• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Leaks/Rumors Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    It is true that not all the protagonists were established to be 10 years old. Ones I do know of are Red and Leaf in FR/LG who have been confirmed to be aged around 11. Hilbert and Hilda in B/W are mentioned to be 14, with Calem/Serena from X/Y probably around the same age. And in OR/AS, Brendan and May are said to be 12 years old.

In XY there's a 16 year old trainer who is implied to be younger than you. So it's safe to assume that sun and moon you can be about 17 and I can see the team grunt girl about that age as well. Remember that Jessie and James are in their teens as well

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    Was it specifically stated that our character is 10 years old? I was under the impression that starting with gen 5 our characters were in there mid teens like 15-16.

The people of 4chan were complaining about the female trainer lacking any eye-candy traits in her design like larger chests or wider hips and looking like an actual 10-year-old, so it is assumed that the male trainer is also 10.

Years
    In XY there's a 16 year old trainer who is implied to be younger than you. So it's safe to assume that sun and moon you can be about 17 and I can see the team grunt girl about that age as well. Remember that Jessie and James are in their teens as well

Looking at the official artwork I suspect the S/M protagonists to be around 12, since they do have facial similarities to OR/AS Brendan and May, and probably even Nate and Rosa from B2/W2.

Anyways, Pinkie thinks the lack of eye-candy material on the female protagonist makes him guess they're around 10. So taking that into account, I think S/M protagonists are aged somewhere around 10-12.

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    This was posted on 4chan today but it could be a re-post of an earlier leak

Spoiler:
    Yeahhhhh this sounds very fake, for reasons mentioned before.

However, I'd love if that Zubat thing came true. XD

Edit: On the subject of protagonist age, I think it should be taken into account the female trainer's shirt seems to be larger than her actual body size.

Ok, sorry for the double post, but I feel this needs posting:

https://m.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/4yqenc/happy_hour_meowth_may_slightly_confirm_leaks/

Last edited by a moderator:

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years

blue

gucci
    Years
    It's worth noting that the leakers sometimes put false info in with the mix to throw people off. It happened with X/Y when one leaker said how the Professor would be called Patrice yet they got the Draining Kiss move spot on.

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    Hm, according to Pokébeach a Squirtle was distributed at Worlds, not a Meowth. And according to a user on Serebii, it's not very hard to fake this.

So, the leak could still be fake.

Nath74K

Pokéfan
    Years
    A guy on 4Chan thay says being a part of the French translation team supposedly leaked a beginning of the Pokédex (the 24 first Pokémons):

Spoiler:

Even if we can't know if this is true or not, being French, I feel like those names could really be legit, they are in the style that translators usually name Pokémons in French, and they sound logical if we compare them to the ones we already know.

But if these are true, it would mean that Rockruff (Rocabot in French) would have no split evolution, and it wouldn't have a double type.

Last edited:
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    That Meowth is so easily faked. Someone in the comments in that Reddit thread point out that the person has experience hacking Pokemon as well so :X.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    A guy on 4Chan thay says being a part of the French translation team supposedly leaked a beginning of the Pokédex (the 24 first Pokémons):

Spoiler:

Even if we can't know if this is true or not, being French, I feel like those names could really be legit, they are in the style that translators usually name Pokémons in French, and they sound logical if we compare them to the ones we already know.

But if these are true, it would mean that Rockruff (Rocabot in French) would have no split evolution, and it wouldn't have a double type.
    Wait isn't rockruff a rock type not ground?

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019

Spoiler:

How come the Grubbin nor Yungoos line were listed on this? :s

Nath74K

Pokéfan
    Years
    The guy said he posted just a little part of the dex, because he apparently got removed from the translation team.

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2023
    The guy said he posted just a little part of the dex, because he apparently got removed from the translation team.

I call bull on this. I read an EXACT leak about a month ago about some Italian translator guy being fired and releasing Pokedex leaks. This is wayyyy to similar to that case. This "Pokedex leaking" is obviously is preying on people who want to be spoiled early.

Years

Spoiler:

In case if anyone's wondering what the French names of all revealed Pokemon so far are:
    Spoiler:

Onto the list, it indicates Drampa to be the final evolution of a three-stage line, and Wimpod to also have a three-stage line. Pikipek's final evolution is indicated to become Steel/Flying. However, Yungoos/Gumshoos and the Grubbin line aren't mentioned (they're supposed to come after Pikipek in National Dex order) which means I doubt this list's legitimacy.

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2023
    In case if anyone's wondering what the French names of all revealed Pokemon so far are:
    Spoiler:

Onto the list, it indicates Drampa to be the final evolution of a three-stage line, and Wimpod to also have a three-stage line. Pikipek's final evolution is indicated to become Steel/Flying. However, Yungoos/Gumshoos and the Grubbin line aren't mentioned (they're supposed to come after Pikipek in National Dex order) which means I doubt this list's legitimacy.

Yeah, this screams fake. The more I see leaks like these, the more my head explodes. How do these people avoid legal action? I get tracking someone on the internet is hard, but I would at least think you would have to sign a document of non-disclosure, right?

I don't mind if I'm spoiled, but if you're gonna fool people, at least try to be somewhat legit. It just becomes painful >,>

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Yeah, this screams fake. The more I see leaks like these, the more my head explodes. How do these people avoid legal action? I get tracking someone on the internet is hard, but I would at least think you would have to sign a document of non-disclosure, right?

I don't mind if I'm spoiled, but if you're gonna fool people, at least try to be somewhat legit. It just becomes painful >,>

Yeah, the "leakers" are becoming rather unoriginal in their identities.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    Was it specifically stated that our character is 10 years old? I was under the impression that starting with gen 5 our characters were in there mid teens like 15-16.

Most likely they will be teens, but it is still an extremely weird situation. Thing like that are not exactly allowed in most countries like it is in Japan. This is still a kids game for the most part. It might be targeted at certain audiences but that would just be an extremely bad move on Game Freaks part.

I highly doubt. And I really highly doubt that the character will ever be older than 15, unless it is in the manga or a spin off. These characters look like they are about 12 to 15 at best. They kinda look younger than the ones in BW and XY.

Last edited:

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    Edit: On the subject of protagonist age, I think it should be taken into account the female trainer's shirt seems to be larger than her actual body size.

The first video of the Battle Royale showed the female trainer wearing a different shirt, and it revealed she has a flat chest, thus younger than 12.

Saw this on 4chan. We'll just see until tomorrow when the championship closes and they happen to make one more reveal.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back