• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Kyledove's Official Sinnoh tileset project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lover's Kite

[b]the age of empathy[/b]
Years
  • This is the only thread I visit in the Art Gallery forum. :'D
    I really like you overworlds they're beautiful and look really nice~ ^^
    And I really like the tiles. Very nice.

Hey guys, I've been thinking about removing permission for all my tiles from now on. It seems there is a lot of confusion about which can and can't be used (apparently.) so people suggest I should just make them all off limits.

Honestly, It really upsets me to think after all I've done for the pokemon fangame making community in the past 5 years, there are people actually getting away with stealing and this forum is choosing to let them get away with it unpunished. I can't think of anyone else who has contributed more to this community than myself. Wow I sound really stuck up here - but the majority of all fangames (around the world) now seem to use my sinnoh tiles - without them we'd still be stuck using fr/lg tiles which are like 5 years old.

To think, I had actually made and completed this pokemon game where you go around in a fairground playing minigames with pokemon for this community and was really close to releasing it - which I'm never gonna do now. All I would get is even more stealing of my tiles.

I've even been threatened when I am the victim in this whole affair and I've also been accused of stealing...

You'd think after all these years of generously contributing for this community and asking nothing in return I would at least have a little more support (or even just a little faith in me) but I guess people just want to be greedy, take advantage and take all the tiles they want from me when I already provide plenty of public tiles. Why isn't this enough?

That said, I still haven't decided yet - But this has certainly opened my eyes to how pointless everything I've done for pokecommunity must have been when everyone turns on me like this simply for proving that someone is stealing from me.

I agree with you, but you need to understand that if post anything on the [internet] it will be stolen. NO matter what it is, there's always chance somebody will use it without your permission. You should read PC's updated Terms of Service.

However making them offlimits is your prerogative, but you can't go "Like these tiles? No one can use them though." Or at least on PC you can't. =\ Because some idiot will still decide to use them thinking they will not get caught.

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2024
    Danja - no I wasnt aware of any new terms, someone anonymously left this comment on my account
    "Just so you know, PC does not approve of stealing other's work. It's in the regular forum rules. @ https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=91723"

All it says about theft is that PC bans people permanently for stealing > which has happened and I can prove > no one has been banned not even for a day. Even following their infraction system - you should be able to see if anyone gets any yellow/red cards or any warnings, which I havent seen at all.
    The longer this goes on unsolved, the longer other people seem to think its okay and are starting to imitate it.

JJMcay - I think you're a bit confused. Saturated means full of colour and bright - Desaturated means lacking colour. These as you can see are the desaturated tiles. I do not have any other versions of these tiles, this is how they were created - desaturated only.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2024
    Course you can call me kyle hehe. I think it should be pretty easy to do that, I bet I can even use the cave entrances for it.

Lover's Kite

Years
  • Danja - no I wasnt aware of any new terms, someone anonymously left this comment on my account
    "Just so you know, PC does not approve of stealing other's work. It's in the regular forum rules. @ https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=91723"

All it says about theft is that PC bans people permanently for stealing > which has happened and I can prove > no one has been banned not even for a day. Even following their infraction system - you should be able to see if anyone gets any yellow/red cards or any warnings, which I havent seen at all.
    The longer this goes on unsolved, the longer other people seem to think its okay and are starting to imitate it.

The PC Terms of Service were updated recently:
    User Content License. For all User Content you post, upload, or otherwise make available ("Provide") to pokecommunity.com, you grant pokecommunity.com (PC, TPC, and/or the PokeCommunity™), its affiliates and related entities, including pokecommunity.com and its affiliated newspapers, Web sites, and broadcast stations, a worldwide, royalty-free, revocable, non-exclusive right and license to use, copy, reproduce, distribute, publish, publicly perform, publicly display, archive, and store said User Content, subject to user approval. Users may "opt-out" by requesting their User Content be removed or deleted from the Community and/or its archives.

Here's a thread with some more information on that: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=167243

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2024
    Danja - I didnt want to get into the legal side of it but as per the post:
    "If you'd like, nothing is stopping you from implicitly stating your submitted content under a license term such as Creative Commons, etc."

My work is under the Creative Commons license term since It's up on deviant art which has its own Creative Commons license term.

Lover's Kite

Years
  • Danja - I didnt want to get into the legal side of it but as per the post:
    "If you'd like, nothing is stopping you from implicitly stating your submitted content under a license term such as Creative Commons, etc."

My work is under the Creative Commons license term since It's up on deviant art which has its own Creative Commons license term.

I'm not trying to go against you. XD
    But isn't that deviantArt only? :\ Not PC?

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    Well, Kyledove... you must be going through a lot of stress now, and any decisions you make would most likely be fine with us, considering how generous you were to us all in the past.

Anyways, would you be able to add some of your older, non D/P tiles to that sheet? :D
    I always have a troublesome time finding the older ones you made.
    You can't beat the classics :)

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    Sure I can try to find them and put them up if you really want them!
    Thanks a load! I love your old tiles. I would use your newer ones, but everyone's been using them, and it'd be somewhat unoriginal.
    Thanks though :D

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
  • Wow, man, this whole deal sucks. I hate that people aren't happy enough with what you give them, that they have to steal your private works. It's really sickening, if you ask me. Anyways, off that dreary topic, onto a nice one. I absloutely love you dude. Thank you so much for all the tiles and OWs you have made, for us to use, it's really awesome. I agree with Disturbed, I would really like to see a nice big sheet of all your old tiles because, like he said, they are a bit had to find :P Keep up the great work dude, and remember, there are some honest people here on the internet. Please keep it up, and keep a cheery attitude:D Hopefully we will never have to go through this again.

mulch_ar

What should I type here?
    Years
  • Oh Kyle you didn't have to do this, It's awesome! You have worked very hard to make it. The OW's are perfect, I just love the swimming OW's

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2016
    Hey Kyledove. I just saw the big image of all the public tiles we can use, and I noticed there were so many that I didn't see from before! Like the cave tiles and half of those houses. I think maybe you should put that image on the first post because that way it would be way more effective.

Thanks again Kyledove, and just so you know about 98% of the people here support you and hate anyone that steals from you. Keep it up man.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back