Years

• 785.png
    786.png
    787.png
    788.png

SO YOU THINK YOU CAN BE A POK?MON MASTER?

Are Pok?mon games to easy for you? Are you looking for new way to play? Then check out Challenges this Event! But you're probably asking what is this about... Well, in this Event, you play through Pok?mon game of your choosing from the start up to the Champion with a Tapu-themed Team.

General rules:
    • You'll be playing through any main series Pok?mon game. ROM hacks completed up to the 4th Gym are also acceptable.
    • If you need to evolve a Pok?mon through trading, feel free to do so. Otherwise, no trading allowed. Similarly, hacking in items is allowed for evolutions, provided it is unavailable before the Elite Four in your game.
    • This challenge ends when you beat Champion of your game or Red in Johto or Alder in Black/White.
    • To make sure you've read the rules, your Tribe is now Necrozma.
    • You can't use any Legendary or Mythical Pok?mon.
    • But you can use Mega Pok?mon and Z-Crystals. You can also use both Exp. Share and Pok?mon-Amie/Refresh in Gen VI and VII.
    • You can complete this challenge as many times as you want, but only once for points.
    • Playing Pok?mon game can take a pretty long time, so anyone who can beat at least 4 Gyms/Olivia will get a Normalium Z for their team. But don't worry. After the GT ends, this Challenge will be moved to the Challenges Forum (which you should visit anyway) where you can continue your journey.
    • The "Challenge" here is that you must play the game with a thematic team. Your team must be consisted of the Pok?mon below:

Team:
    1. Any Electric-Type if you're in Tribe Koko, Grass-Type if you're in Tribe Bulu, Psychic-Type if you're in Tribe Lele and Water-Type to the ones in Tribe Fini.
    2. 2 Pok?mon that can be found on:
      • Melemele Island for Tribe Koko
      • Akala Island for Tribe Lele
      • Ula'ula Island for Tribe Bulu
      • Poni Island for Tribe Fini
    3. One Pok?mon that:
      • have Speed stat higher that 90 for Tribe Koko
      • have Special Attack stat higher that 90 for Tribe Lele
      • looks like a bull or is fat for Tribe Bulu
      • is Water-Type but doesn't look like a fish for Tribe Fini
    4. Any Pok?mon of the type used by your Tribe's Kahuna*
    5. Any Pok?mon of the same type as any of the Z-Crystals given to you in your Tribe's Island's Trial (except for Kahuna's Z-Crystals)**

*If you're playing any of the Kanto games and you're in Tribe Bulu, you won't be able to get any Dark-Types. You can use any Pok?mon that have an Alolan Regional Variant for this one.

**If you're in Tribe Fini and playing in Gens I-V, you can use any Pok?mon that becomes Fairy-Type in Gen VI.

ULTRA WORMHOLE APPEARED!
    Ultra Wormholes are appearing all over the Alola. Thanks to that, you can swap one of the required Pok?mon with any non-Legendary Pok?mon that can be found in Ultra Space.

Sign-up:
    Name:
    Tribe:
    Game:

Challengers:
    Spoiler:

Winners:
    Spoiler:

Created by Zemanahrad and Spirit Shuckle

Last edited:
    Years
  • Name: Zemanahrad
    Tribe: Necrozma
    Game: Ultra Moon
    Planned Team:
    Water-Type for Fini Tribe -
    bruxish.gif

2 Pok?mon found on Poni Island -
    lycanroc-midnight.gif
    and
    tauros.gif

Non-Fish Water-Type for Fini -
    pyukumuku.gif

Kahuna's Pok?mon -
    golurk.gif

Fairy Z-Crystal from Poni Island -
    ribombee.gif

This will be my 1st time playing Ultra Moon, so I'm kinda hyped for it...

Last edited:

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
    Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    Name: Junier / Junebug
    Tribe: Necrozma (Koko)
    Game: Fire Red Advanced

Last edited:

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
    Years
  • Sign-up: Meh
    Name: Spirit Shuckle... apparently. How did I forget to deal with that?
    Tribe: Our lord and savior Necrozema
    Game: Ultra Moon

Years
  • Name: TailsMK4
    Game: Pokemon Blaze Black 2
    Planned Team:

quagsire.gif

emboar.gif
    and
    lucario.gif
    (Riolu is obtainable)
    azumarill.gif

Kahuna's Pok?mon -
    vibrava.gif
    (fourth gym occurs too early to turn this into a full-fledged Flygon)
    gardevoir.gif

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • Username: CodeHelmet
    Tribe: Lele
    Game: Yellow

Planned Team:

1) Psychic Type... really? Psychic OP in Gen 1 and I saw no limitations with regards to Legendaries *grins* I'll go with Starmie seeing as it serves as a Water Type.
    2) Two Pokemon on Akala Island... hmm. Butterfree is a given... as for second... Eevee -> Jolteon
    3) Special > 90 = Ninetales!! Base stats are different for Gen 1 btw :)
    4) Rock Types so I'll go with Onix seeing as none of her Pokemon are available.
    5) Fire, Grass or Water. Grass seems appropriate here and I'll go with Bulbasaur(or Venusaur).

Hopefully my GBC and 20 year old Yellow cartridge don't die on me :D

Years
  • Username: CodeHelmet
    Tribe: Lele

Planned Team:

1) Psychic Type... really? Psychic OP in Gen 1 and I saw no limitations with regards to Legendaries *grins* I'll go with Starmie seeing as it serves as a Water Type.
    2) Two Pokemon on Akala Island... hmm. Butterfree is a given... as for second... Eevee -> Jolteon
    3) Special > 90 = Ninetales!! Base stats are different for Gen 1 btw :)
    4) Rock Types so I'll go with Onix seeing as none of her Pokemon are available.
    5) Fire, Grass or Water. Grass seems appropriate here and I'll go with Bulbasaur(or Venusaur).

Hopefully my GBC and 20 year old Yellow cartridge don't die on me :D

I'm sorry CodeHelmet, but the Tribe has spoken. You have to find new one. (btw, Necrozma is looking for new worshipers - you can find more about it in the rules)
    And I'm not even talking about the rule about Legendaries that is and been there from the start...

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • I'm sorry CodeHelmet, but the Tribe has spoken. You have to find new one. (btw, Necrozma is looking for new worshipers - you can find more about it in the rules)
    And I'm not even talking about the rule about Legendaries that is and been there from the start...

Hardy har har... For that :7: dies

Username:CodeHelmet
    Planned Team: Starmie, Butterfree, Jolteon, Ninetales Onix, and Venusuar

Years
  • Name: TailsMK4
    Tribe: Fini
    Game: Pokemon Blaze Black 2
    Planned Team:

quagsire.gif

emboar.gif
    and
    lucario.gif
    (Riolu is obtainable)
    azumarill.gif

Kahuna's Pok?mon -
    vibrava.gif
    (fourth gym occurs too early to turn this into a full-fledged Flygon)
    gardevoir.gif

Looks like you avoided Lord's Necrozma eyes. You should really think about where you belong more. (Go back and read the rules again, then edit your sign up)

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    Name: tokyodrift
    Game: Blaze Black 2
    Planned Team:
    1. Meganium (Grass type)
    2. Ariados ( Spinarak is found on Ula'ula Island)
    3. Slowking ( Slowpoke is found on Ula'ula Island)
    4. Snorlax (Tapu Bulu's bff)
    5. Honchkrow (Nanu uses Dark-types)
    6. Krookodile (Nanu gives the Darkinium Z so this should be fine)

Last edited:

BlissyMKW

Rawr
    Years
  • So before I start my run (and if nobody posts when I have my first update ready, I'll edit this post and add it in,) allow me to present my planned team.

First, as a member of the Necrozma Tribe, Bulu Edition, I have to use a Grass type. Since Chikorita is avaliable at start (even if the first two gyms will be a nightmare), it's the earliest Grass type I can scoop up outside of...Bellsprout, and Bellsprout requires a Leaf Stone to evolve, so I don't want to wait forever to fully evolve it, so Meganium it is.

Gyarados is in the Ula'ula dex and there just happens to be a free Lv. 30 shiny Gyarados at Lake of Rage with my name on it.

And meanwhile, I know having two Water types will be a bad idea long term, but I'm going to go with Slowbro as my second Ula'ula pick. It can learn Surf and is able to be caught fairly early despite also being weak to Bug so Bugsy just got a whole lot worse. Also, this means I won't need to catch a Krabby as a Surf slave.

A bull or something that is fat. Tauros is able to be caught, but Miltank is fat. I'm going to go for Miltank, mostly because it has a ever so slightly higher encounter rate than Tauros.

...Umbreon. It's either Umbreon or Sneasel, and Sneasel is not only all the way at Ice Path, but it's awful in Gen 2. At least Umbreon can be a bulky stall mon and learn Toxic when I beat Janine.

Since Buginium Z isn't an option (and all the Bug types in Johto barring Forretress are bad anyway), I'm going to pick Ampharos. An early Electric type who doesn't get ruined by Falkner, makes Bugsy less of a pain, can learn Thunder Wave to make catching Miltank and Gyarados easier, and kinda helps the fact that I'm using two Water types. It can also learn elemental punches, and that's always a plus in my book.

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • So I have a challenge update. Got my Electric starter, defeated my rival twice, got 5 free Pokeballs, caught Caterpie(evolved it into Butterfree), defeated Brock with little effort, breezed through Mount Moon and used Happiness exploit to get Bulbasaur before Misty. Grinded Bulbasaur to 18 and proceeded to sweep Misty with Vine Whip. Blue was a pain in the arse with just Bulbasaur and Butterfree(Spearow in particular but Sleep Powder is a lifesaver).

With just two Pokemon on my team, it was interesting going through SS.Anne(wherein facing Blue again was a pain in the arse due to that Spearow). Rather than facing Lt.Surge right away, I opted to go to Rock Tunnel to grab my Rock Snake Pokemon. Found one after a lot of Wild Encounters and Escape Roped out. Training Rock Types is a pain when you're facing Pokemon that can KO it in no time flat(like Diglett's Dig). Eventually I got it to a respectable level where its Rock/Ground Typing proved to be too much for Lt.Surge.

Eventually made my way through Rock Tunnel and stopped at Lavender Town. Will update again when I advance further.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    Actually there is note in the brackets about excluding Z-Crystals of Kahunas for that rule so only Electric and Ghost-Types are available for you Bulu guys.

Ahh got it, must have read over that. I?ll use an Electric type in place of it.

Back