• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Just what happened between Brock and Prof Ivy?

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
  • Recently, Bulbapedia's little quizzes reminded me of the fact that Brock left working with Prof Ivy on very mysterious terms, and seemed to be traumatized by the incident. What do you guys think happened to cause such a thing?

My personal belief is that it was probably something as simple as embarrassing himself while trying to confess his feelings, or getting brutally turned down.

Guest123_x1

I'm thinking that, because Brock was in such love with Prof. Ivy at first sight, after joining to work with her, he started to get all over her, to the point where she finally retaliated and said no more.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
  • Yeah, I'd say that he confessed his love to her and she refused, so Brock returned to Ash and Misty to avoid the embarrassment and awkwardness. The episode where he returned was hilarious, though. Brock would go in a corner and pout whenever someone said the word 'Ivy.' xD

ChipmunkGamingInc.

Owner of Chipmunk Gaming Inc.
    Years
  • I was hoping they would show or explain what happened. But, no. Let's be totally mysterious and make the parents wonder about our show. Let's make it so Brock is totally traumatized, and make them wonder even more about Pokemon, possibly losing viewers.

Honestly, I think that Brock confessed his love to Prof. Ivy, and was rejected in a harsh and brutal way. That would traumatize me. But I'd never have that happen in the first place.

*~Maelstrom~*

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
  • I think Brock helped Ivy out for a long period of time, confessed his feelings to her, and then got rejected. She told him that she'd still appreciate him helping around the lab, but alas, Brock was too heartbroken to endure being around her.

The details the anime chose not to include, we can include in our fanfics. ;) lolo no just kidding.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • I was hoping they would show or explain what happened. But, no. Let's be totally mysterious and make the parents wonder about our show. Let's make it so Brock is totally traumatized, and make them wonder even more about Pokemon, possibly losing viewers.
    It's not like it was the only case... GS Ball was the same.
    Interesting thing is that they use more important characters than CHOTDs to do this =D

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2023
    I would say that Professor Ivy was a Lesbian and Brock walked in on her accidently and that is how he found out...

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • (Yes, my opinion didn't change the last time I posted this somewhere.) Brock realized how horrifying it was to work for Ivy. Perhaps she's a real slavedriver and it pushed poor Brock over the edge. Not impossible. Ivy could easily have a dark side--so, yeah, Ivy is a slavedriver, pushed Brock to the limit, and he does not wish to remember this information, so he refuses to talk about it.

Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2013
    Professor Ivy found out that Brock had a small dick and dumped him right there.

PS: But seriously as a long time Pokemon fan this has always bugged me. They just stopped talking about it one day and that was that. What the hell Pokemon writers why you got to leave us hanging like that?

Years
  • I guess this is one of those things that are up to the viewers' imaginations. I'm personally guessing he got friendzoned.

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
    Years
  • He is traumatized by the WORK of course!
    Why do you think he came back and Went to sit in the corner like a puss whenever he heard the name Ivy? She pushed him over the ****in limit.

Or she fell in love with him and he ran away.

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2013
    It'd be fun to see Professor Ivy one day again. Either in the game or the anime would be totally fine!

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2015
    brock witnessed her murder by a pokemon or team rocket but wasn't mentioned in the show because kids would be watching it so they left it as a mystery but we can assume that officer jenny caught the person/pokemon responsible and brock was so traumatized he moved back trying to forget her

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2019
    It was stated in a interview that professor Ivy was a lesbian and Brock found out about that and was depressed so he left. The real reason he stayed with her tho (the lesbian part might've been a way to get him back into the anime) is because they felt it was discrimination Brock always having his eyes closed so they wanted to remove him.

Back