• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Last edited by Inkpuddle; Today at 07:59 AM.

Stellar

Minior used Cosmic Power!
Years
  • So how often do *you* use the Edit button, and for what reasons do you do it?

Just a little while ago (at 7:59 AM, if you couldn't tell) I was rewording a post of mine and realized: damn, I edit my posts a lot. Most of the time it's not even to fix an error, it's just to swap out a word or two so that the overall message sounds better. Other times I do it to include a thought I had seconds after posting, which is at least a little bit less neurotic on my part. :D

Hiche

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 16, 2010
    A lot. Many of my posts are edited, seeing as I always have a grammatical error or something. Sometimes I edit it fast, so the 'Last edited by Hiche' won't show.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    I mostly edit my posts (if I have to) as soon as I look at my post and go "Umm..no, that doesn't sound right." XD
    So the Last Edited by Binary part doesn't show.

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen Mar 19, 2024
    I usually do it immediately after posting (even though I usually use advanced mode and preview-edit-preview), either to add something I just thought of, reword something, or on occasion, catch a typo I missed before.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    I usually edit typos and errors as soon as I posted it, so the "Last edited by [name]" doesn't show up sometimes.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • I tend to post, then think of something else or notice a typo or want to reword, then edit really fast so nobody sees.

Or edit fast if I got ninja'd in The One Above or any counting game.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Whenever I see a typo or I typed something that sounded kinda rude, even tho I didn't mean it :o

Years
  • If I can help it, I always use the edit button within the 5 minutes of that post so that "Last edited" thing doesn't show up. Just for the usual stuff: typos, awkwardly worded statements, adding clarity, etc.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I edit my posts all the time because I usually hit the post button before proof reading it, or I'll change my mind about what I want to write. I'm always unsatisfied with posts I make so quite a lot of them have that edit line.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    It's a common thing for me to do. I read through my posts a lot before actually posting them, but even then I end up changing things. Most edits are minor, usually rewording or addition of one or two sentences, but some posts have been almost entirely rewritten. PC might be a large and fairly active site but it's not all that fast-moving, so being quoted on a previous version of a post doesn't tend to happen.

I also have a tendancy of deleting my posts, but I've cut down on that since passing the notion that if I'm not sure I want to post, simply not to anyway. I'll spend 5–30 minutes on any given post so it's a lot of wasted time, you'd think, but I more enjoy making them than seeing others' responses.

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
    Years
  • I tend to edit my posts a fair bit, BUT if I see a typo, or I want to add something more so I don't double post or post again. I do proof read before I actually post, but there are just some things that tend to go over my head.

Years
  • I pretty much edit a third of my posts within the five minutes before the "Last Edited" tag shows up. I usually edit to tie up grammar issues, fix typos, add a point I think would be relevant and constructive, or to remove anything I think might be a bit out of line.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Editing posts is a relatively uncommon task for me. When I have something else I forgot to say in addition to the original post, I edit that post. I also edit when I'm "ninja'd," but that doesn't happen often.

jujuju

The Guelah Papyrus
    Years
  • I really only use it when I want to make a separate statement, but I don't want to double post. For example, if I make a post and then nobody replies and then I want to make a completely different point, I will combine them. I usually let my mistakes stand the way they are.

Years
  • If I've stuffed up the spelling of words or something after posting I'll usually go back and edit it. Most of the time the "Last Edited" doesn't show up because I edit within five or so minutes of posting. I also edit when I either don't want to double post or I'm adding something to a current post (eg. something I just noticed or just checked).

Zebeedoo

Always remember to smile. ~
    Years
  • I don't edit my posts often. Even if there was a slight typo that wasn't really noticable, I'd just leave it. Though if it was easy to spot, I'd edit it. Or if I had something to add on to the post that I forgot about.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • I edit my posts quite a lot. Usually to put in an extra thought or change a word or so just to make my overall post sound more pleasant. On the odd occasion though, it is to change a typo or undo a caps I accidentally put in, when I missed it.

Back