• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

????????? <J-Music Club>

Dracowyn

Hell's Traffic Accident
Years
  • Hi, welcome to the club. Thanks for coming.

If you like power metal may I suggest Light Bringer:

Spoiler:

Or a collaborative effort called DOLL$BOXX from that group's singer with the band Gacharic Spin:

Spoiler:

They are more a mix of power pop and metal though so might not be to your tastes.

Thanks for the welcome btw, I kinda forgot to reply, sorry about that D;
    Those two groups are pretty nice. I prefer the 2nd one actually, since the guitars sound more heavy.

I prefer power metal though, like this song from ForeGround Eclipse:
    Spoiler:

Or this from Kishida Kyoudan (they started with Touhou arranges, but make original songs too. They also do anime music, like the music for Highschool of the Dead and the opening for Strike the Blood.
    Spoiler:

And the Fairy Empress' music. I've been a big fan of Yousei Teikoku for years and they improve with every new album in my opinion. I also love how Yui can control the masses during performances.

Spoiler:

So I have a few things I'm curious about. Mostly I'm wondering if anyone's experiences with the music has helped broaden their music tastes in general, that is, have you looked into music in more languages or tried out genres of music you didn't listen to before? That sort of thing. Because I think it has a little bit for me, though it's hard to find quality music outside of certain languages.

Well, I didn't listen to any music before Japanese music. Save for Voltaire (because I love his lyrics). So you could say it made me listen to English music as well, and rock and metal as a whole.

But aside from English, I didn't start to listen to music in other languages aside from those two. My native tongue is Dutch though, yet I really dislike Dutch music.

I've tried some other genres because of it though. It made me like epic music and traditional music too.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • So I have a few things I'm curious about. Mostly I'm wondering if anyone's experiences with the music has helped broaden their music tastes in general, that is, have you looked into music in more languages or tried out genres of music you didn't listen to before? That sort of thing. Because I think it has a little bit for me, though it's hard to find quality music outside of certain languages.

I did tried Arabic and Korean. But nothing is like Japanese for me. I quickly abandoned the Arabic music. Even if my native language is French, I never listen to any french... I can't stand it lol

Years
  • I did tried Arabic and Korean. But nothing is like Japanese for me. I quickly abandoned the Arabic music. Even if my native language is French, I never listen to any french... I can't stand it lol
    I've heard similar things from several people, that they don't like the music that their country/language/area makes so they go looking for something different. I wonder if that's more common with people who listen to Japanese music.

Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2016
    Hi, I want to join this awesome club! :D
    I really like songs by SID and Asian Kung-Fu Generation so I vote for Team White.

I love the anime Bleach & really enjoyed listening to most of their opening/ending songs. So recently i've been listening to a lot of J-Rock music & so far I love it!

I'm super new to this genre but I hope I can explore more music through meeting everyone here & discussing favorite songs ^.^

Years
  • More people, yay, new blood

Hi, I want to join this awesome club! :D
    I really like songs by SID and Asian Kung-Fu Generation so I vote for Team White.

I love the anime Bleach & really enjoyed listening to most of their opening/ending songs. So recently i've been listening to a lot of J-Rock music & so far I love it!

I'm super new to this genre but I hope I can explore more music through meeting everyone here & discussing favorite songs ^.^

Well, let me start by giving you one recommendation, which is a band called Radwimps. Maybe try out this song:

Spoiler:

J-Rock is one of my favorite areas of music so I can go into it quite a lot. Do you have any song in particular from AKFG that's your favorite?

Joining as well, and as Team White.

Hi, welcome to the club. Who is that in your signature? I get a strong Johnnies vibe, but I can't tell who.

Years
  • Mitsumura Tatsuya. He's the singer for NICO Touches the Walls, the band that does most of the Naruto openings.

Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2016
    More people, yay, new blood

Well, let me start by giving you one recommendation, which is a band called Radwimps. Maybe try out this song:

Spoiler:

J-Rock is one of my favorite areas of music so I can go into it quite a lot. Do you have any song in particular from AKFG that's your favorite?

Great song! :D I'll go check out more of their music.

I'd have to say Rewrite is my favorite song from AKFG because it was the first song i've heard of theirs but I really like most of their music (:

Do you have a favorite song from AKFG as well?

Years
  • Great song! :D I'll go check out more of their music.

I'd have to say Rewrite is my favorite song from AKFG because it was the first song i've heard of theirs but I really like most of their music (:

Do you have a favorite song from AKFG as well?

I don't really have a favorite, but this is a good song:

Spoiler:

There are a lot of good songs so it's hard to pick favorite ones, you know?

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    I would like to join! I'll also vote for the red team, since my favorites are mostly female.

Female wise, I'm mostly into:
    - Koda Kumi
    - Miliyah Kato
    - Utada Hikaru
    - Ayumi Hamasaki
    - Ai Otsuka
    - Namie Amuro (mostly her stuff pre-FEEL era)

Male wise, I'm into:
    - UVERworld
    - Miyavi
    - Fear, and Loathing in Las Vegas
    - Yuya Matsushita (before he formed a group)

Years
  • I would like to join! I'll also vote for the red team, since my favorites are mostly female.
    Hello! Welcome!

I agree. Play and Past<Future are, I think, her best albums. But she changes styles so she'll change again with whatever her next album is and hopefully it will be a good change.

tokyodrift

Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    Hello! Welcome!

I agree. Play and Past<Future are, I think, her best albums. But she changes styles so she'll change again with whatever her next album is and hopefully it will be a good change.

I think Uncontrolled is one of her best, and I feel like it's forgotten by most fans. I suppose it's because most of the songs are either remixed, or previously released as singles. My other favorites would probably be Queen of Hip-Pop and the ones you mentioned.

Years
  • I think Uncontrolled is one of her best, and I feel like it's forgotten by most fans. I suppose it's because most of the songs are either remixed, or previously released as singles. My other favorites would probably be Queen of Hip-Pop and the ones you mentioned.
    I'd forgotten about that album, but then I'm just a casual fan and I haven't listened to her for a while and then only the stuff that's my personal favorites. But remixes, I dunno, they're good and fun for a while, but I usually like originals, you know? Like, remixes can get kinda same-y.

Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2016
    I would like to join! I'll also vote for the red team, since my favorites are mostly female.

Female wise, I'm mostly into:
    - Koda Kumi
    - Miliyah Kato
    - Utada Hikaru
    - Ayumi Hamasaki
    - Ai Otsuka

Male wise, I'm into:
    - UVERworld
    - Miyavi
    - Fear, and Loathing in Las Vegas
    - Yuya Matsushita (before he formed a group)

Hi! (:

I really like D Technolife by Uverworld & I hope to explore more of their music. Do you have any suggestions??

tokyodrift

Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    I'd forgotten about that album, but then I'm just a casual fan and I haven't listened to her for a while and then only the stuff that's my personal favorites. But remixes, I dunno, they're good and fun for a while, but I usually like originals, you know? Like, remixes can get kinda same-y.

It's funny because everyone complained when they heard the remixes. I feel like I'm the only one who actually enjoyed the remixes. I've noticed that when an artist includes a single on an album, but it's completely different from the original they call it the "album version". There have been times where I couldn't even tell the difference from the two because they vastly similar.

Hi! (:

I really like D Technolife by Uverworld & I hope to explore more of their music. Do you have any suggestions??

Album wise, I'd recommend: LAST, LIFE 6 SENSE, and THE ONE (which happens to be my favorite). But in general, I think all their albums are pretty solid musically.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Are there any Perfume fans about? I was lucky enough to get tickets to their show in San Francisco tonight and, wow, amazing. They did most of the songs from Cosmic Explorer as well as some of their other big hits like Polyrhythm and Dream Fighter. But they had such funny interludes like asking if anyone in the audience was cosplaying them, and there were, including an adorable 6 year old girl.

Years
  • Joining! Team Red! :D

GUYS MY QUEEN UTADA HIKARU is releasing a new album Sept. 28th go pre-order it I'm still shaking tbh.

I also love JASMINE, Crystal Kay, Perfume, Mami Kawada, and binaria.

I'm not a fan of male singers/groups but I do enjoy Larcenciel.

Years
  • Ahh L'arc en Ciel, I feel so nostalgic hearing that name. I haven't listened to them in ages and now I wanna go back and listen to everything by them.

GUYS MY QUEEN UTADA HIKARU is releasing a new album Sept. 28th go pre-order it I'm still shaking tbh.
    Good things can happen in 2016 after all

It's been too long since she released music though. We only got those small number of songs to tease us and nothing else for these last I don't know how many years.

Back