• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

It's not funny anymore!

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • Is there anything within the anime you're simply tired of seeing? I'm sick of seeing Ash's Pikachu getting "overcharged" every single season! Well, it didn't happen in Kalos, as far as I know, but I seriously am sick of seeing that over and over again for sure. :|

Guest123_x1

i'm tired of seeing Ash always being dumb in the anime and making stupid mistakes tbh
    On top of that, repeating many of those same mistakes as time goes by, and also Pikachu losing to opponents that clearly should have been outmatched by him, especially newly-caught Pokémon or Pokémon belonging to new trainers.

One other thing I'm sick of is Ash leaving all his Pokémon behind save for Pikachu to start every new region, as an attempt to break continuity with previous regions. Also, the female traveling companion always being replaced at every new series (they let Brock stay all the way through Sinnoh, despite his hiatus during Orange Islands). Not to mention Ash never being able to win any main series League-Kalos was really bad in this aspect by trolling us.

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2016
    On top of that, repeating many of those same mistakes as time goes by, and also Pikachu losing to opponents that clearly should have been outmatched by him, especially newly-caught Pokémon or Pokémon belonging to new trainers.

One other thing I'm sick of is Ash leaving all his Pokémon behind save for Pikachu to start every new region, as an attempt to break continuity with previous regions. Also, the female traveling companion always being replaced at every new series (they let Brock stay all the way through Sinnoh, despite his hiatus during Orange Islands). Not to mention Ash never being able to win any main series League-Kalos was really bad in this aspect by trolling us.

This and Team Rocket.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I'm not sick of Ash's overpowered Pikachu at all. It makes more sense for it to be OP than for it to not be... I mean, people didn't like how it got rekt by Snivy in BW. I know you're not all people, obviously, but still.

I'm really sick of Team Rocket gags. They are all the same since they were in the first season. I skip or stop paying attention to Team Rocket scenes anytime they show up, lol. As long as it doesn't seem important.

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2018
    I agree about Team Rocket Altairis. I get they're comic relief, but I hate when their appearances are just shoehorned in for the sake of them appearing.

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
    Years
  • 1) Team Rocket for the sake of them being comic relief - make them a viable threat if they are going to recur. If they wanted comedy, just insert it into the companions/Ash. I sort of liked their BW incarnation (bit overdone but refreshing all the same).

2) Recurring gags. I get it, Brock fawns over every girl as done Bonnie only to be dragged away by some member of the group, but it gets really tiresome 50 episodes in.

3) Pokedex entries. Probably just me but whenever I see a new Pokemon, I think 'cool!', only to have to wait another 20 seconds before the episode continues. It really stops the flow of the episode IMO.

4) Filler episodes. Again probably just me, but I don't really need to see the next character of the day/Pokemon of the day before I see Ash battling again. One of my biggest gripes of DP despite enjoying it a lot.

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2018
    I don't mind the Pokedex entries if they're for a Pokemon that hasn't been featured on the show yet. What I don't like is when it's done for a Pokemon that's already had a Pokedex entry shown.

Years
  • There are many repeated stories that I am tired of seeing. examples:
    Explaining that there are many clones of nurse Joy and officer Jenny.
    The new heroes not knowing Team Rocket.
    Ash catching a new normal type bird.
    Showing us how to catch a Pokémon.
    Explaining the advantages and disadvantages of the different types of Pokémon again and again.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • The only really thing I hate is Team Rocket. Although they were handled much better in XY. I loved how they handled Team Rocket in Unova and I really wish they hadn't stopped that.

If they want to have Team Rocket, then make it more the entire Team show up and not just Jessie and James. I loved how Giovanni and the one doctor returned in XY, but they want to keep Team Rocket, then they need to treat them like every team.

Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2024
        Well, in my opinion, the most annoying thing in the anime so far concern Ash constant loses at leagues, really it's frustrating, and the most frustrating was Kalos League because Everything built up to an epic showdown but that lose was the worst, really...
        People mention Ash dumbness but in XY(Z) I didn't see it anytime so it's not recurring anymore :) Team Rocket don't bother me that much, but I had to say it's refreshing to not see them at every single episode :)
        Moreover, Pikachu start to be very annoying to me, it lacks of the personnality he had in the first gen and I'm missing that one, I found the actual pikachu just so generic...
       One last thing I'm not fond of, is the fact there always the regionnal bird captured at the beginning, the one I hated the most was Fletching, just weak and annoying to me :/

Back