• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Latias or Latios?

Latias or Latios?

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2022
    Well, I preffer Latias. I have one on my team adn she's just a beast :)
    She has the both sides: can take strong attacks and make them too

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Latios, because they aren't green and after green, my favorite color is blue!! XD

Justin H@CKR

I like Latios better, for the pure fact that he was the first legendary I caught without a Master Ball.
    But I'm sure there are better reasons to like either of them.
    I agree with you, Latias is not only better but also appealing. The first legendary pokemon I caught without a master ball was Palkia, and that was also the first legendary pokemon I've ever caught. (I used a net ball) You see, I havent ever played Pokemon until I was 10. That was the first Pokemon game I got and It's my favorite.

Last edited:

darkpokeball

Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o
    Years
  • Oh dear.

Latios:
    PROS:
    Male, older brother. I like that, and how he can be used as kind of that role model.
    CONS:
    He's too serious. Plus, I don't enjoy his appearance as much as Latias.

Latias:
    PROS:
    Awesome appearance, cute. Seems pretty cool.
    CONS:
    She is too...strange, annoying little-sister like.

So, I don't know. I have Ruby version, which I think gets me Latios...however I enjoy Latias's aesthetic appearance more. I'd have to declare myself as neutral until further notice.

Hydro Pumper

Water Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • Latios because he's blue, which is my favourite colour, and also just in general his appearance appeals to me more. Plus I prefer offence, which Latios is better at imo. :P

Spritingyoshi22

That guy over there
    Years
  • I like them both but my vote has to go to Latias. Because i spent loads of time going round Hoenn to catch her (I used my Master Ball on a Magneton as i was like 7 and thought i could buy another one) and because Latias is very cute in the movie Pokemon Heros. :)

dooxer

42 or not 42
    Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2013
    mist ball must be my favorite move, after areoblast.

Latios just doesnt seem to fit in... why so serious?

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Latias for appearance, cry and being one of the few defensive Dragon-types; it's a type very suitable for defence.

Eclispe

Beginning PsyDragon Master
    Years
    • Seen Feb 29, 2012
    I cannot say. Choosing between Latias and Latios is like having to choose between vanilla and chocolate ice cream. They are equal in my eyes.

Sirius

Wrong Thread.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2013
    Sapphire was my first GBA game and 3rd Pokemon game so I would have to lean towards Latias just because it was the one originally exclusive to Sapphire.

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Oct 5, 2022
    Personally, I like them both equally. But if I had to choose, I'd pick Latias because the first third generation game I owned was Sapphire Version (and I caught her before Latios).

Years
    • DC
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    Eh neither of them particulary spoke to me. Just a novelty gender difference since gender difference were added to this gen.

Back