• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Last One to Post Wins! v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

StCooler

Mayst thou thy peace discover.
Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    I legit spent five minutes just wondering which move I would mention after the evolution, but I couldn't find any that fits ^^"

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Upping your defense is very important in these times...

StCooler

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    "Dead weight" = me playing top lane on League of Legends :(

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Some decisions in games are very weird. Sure, it's funny to see someone bring in a Magikarp into a raid battle (like, it's funny the first time). But when you end up failing a bunch of raids just because of these decisions it really gets annoying.

Years
  • Like how the AI would just casually pick up mons that are worse than what they originally had along the way during Dynamax Adventures so that the team doesn't stand a chance against the legendary. I lost track of how many times I lost against legendary mons in DA due to bad AI decisions.
    That said, online sometimes isn't much better 😂

StCooler

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    I am pretty sure there is no AI in Pokémon games. In Pokémon Essentials (the main framework for RPG Maker Pokémon fangames), wild Pokémons randomly pick their moves. I am SURE that's what "basic" trainers do in official games.

Duck

🦆 quack quack
    Years
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    Some decisions in games are very weird. Sure, it's funny to see someone bring in a Magikarp into a raid battle (like, it's funny the first time). But when you end up failing a bunch of raids just because of these decisions it really gets annoying.

Or when they use a move the opponent is immune (due to an ability like Levitate or Dry Skin) and don't get the memo that that move is not gonna do anything (or worse, help the opponent).

So they keep using it.

That was a fun raid.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I am pretty sure there is no AI in Pokémon games. In Pokémon Essentials (the main framework for RPG Maker Pokémon fangames), wild Pokémons randomly pick their moves. I am SURE that's what "basic" trainers do in official games.
    At least in gen 1 there were two types of AI: random AI and "smart" AI. The smart AI can do fancy stuff like using a Potion in the same turn they were attacked (or even not attacked and still at full HP). They also know what type is effective against their opponent so they can spam Barrier against a Poison type for all eternity. xD

Years
  • I am pretty sure there is no AI in Pokémon games. In Pokémon Essentials (the main framework for RPG Maker Pokémon fangames), wild Pokémons randomly pick their moves. I am SURE that's what "basic" trainers do in official games.

The regular trainers are kinda brain-dead yeah, but at least in the Battle Tower the opponents are smarter.
    One of my opponents in the gen 8 battle tower knew my mon was locked into a ground type move, and switched out into a flying type. It was my last mon so I was kinda effed.
    Just one example, but there were other smart plays by Battle Tower trainers too. Maybe the AI is reserved for Battle Tower/postgame facilities... idk @_@

Duck

🦆 quack quack
    Years
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    Yeah, they scale the AI levels according to location.

StCooler

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    I have never had the feeling that the AI knew about type effectiveness, except when fighting Gym Leaders or Elite Four and the likes.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Trainers are just indless hordes that are supposed to wear you down. Which is kinda pointless nowadays because you get healed constantly. Tbh., at this point I wouldn't even mind if GF actually implemented a mechanic into new games that healed your party after every battle, but with restrictions in terms what the player has available. A lot of games already do that, anyway.

StCooler

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    These few posts made me realise that maybe Pokémon is not for me then XD
    Farewell then, it was great knowing you!
    Spoiler:

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Better than just realizing that this is, indeed, not a Digimon forum. It was quite the shock. :(

Duck

🦆 quack quack
    Years
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    Did you really? Or did you just trick yourself into believing you won?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back