• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Lazy Mafia

Years
  • Okay, Melody hasn't posted yet and I don't even think she's viewed this thread since the phase changed over, and given the fact she'll die unless she votes (which, since it hasn't happened yet, doesn't seem too likely, which would also neatly waste all the votes cast so far), I may as well share my misgivings about a Melody lynch.

Okay, so here goes. Once, in another game, in the past, I said that it wasn't my job to justify bad scum play. Well, this is not merely bad scum play; this is horrible awful no-good very bad scum play. Imagine this: you decide to defend a scum teammate. You know - not merely guess, not just have a bad feeling, not just draw attention, but know with 100% certainty - that this scum buddy will become confirmed scum within the next two days. So why on earth would you choose that scum buddy's defense as the hill you want to die on?

Anyway, that's just my thinking, and the bigger point is that Melody might just die anyway. Aeternum's done nothing so far and Neko pointed out that his excuse is a load of crap, so [Lynch] Aeternum

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • Yeah, all of you are wasting your votes and burning an innocent. As usual. People just love to lazily scumread me and call it a day. It's frustrating as ever.

I usually stick to my guns, get used to it, it's how I try to force mafia out.

As for the delay, I check UG daily, when I'm not covered in housework.

Last edited:

Sawsbuck

used Jump Kick! It's super effective!
    Years
  • Yeah, all of you are wasting your votes and burning an innocent. As usual. People just love to lazily scumread me and call it a day. It's frustrating as ever.

I usually stick to my guns, get used to it, it's how I try to force mafia out.

As for the delay, I check UG daily, when I'm not covered in housework.

Do you have any ideas on who might be scum then?

Years
  • Okay, this line of inquiry is obviously going nowhere in a real big hurry, and it's looking like Melody is going to get herself modkilled which wastes lynching her, so I encourage the rest of you who read this post to vote to lynch Aeternum so that we don't waste today's lynch.

Please and thank you.

Bidoof FTW

[cd=font-family:carter one; font-size:13pt; color:
    Years
  • Didn't even think about her getting modkilled, that combined with your point about her being diehard defending Purple makes me think she has the potential of being townie in a bad spot, I still think she has a higher possibility of being scum over town, but agree that we shouldn't waste the lynch.

[yeet] Melody
    [Vote] Aeternum

Last edited:

Sparkin

I finished re-reading the thread (I actually know everything that's happening).

About Melody's case, I could say yes, but defending scum is nothing to be overlooked at.

Anyway, I'm going to have to disagree with aeternum being mafia though. There's no reason for mafia to say anything at EoD. Were he of mafia, he'd have avoided posting at EoD, meaning that he'd claim that he was silenced either yesterday or today.
    The reason we haven't seen much of him is because he was actually silenced.
    I've experienced this situation before, and I can say with confidence that scum is in the group of peope that push a lynch on the silenced player.

Only one way to find out:

In the meantime: [Vote] TUSF

Sparkin

Anyway, I'm going to have to disagree with aeternum being mafia though. There's no reason for mafia to say anything at EoD. Were he of mafia, he'd have avoided posting at EoD, meaning that he'd claim that he was silenced either yesterday or today.
    The reason we haven't seen much of him is because he was actually silenced.
    I've experienced this situation before, and I can say with confidence that scum is in the group of peope that push a lynch on the silenced player.

Read.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    There has been a distinct lack of mafia members dying in this one.

Sparkin

[Vote] TUSF
    Adding to the points I've made yesterday, it's possible that TUSF thought that Nicki could've survived the lynch and voted SparkinBP, thinking that he'd be the one lynched that day.

Bidoof FTW

[cd=font-family:carter one; font-size:13pt; color:
    Years
  • @sparkin, when I first read your post I was really unsure of where you were coming from, especially considering I've had TUSF as a townread for a while. but after looking back I can see that sawsbuck seemed quite confused on what he really wanted to do. He seemed hesitant to believe nicki (maybe because he knew if she went down it would look bad for him), but believed her and voted you until you called him out as scum for his actions, to which he voted no one. I'm not sure that he's the one I'd vote today, but I see the signs and will be thinking this over through the day.

One thing I want to take us back to is Pecelia, our failure to lynch scum had me looking back through the thread, and I know I said Pecelia is looking less scummy to me earlier, but looking back I really feel like I didn't have much of a reason to think that, his posts lately have seemed pretty sheepy and the d1 incident is still lingering in my head. I'd say it's a scumlean for me.

One possibility I was thinking of when looking back through this thread is Kiyo, the guy sparkin replaced. It is very possible that Kiyo could've been mafia, and Sparkin is using his previous experience as town to validate and lead a mislynch. I think that if for some reason the Saws wagon goes through and he flips town, Sparkin could be worth looking into.

I'm quite unsure where to go with this day phase right now. What do you guys think?

Last edited:

Sawsbuck

used Jump Kick! It's super effective!
    Years
  • Alright, let's add one more scum then.

[Vote] TUSF
    Adding to the points I've made yesterday, it's possible that TUSF thought that Nicki could've survived the lynch and voted SparkinBP, thinking that he'd be the one lynched that day.

I'm a vt...
    I simply got really confused as to who to believe and for a while I unfortunately believed Nicki (which judging from past instances I really shouldn't have lol)

I switched my vote to a No One vote because I got really confused and simply didn't want this sort of thing happening in case the wrong person got lynched, we don't need any more innos getting lynched

I don't really have any ideas on who might be scum right now tbqh although you seem a bit odd for trying to start the usual "TUSF is confused and unknowingly defending scum, lets lynch him" wagon

Last edited:

Sparkin

I simply got really confused as to who to believe and for a while I unfortunately believed Nicki (which judging from past instances I really shouldn't have lol)

I switched my vote to a No One vote because I simply didn't want this sort of thing happening in case the wrong person got lynched, we don't need any more innos getting lynched

I don't really have any ideas on who might be scum right now tbqh although you seem a bit odd for trying to start the usual "TUSF is confused and unknowingly defending scum, lets lynch him" wagon
    Don't put words into my mouth. If someone acts scummy, even if it's town, that's not something that we should just let it go, when it could be possible scum.
    You can try to blame me as much as you want, but your actions are scummy.

@sparkin, when I first read your post I was really unsure of where you were coming from, especially considering I've had TUSF as a townread for a while. but after looking back I can see that sawsbuck seemed quite confused on what he really wanted to do. He seemed hesitant to believe nicki (maybe because he knew if she went down it would look bad for him), but believed her and voted you until you called him out as scum for his actions, to which he voted no one. I'm not sure that he's the one I'd vote today, but I see the signs and will be thinking this over through the day.

One thing I want to take us back to is Pecelia, our failure to lynch scum had me looking back through the thread, and I know I said Pecelia is looking less scummy to me earlier, but looking back I really feel like I didn't have much of a reason to think that, his posts lately have seemed pretty sheepy and the d1 incident is still lingering in my head. I'd say it's a scumlean for me.

One possibility I was thinking of when looking back through this thread is Kiyo, the guy sparkin replaced. It is very possible that Kiyo could've been mafia, and Sparkin is using his previous experience as town to validate and lead a mislynch. I think that if for some reason the Saws wagon goes through and he flips town, Sparkin could be worth looking into.

I'm quite unsure where to go with this day phase right now. What do you guys think?

Lynching scum could be as easy as stealing candy from a baby if we analyze more.
    Pecilia
    TheUncreativeSawsbuckFan
    Neko Maid Kapper
    Bidoof FTW
    EvilChameleon
    Excluding myself, because I know I'm a vanilla, Mia because she's bomb, these are the ones that need to be looked at. The one that I think that's town is alvey, since there was no reason for scum to say something at EoD.
    All that's left to do is find 3 more town and the resting two are scum.

Also, seeing Sawsbuck flip will give more information about Pecilia, regarding my thoughts. If Sawsbuck is scum, therefore Pecilia is clear since he's not the type to buss scum early D1.

Pecilia

Best Witch
    Years
  • One thing I want to take us back to is Pecelia, our failure to lynch scum had me looking back through the thread, and I know I said Pecelia is looking less scummy to me earlier, but looking back I really feel like I didn't have much of a reason to think that, his posts lately have seemed pretty sheepy and the d1 incident is still lingering in my head. I'd say it's a scumlean for me.

How can you say I'm sheeping when I pushed onto Melody, who in all fairness did hard defend scum with very little intuition as to why, that makes literally no sense. This actually has me a slight scum read on you.

Also TUSF is an odd read to me. He's very indecisive which could mean he's genuinely unsure on what to do, or that he's mafia trying to be town.

Neko is next on the list, I don't really like his recent posts, especially calling out aeternum on his silence when, if it wasn't for mafia meddling, he would've been modkilled or replaced by now.

EvilChameleon to me right now is just a nullread. I'm more interested into looking into Neko, TUSF, and Doof. Right now.

Last edited:
    Back