• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Last One to Post Wins! v3

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    A little bit more narrative would definitely be interesting. The regions in Pokemon games do feel very "game-y".

Years
    Something like in Fallout/Elder Scrolls where you can get certain perks that unlock dialogue options that would otherwise not be there would be dope.

Gotta fight a grunt? No you can just scare them off!
    Gotta do a tricky gym puzzle? Just insult the gym leader into disabling it and fighting them straight away! 😈
    A Pokemon just won't get in the ball? Just remind it of what you will do to it and it's family if it doesn't comply! 😇

Obviously never gonna happen though =P

StCooler

Mayst thou thy peace discover.
    Years
    • Seen today
    I find Skyrim's system of intimidation/persuasion very cheap but Pokémon games would definitely benefit from it.
    And from the graphics too.
    I'm not exactly "impressed" by very high quality graphics, in general I run most of my games in "low quality" just to prevent my GPU from burning.

A little bit more narrative would definitely be interesting. The regions in Pokemon games do feel very "game-y".

I would say, most "traditional" games by Nintendo are very game-y: Mario, Zelda, Pokémon... Honestly I love this choice. I do like games with a good story but I also like games with a poor story but a good gameplay. I'm playing videogames to play, not to watch cutscenes and read texts!

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I would say, most "traditional" games by Nintendo are very game-y: Mario, Zelda, Pokémon... Honestly I love this choice. I do like games with a good story but I also like games with a poor story but a good gameplay. I'm playing videogames to play, not to watch cutscenes and read texts!
    I'm talking mainly about environmental story telling. The world not only needs to be convincing. But it also needs to feel like the NPCs actually live there. Banger lines like "I love Pokemon" or "Pokemon are great" aren't actually saying anything about the NPC I'm talking to. Give them some personality, even if it's just a little. And I'm not talking about fleshing out every single one of the. Given that there's a lot of NPCs in the games that's a lot of work. But at least give us something.

You know what I'm saying?

Years
    • Seen today
    I would have liked to have explorable houses.

Not having enterable buildings made the world more soulless.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Tbh, I don't have much to say to 12-yo kids I don't know ^^"
    But you still have friends you talk to and stuff you have to do. Or you you run in circles all day speaking to yourself how great roads are? :P

StCooler

Years
    • Seen today
    Maybe Game Freak needs help. We could give them a link to Pokémon Essentials so they can make good games again.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    It's more likely that Nintendo starts chasing down anyone related to it in order to shut things down for good. :(

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    seeing that post out of context on the new page, it could mean anything

Years
    Clearly it means they're gonna hunt down any who oppose me having the win :coolcat:

Honestly I don't think Scarlet/Violet are bad games. They just lack some polish.
    Spoiler:

StCooler

Years
    • Seen today
    What is say in your spoiler tag is beynd my understanding. Do you mean that Scarlet/Violet are not level-scaled? Even Skyrim did that 11 years ago -_-

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Yeah, SV has a strange way it expects people to play through it. Most people (myself included) play through the games using a map that lists level recommendations. I suspect they expect people to check the level of wild Pokemon and somewhat figure out that way where they are supposed to go.

And it's not that Skyrim is so much better at balancing stuff. I'm currently watching a 20 hour review on the game. And I sure forgot how many flaws there are. xD

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    That's basically what I did, checking the wild Pokémon! And then...
    Spoiler:

Years
    What is say in your spoiler tag is beynd my understanding. Do you mean that Scarlet/Violet are not level-scaled? Even Skyrim did that 11 years ago -_-

Nope, not for the gyms, nor the team star bases nor the titans.
    The Bug Gym was a joke as a result xD as well as the Flying titan, Dark Team Star base and Water Gym.

I'm not gonna turn back from an area if my mons can handle the wild mons there and still listen to me. My team members have never disobeyed me. The only one that did that was a Shelgon I was raising into Salamence just for the Dex xD

Last edited:

StCooler

Years
    • Seen today
    Yeah, SV has a strange way it expects people to play through it. Most people (myself included) play through the games using a map that lists level recommendations. I suspect they expect people to check the level of wild Pokemon and somewhat figure out that way where they are supposed to go.

And it's not that Skyrim is so much better at balancing stuff. I'm currently watching a 20 hour review on the game. And I sure forgot how many flaws there are. xD
    20-hour?! :O Send the link!

I'm playing more Skyrim than LoL recently. LoL is infamous for being an unbalanced mess. Skyrim has many flaws but I wouldn't say it's unbalanced! Although I'm not sure about the vanilla game, because I have like 180 mods on it!

Years
    • Seen today
    Vanilla Skyrim has now shown it's age. However the mods and support for mods from the developers really help it shine.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    20-hour?! :O Send the link!

I'm playing more Skyrim than LoL recently. LoL is infamous for being an unbalanced mess. Skyrim has many flaws but I wouldn't say it's unbalanced! Although I'm not sure about the vanilla game, because I have like 180 mods on it!
    I'll just send the link to the channel. :P

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back