• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"I've got such a headache!"

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
  • Given my recent experience with headyaches, this makes me wondering. If you ever got one, how are you guys coping with it or dealing with it? And do you get it often?

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2018
    I feel like I deal with headaches more often than I need to. For a while from last month till this month I had headaches almost on a daily basis. I read up somewhere if you take painkiller for 7 or more days a month you can get headaches later in the month due to that. And possibly make your headaches worse. So much for some painkiller to ease a headache lol! I can't confirm this and I can't be arsed searching online so you have to do some researching if any of you are wondering. I'm either starting to think I have chronic migraines or it's time for a eye doctor appointment to have my vision checked.

Years
  • I find that, aside from taking medicine for it, if I cover my eyes with something and/or lie in a dark room, that that helps with most of my headaches.

Although most of the headaches I get I'm pretty sure are because of eye strain, so...

Thankfully I don't get them that often. Usually.

kyuubi93

What a bother
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2018
    To get rid of my headaches, I usually take a nap. And if I can't do that, then I just ingest a sativa flower strain. Usually does the trick. If all else fails, then I'll just listen to relaxing music on my bluetooth speaker on this peaceful meditation radio station I have on Pandora.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I don't really get headaches, but when I do I purposefully try to make them worse. It gets rid of them for some reason. Used to when my family bought cans of soda we would almost always have at least a 12 pack in the fridge and we lived with my grandma back then and she keeps her refridgerator almost as cold as the freezer, if somethings not in the crisper drawer it's probably partially frozen. But anyways, when I would get headaches I'd go and get a cold can of soda and press it against each of my eyes for a couple of seconds and then roll it across my forehead for a minute or two and the headache would go away.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    It used to be rare for me to have any sort of headache, but I noticed an increase recently. Last week I really think I was experiencing migraines because the pain was unbearable. I couldn't think or read properly and it spread to other areas of my face. I tried taking medicine, but it didn't really help, but I've been told I was taking too low of a dose so I'll take more next time. BUT I REALLY HOPE IT DOESN'T COME BACK.

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2022
    I get headaches all the time. Chronic ones. As in they sent me for a brain scan chronic.

I deal with them by drinking loads of water, sleeping if I can and if I can't, I ingest truly shocking amounts of ibuprofen and codeine until it either gets rid of it or knocks me out, whichever happens first.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    I rarely get headaches. If I ever do get one, Advil is my go-to painkiller.

Jayce

x-kid
    Years
  • I get headaches fairly often, usually a couple times a week. I try drinking more water and then get myself a cup of coffee (it helps, for whatever reason), and if that fails then I just opt for ibuprofen.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • I have to take a pain killer such as vicodin for mine. Tylenol and other pain relievers won't touch it. Usually, I try to sleep or listen to music after taking a vicodin. The music tends to take the pressure off by distracting me from the pain and getting the vicodin to work faster.

Years
  • My headaces are few and far between. Mostly they're caused by me not eating. However once I eat and take tylenol it dissipates

Last edited:

pkmin3033

I get headaches sporadically, usually if I haven't slept very well, or if I stare at a particularly bright screen first thing in the morning...like my iPod's. A lot of the time I just ignore it, although if it becomes unbearable I'll take soluble tablets, since I can't swallow regular ones. I prefer not to take painkillers, because the caffeine in them does strange things to me and I generally feel even worse once they wear off.

Most of the time I can just take my mind off it though, by watching something, playing a game, or immersing myself in a book. I generally don't listen to music.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • I don't get headaches often, but when I do I will take a couple of paracetamol tablets and stay in a quiet relaxed area for a while, until the headache has gone. I've never really had a 'bad' headache, I've always dealt with them before they get to that point. If they're extremely minor, I'll just ignore them until they go away, or get worse at which point I'll take tablets.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Fortunately I only rarely have a headache, but when get one, drinking a lot of water and going to sleep for a while always helps out a lot.

Nymphadora

Gift of the Nymphs
    Years
  • I get headaches quite often...They're brought on by light. I normally don't have them on often because my headaches cause me to get sick and my eye to twitch...it's pretty gross

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • I almost always have a headache. But, since I don't want to accept the truth, I consider it a "delusion", to be honest, but yes, I get a lot of headaches. u_u

Years
    • Age 36
    • ?
    • Seen Jan 16, 2016
    I get them frequently, I have for about 8+ years. I have to take medication, they're caused by tension.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • I have a headache every now and then. Sometimes from working to hard at uni, playing games/ using the computer too much, if I didn't get enough sleep or if I slept in a weird position. I get it more often in the summer with heat stroke which is the worst one.

Most cases I'd take a Panadol or nurofen. I take other medicine such as ibuprofen for a knee injury so if I have taken that already, I won't need to take the other two. Other cases when my asthma and hay fever is bad (and I also have a headache), i'll go with an antihistamine which knocks me out for the rest of the night.

Getting headaches usually mean I take a bit of the break off the computer for a bit, or maybe I'd go lie down and take a nap for a while. Other times I'll just continuously drink some water which usually does help a lot.

Back