• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Kyledove's Official Sinnoh tileset project

Status
Not open for further replies.

SL1MSHADY

WATCH THE THRONE
    Years
    oooohhh... so kyledoves original style is desaturated but his new style is saturated... i get it! i thaught it was the other way around lolz
    lol yea, i used to think that too...
    wait, am i rite? i think so, but i dont wanna seem like a know-it-all! lolz

sab

Now too much of a life.
    Years
    the huge map of shinoh has gone down... The tiles still look great though!

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2024
    Hey guys, I've been thinking about removing permission for all my tiles from now on. It seems there is a lot of confusion about which can and can't be used (apparently.) so people suggest I should just make them all off limits.

Honestly, It really upsets me to think after all I've done for the pokemon fangame making community in the past 5 years, there are people actually getting away with stealing and this forum is choosing to let them get away with it unpunished. I can't think of anyone else who has contributed more to this community than myself. Wow I sound really stuck up here - but the majority of all fangames (around the world) now seem to use my sinnoh tiles - without them we'd still be stuck using fr/lg tiles which are like 5 years old.

To think, I had actually made and completed this pokemon game where you go around in a fairground playing minigames with pokemon for this community and was really close to releasing it - which I'm never gonna do now. All I would get is even more stealing of my tiles.

I've even been threatened when I am the victim in this whole affair and I've also been accused of stealing...

You'd think after all these years of generously contributing for this community and asking nothing in return I would at least have a little more support (or even just a little faith in me) but I guess people just want to be greedy, take advantage and take all the tiles they want from me when I already provide plenty of public tiles. Why isn't this enough?

That said, I still haven't decided yet - But this has certainly opened my eyes to how pointless everything I've done for pokecommunity must have been when everyone turns on me like this simply for proving that someone is stealing from me.

Last edited:

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
    Ah no way man. Don't do it. You would crush so many games in both ROM hacking and Game Development sections.
    Don't let one or two people bring your spirits down.
    I don't want to say anything to get this thread closed, but the whole thing that happened in the game development section.... It should be put behind you. While newer members might not know he was stealing, the people who have been around a long time in the section know the truth... The only person that lost any respect was the game developer involved, not you.

Your tiles are loved by whole community and it would be such a shame to everybody if you didn't make any of the tiles public.
    Speaking for myself, as a developer who uses your tiles: Please don't take any drastic action.

Exiled~Shadow

Once, JJMcay Now Exiled~Shadow
    Years
    I just read the post in your signature and i now feel really bad for pestering you about tiles... I understand why you would want to remove them and it is entirely up to you, i reely hope you don't because i now how many people will be disappointed but i also know that more and more people will begin to steal... I am sure you will make the right decision for yourself and the community....

~JJMcay

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2024
    I dont think people realize how serious this is though. My private tiles I'm planning on using for a portfolio I've spent my whole life making so that I could get a job from that. All my effort would be wasted if my work is just stolen all over the internet. I know it seems like I'm making a big deal out of it but it just needs to start with one person and then other people start to do it too because they think "oh if this big popular person can do it and not even get punished then so can I."

Even things like using nearly the exact same pallettes that I took hours to come up with, changing, fixing, changing again, experimenting - and someone just comes along and takes it in a few minutes?

Obviously the message I keep being told is if you don't want your work to be stolen then don't show anyone or let anyone use it - which I've always resented because I enjoy showing people my work and hearing their ideas.

I probably won't take down the public tiles just because Captain arcane is a great friend of mine and I wouldn't do that to him seeing all the trouble he's gone to to convert it over. I just wanted people to take me seriously I guess, but I can see in hindsight that I have acted quite rash.

Anyway this wasnt meant to be about any particular person but just on the general topic of stealing, as more than one person has done it in the past throughout my spriting life. The last thing I want is this topic to be closed, so I do agree this should all be put behind me as soon as possible so I can move - but I would like at least some closure first. I haven't made this post to name names or insult people, that doesn't fix anything or make me feel any better.

mulch_ar

What should I type here?
    Years
    Owh, I just started making a fangame last week using your tiles and I must delete my tileset and start all over again :X . But that's ok, It's your tiles. Still supportin your game ^^

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2024
    Oh no please don't...I am sorry. I shall edit my posts. I made these tiles to be used by the public, so thats what they should be used for.
    I'm sorry guys for acting like a jerk. I know in a fight theres never one person who is completely to blame so I accept that part of it is my fault for not having sorted it out sooner when it wasn't such a big issue.

Everyone else feel free to just ignore me and my silly drama...

To make up for this guys, let me put together one big image of all my public tiles to avoid confusion. It shall have all the outdoors, indoors, caves, and even the new DP overworlds I made for myself.

mulch_ar

What should I type here?
    Years
    Thanks, Kyledove. I know how "a person who made such a beautiful tiles and somebody steal it and not giving credit" feeling. Keep up the good work, Kyledove.

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2024
    Kyledove's Official Sinnoh tileset project

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2014
    just WOW. O.o I love those Overworlds and Cave tiles. Great work.

Exiled~Shadow

Years
    OMG!!! I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!! These rock!! i am so glad that you decided to release the OW to public rather then each person having to request them.

EDIT: i just noticed that your blue shrimp fakemon and its evo are there in the bottom left hand corner...

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    I love the tilesets :D
    And the overworlds look excellent. :)
    A few that stand out for me are Giratina, Wailord, Kyogre, Milotic, Swampert, Rayquaza, Arceus and Salamence. The one next to Lotad is Luvdisc, right?
    Andis the one next to Quagsire Corphish? Apart from that, i'm sure I know what the others are XD

Its good to hear the tiles which are Public are still public. I feel really sorry for you, and at the end of the day, you are the victim. Anyway, I wont go onto the subject but the tiles look amazing and you should feel proud.

Also, what is the one above Starly on the right side? I cant figure that one out XD

Exiled~Shadow

Years
    I love the tilesets :D
    And the overworlds look excellent. :)
    A few that stand out for me are Giratina, Wailord, Kyogre, Milotic, Swampert, Rayquaza, Arceus and Salamence. The one next to Lotad is Luvdisc, right?
    Andis the one next to Quagsire Corphish? Apart from that, i'm sure I know what the others are XD

Its good to hear the tiles which are Public are still public. I feel really sorry for you, and at the end of the day, you are the victim. Anyway, I wont go onto the subject but the tiles look amazing and you should feel proud.

Also, what is the one above Starly on the right side? I cant figure that one out XD

I think the one above startly is another of his fakemon he accidentaly included...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back