• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I've. Used. It. So. Many. Times.

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I always try to use different pokemon in every run through. I think at this point there are only like a couple dozen pokemon I've never used, most of them from Gen 8.

Years
  • Butterfree and Azumarill have made their way into my teams on a number of occasions by design, since I always like using my favorites. Gardevoir, Absol, Lucario, Sigilyph, and Drifblim are other Pokemon that have kind of made their way on to multiple teams for me, and since I was comfortable using them before, I didn't bother switching them out for someone else later in the game.

Years
  • I usually try to have each of the three starter types (usually the two that aren't covered by my chosen starter), then a Dark type, a Psychic or Fairy type (or both, looking at you, Gardevoir, Galarian Rapidash, Hatterene), and a sixth filler that usually covers some types that I don't have on my team (or just a Pokemon that I think is super cool).

Years
  • Words of wisdom. Crobat's the best bat.

Yes! I actually found Crobat to be a great choice of flying type to have on my team, during the few occasions I've used one. I dunno about everyone else, but my general dislike of Zubat and Golbat put me off trying to get one for ages. Safe to say I now actually consider it during playthroughs (Woobat is still a nope though lol).

Years
  • One word: Scolipede.

Give me a chance to use that thing and I WILL go out of my way to if I can.

I'm sure there are others but none come to mind as quickly as that ;D

Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    I've used Ninetales (both Alolan and Kantonian), Beautifly, Lapras, Roserade, Gardevoir, Cinccino, Gothitelle, Liligant and Garchomp a multitude of times.

Last edited:
    Years
  • With every new playthrough I usually try to use Pokemon that I never used before on my teams but there are still a few Pokemon that I just seem to gravitate towards and use more than once on my teams. Some of those Pokemon are Venusaur, Serperior, Tauros, Crustle, Lapras, Dragonite but the Pokemon that I used A LOT more than any other is Arcanine (I used Growlithe/Arcanine in 6 or 7 different playthroughs so far).

Years
  • in my current playthrough of Platinum, i'm trying to use different pokemon from the typical ~* sinnoh team *~. i think i only have staraptor out of that, but i don't have floatzel, no lucario, no garchomp, or any of the other typical sinnoh mons people throw on a team. to be honest? it feel refreshing to use different pokemon and explore other options that i otherwise wouldn't have given a second look at.

so yeah, i do try to use different pokemon for different playthroughs. it's fun. :>

Years
  • my 2 most used Pokemon of all time are definitely Ampharos and Gardevoir, Ampharos isn't really my favorite mon but I always find myself using it (especially in the Johto games). Gardevoir on the other is one of my favorite mons and I really have to try to not use it since I've used the mon a lot whenever it's available (especially in romhacks).

I usually try to only use the new mons of each gen and then integrate previous gen mons into my teams on subsequent playthroughs or in the next edition of the game (idk how to describe it, games like Emerald, Platinum, USUM, etc.).

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I consistently evolve, train, and use every fully evolved Pokémon in every (modern) game, so my answer is both yes and no, lol.

I will always go out of my way to care for my Fairies; do a little more for them training, EV wise, and actively hunt their shiny forms tho. But again, this has been consistent since the type started existed! ( ˘ ³˘)♡

Back