• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Leak and rumor discussion.

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
Years
attachment.php

hello i see a ride mantine

Alexander18

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 29, 2017
I doubt mantine is a ride pokemon. If it is then it is not a very good one. What is with the news we are getting lately? It has not gotten better at all.

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
Years
I doubt mantine is a ride pokemon. If it is then it is not a very good one. What is with the news we are getting lately? It has not gotten better at all.

Two new Pok?mon have been revealed for crying out loud. After today's news dump, I was hoping you would be happy.

Years
Two new Pok?mon have been revealed for crying out loud. After today's news dump, I was hoping you would be happy.

Don't bother with him, no matter what news comes out, he will never be satisfied. If he thinks the games are going to be bad, then to him, they will be bad. That's the way he sees it and even if we do get major information that will blow our minds, he will probably find some way to say that he still thinks the games would be terrible. I'm satisfied with about any news so I think I'll be fine.

Alexander18

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 29, 2017
That is not a cause to celebrate. New pokemon are only suppose to be introduce at the start of the gen. Not the middlr. Does not feel natural.

Don't bother with him, no matter what news comes out, he will never be satisfied. If he thinks the games are going to be bad, then to him, they will be bad. That's the way he sees it and even if we do get major information that will blow our minds, he will probably find some way to say that he still thinks the games would be terrible. I'm satisfied with about any news so I think I'll be fine.
I appreciate it if you don't talk about me to others. I have the right to like or dislike news.

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
Years

I'm hoping to see new artwork for Gladion and Hau.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 16, 2022
It won't have USUM news. We just some random 3DS and Switch games. Pokken Tournament might happen but not USUM. Nintendo Direct and Corocoro are clearly empty.

We had zero info one month. That itself is evidence.

No it isn't. There are nintendo directs without pokemon main series news. Even ones without any pokemon related things.

No. Don't need to since we had a month without news before.

Direct would have nothing. I don't see USUM in it. Corocoro proved how unlikely we are getting more news for this month. Getting only the names of the new forms is not a hype builder.

burstth.jpg
assemblyth.jpg

Sorry, I had to :P

I understand you may not be excited since you don't feel like they're hyping these game up enough or adding new content, but I think being so negative towards things is just setting yourself up for disappointment. I'm not overly excited for these games either, but I'm trying to remain as optimistic as I can :)

Alexander18

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 29, 2017
burstth.jpg
assemblyth.jpg

Sorry, I had to :P

I understand you may not be excited since you don't feel like they're hyping these game up enough or adding new content, but I think being so negative towards things is just setting yourself up for disappointment. I'm not overly excited for these games either, but I'm trying to remain as optimistic as I can :)
Well i am still getting the games. I go through the whole thing before making a permanent opinion about. I decided to accept the new ultra beast after thinking about it a bit more. Ultra beasts live in ultra space and not many people know about. So it is possible that there is Ultra Beasts that we do not about.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Looks like a new location that wasn't in S/M.

Also, I wonder if this means Mantine will be in the New Alola Dex? I mean, all of S/M's rides barring Charizard were in the Alola Dex there.

Probably, sadly this means that Mantine will not be getting an Alolan form, or at least it doesn't seem like it.

Has the Chinese Riddler made a return? With new pokemon, I am wondering if there will be more Ultra Beasts other than the two reveled. I would have thought he made a return.

I guess it is time to start paying more attention to trailer we get, there may be a surprise. I think new Alolan Forms are a given, even though we have no info atm.

blue

gucci
Years
Mantine being one of the new Pok? Rides makes me think we'll either have a few extra new Pok?mon for Poke Ride, or all of the existing will be replaced with different Pok?mon but still have the same function.

Last edited:

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 7, 2020
I'm actually pretty happy to see the clip with Mantine as being a possible riding pokemon for two reasons. First is that I'm really hoping that Mantine is going to be used for Diving and that is a feature that I have really missed. The second thing about the Mantine clip that I'm excited about is the location looks like it will probably be a completely new area that we haven't explored before. I really want there to be more territory to explore in Alola, so this looks pretty promising.

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
A good idea to follow is that if there's a pokemon game coming out and it's a direct, then it's getting Pokemon news. Cororo isn't being used as often anymore for new info since the flow of videos/ directs for gen 7 were easy and plentiful. I wouldn't be surprised if gen 8 just never featured in corocoro with new info atm.

I'm surprised there were no leaks for new ride pokemon. I also am surprised there has been no new Alolan forms yet.

However I'm keeping an eye on that one "leak" that hasn't been wrong so far.

Years
Z25 has a point. CoroCoro now seems to focus towards other franchises like Yo-Kai Watch, which now dominates the articles in there instead of Pokemon.

The success of the trailers leading up to S/M's release has seen Game Freak and TPC notice that it's the way to go, but will still have the stuff from them covered in CoroCoro for those who haven't seen the trailer.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
What leak hasn't been wrong so far? I haven't really seen any big, reliable ones. In fact, I haven't really seen any other than the Johto Alolan Forms.

Also, I would assume Mantine will be something similar to Sharpedo, but with a different ability. To me it would seem odd to replace Lapras as a ride pokemon with Mantine, who is known to fly and not really used to surf with. However, he does dive a lot.

Last edited:
Years
So with Mantine (and Mantyke) likely being in the New Alola Dex, I should expect the Remoraid line in there as well considering Mantyke needs a Remoraid in the party to evolve, which explains why the two lines tend to appear together in the regional Dexes.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
So with Mantine (and Mantyke) likely being in the New Alola Dex, I should expect the Remoraid line in there as well considering Mantyke needs a Remoraid in the party to evolve, which explains why the two lines tend to appear together in the regional Dexes.

I wonder if there's going to be Alolan Remoraid/Octillery and the Remoraid follows Mantine around.

Last edited:

blue

gucci
Years
Wingull and Murkrow appear overhead on Route 1, so I presume they'll both be available on MeleMele island. Since Murkrow could only be caught at Vast Poni Canyon in Sun & Moon, it would mean it can be caught much earlier on in the game this time around. I suppose it makes sense though considering how Misdreavus can be caught at Hau'oli Cemetery which is also on MeleMele.

Back