• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: it's a beautiful day in the neighbourhood

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkmin3033

I don't have any friends so I guess that means I can't celebrate D:

It's kinda scary how quickly the years pass, and how little changes, the older you get...

Metatron

No guts, no glory
    Years
  • I've been here like a decade, crazy how much the place has changed tbh. Like there's definitely been a total shift in culture.

pkmin3033

This place seemed a lot more approachable when I joined.

Metatron

No guts, no glory
    Years
  • Can't really say as I wasn't around much in 2014, but PC seems pretty chill. Most of my old friends are gone now so I'm a bit out of the loop, but I feel welcomed still. Kinda.

Gabri

m8
    Years
  • Almost 11 years for me, shit I'm old

Well, the thread I'm gonna make isn't really going to be a celebration of me, more of a celebration of the friends I've made over these past two years :)

You've only been here for two years? Dafuq feels like you've been here since the dawn of time

Reactions: noa
    Years
  • I can say without a shred of doubt in my mind that present PC is significantly less cliqueish than the PC of the old days. PC is a lot more welcoming these days, tbqh.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    it's a beautiful day in the neighbourhood

Metatron

No guts, no glory
    Years
  • i think i've definitely seen the name metatron in #tpc

idk what that is lol

I can say without a shred of doubt in my mind that present PC is significantly less cliqueish than the PC of the old days. PC is a lot more welcoming these days, tbqh.

As an outsider I'm def gonna have to disagree. There are threads popping up about like specific users all the time and its the same couple of people doing the majority of posts. Way less cliquey back in the day imo.

Last edited:

TY

I've been here for 6 years apparently though it feels like a lot less.

How I've changed compared to 15-year old me :')

pkmin3033

Cliques are just part and parcel of a forum, really. Like everywhere else, you either fit in or you don't, and you're treated accordingly...as in, you're either welcomed with open arms or outright ignored, and blamed for your lack of self-confidence if you don't speak up. It's not easy interacting with others in close-knit groups.

hi my name is matt, how u doin'?
    Hi, I'm Dawn, and I'm tired after playing Cyberdimension Neptunia for about 6 hours today. You?

Metatron

No guts, no glory
    Years
  • Cliques are just part and parcel of a forum, really. Like everywhere else, you either fit in or you don't, and you're treated accordingly...as in, you're either welcomed with open arms or outright ignored, and blamed for your lack of self-confidence if you don't speak up. It's not easy interacting with others in close-knit groups.

I mean i guess? But like it's the internet, not highschool. If you don't fit in, go somewhere else where you do lol

pkmin3033

I mean i guess? But like it's the internet, not highschool. If you don't fit in, go somewhere else where you do lol
    Pretty much! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

But even so, people shouldn't pretend these things don't exist just because they don't apply to them...

noa

sleeping cutie
    Years
  • It seriously feels like I've been here for 10 years. I guess that says a lot about how welcoming the place is ^_^
    I think there's a place on PC for everyone. For me, that place is the server, and to an extent, Pokemon Trivia. I think if you look around enough you'll find a little home on the forum.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • Hi, I'm Dawn, and I'm tired after playing Cyberdimension Neptunia for about 6 hours today. You?

Hi Dawn! I have never heard of that game in my life, but I'm going to assume by its name it's a PS4 exclusive lol. Sounds very animu.

That's still a blunt shitty response, not gonna lie.

Last edited:

pkmin3033

Hi Dawn! I have never heard of that game in my life, but I'm going to assume by its name it's a PS4 exclusive lol. Sounds very animu.
    It's not due out until next week, I got it early, aha. But yeah, it's a PS4 exclusive, at least for the moment - Neptunia games seem to be making their way over to PC, so I expect this one will too. Considering the characters are personifications of consoles, and its filled with anime/game references...yes, it's very animu. Dunno if that's your sort of thing or not, but the gameplay is pretty solid and I'm not complaining about anything so far. Which is rare for me. xD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back