• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Leaks/Rumors Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    There was a leak that said Rainbow Greninja would have been revealed around this time, but we safely say that leak has been officially (at least) debunked by our Sun & Moon leaks squad.

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    There was a leak that said Rainbow Greninja would have been revealed around this time, but we safely say that leak has been officially (at least) debunked by our Sun & Moon leaks squad.
    Actually, they said he would be revealed during the closing ceremony of Worlds.

... But regardless, there are other factors that deconfirmed it (such as Gigareki not being a Pokémon), so it's debunked either way.

Years
    Yet another "leak" from 4chan:

Here is some of what will be shown in the next issue of the CoroCoro Magazine:

All towns seem to be named after fruits

Player character can be seen wearing Minior shirt

Salandit evolves into Dorobōkage which is Fire/Poison and maintains Corrosion ability

There is a new Jack-in-the-Box Pokemon called Bokkusuta, it is Dark/Fairy with Prankster ability

Onohill Town is the first town on Akala Island that the player visits

In Onohill Town, Kulane (Alola's Pokemon Storage System Manager) gifts the player with a Collar if you let him pet your Rockruff

If the player chose Rowlet: Kulane gives the Topaz Collar, Rockruff evolves into Kaiyōwanko which is Rock/Water

If the player chose Litten: Kulane gives the Citrine Collar, Rockruff evolves into Denkowanko which is Rock/Electric

If the player chose Popplio: Kulane gives the Garnet Collar, Rockruff evolves into Hottowanko which is Rock/Fire

Hoping this is true mainly since I have not found a fire pokemon for my team, and I am planning on using Rockruff with Popplio anyways. I am guessing it would be fluffy like arcanine! I would be so excited.

Though, this is now one of MANY rumors regarding Rockruff's evolution mechanic...so I am not getting my hopes up. Though, I find that the Rockruff's typing being related to the starter chosen bodes well for the Alchemy (Aristotle) riddle. Furthermore, the leak that claims Rockruff will howl at each island to evolve implies that the same goes for the starters given the shared secret; I am still pretty doubtful the starters will have several split evolutions. Then again, there have been other claims that Rockruff will evolve depending upon the starter chosen, at least the other information given seems very plausible.

Years
    That "leak" from 4chan is very interesting. I really wont Rockruff either way so it gaining a secondary typing that compliments your starter's weakness is great.

Also, I've heard of this rumor going around that the starters can have a possible split final evolution based on what time of day they evolve? Does that have any merit or has it been debunked? Haven't looked too deep into it.

Years
    That "leak" from 4chan is very interesting. I really wont Rockruff either way so it gaining a secondary typing that compliments your starter's weakness is great.

Also, I've heard of this rumor going around that the starters can have a possible split final evolution based on what time of day they evolve? Does that have any merit or has it been debunked? Haven't looked too deep into it.

There's still no evidence for or against that rumor, nor the split evolutions rumor so far. Hopefully we will find out soon after Rockruff's secret is revealed next issue of CoroCoro.

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    Hmm... The only thing that sounds a bit off in this leak is that he says Salandit's evo remains Fire/Poison, even though Salandit is Poison/Fire, but that's just an extreme nitpick. Everything sounds pretty sound and nothing too Farfetch'd, but as usual, I'm thinking fake for now.

... On another note, the Japan website now has now listed Fearow, Gyarados, and Pinsir (hope I didn't forget anyone) on that "Pokémon found in Alola" thing, so I'm guessing that those guys really aren't getting anything special.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    Yet another "leak" from 4chan:

Hoping this is true mainly since I have not found a fire pokemon for my team, and I am planning on using Rockruff with Popplio anyways. I am guessing it would be fluffy like arcanine! I would be so excited.

Though, this is now one of MANY rumors regarding Rockruff's evolution mechanic...so I am not getting my hopes up. Though, I find that the Rockruff's typing being related to the starter chosen bodes well for the Alchemy (Aristotle) riddle. Furthermore, the leak that claims Rockruff will howl at each island to evolve implies that the same goes for the starters given the shared secret; I am still pretty doubtful the starters will have several split evolutions. Then again, there have been other claims that Rockruff will evolve depending upon the starter chosen, at least the other information given seems very plausible.

This leak appears to be piggybacking on the Pokebeach leak that got Mudsdale and Sandygast right. I wonder which of those three split evolutions is the werewolf.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    The names of the pokemon seem to be off from there normal names. The Saladite name means Thief Shadow which does really make too much sense.

Bokkusuta means something along the lines of I Singer. Although Bokku changes depending on what it is used for. It can also mean Manservant.

Ono is not a fruit that I know of, but a plantation in Hawaii. But I don't see anything about Ono Fruit. But the plantation is on Maui which is Akala Island.

Rockruff names seem to be something like Forgiveness Dog, and the other 2 don't even have a Japanese meaning. Or I just can't find them.

One of the rockruff evos have a special o in it while the other 2 do not.

Typing is out of order on Saladite. I know I always check to make sure I am correct when checking types. This makes me think they don't really know the typing or weren't looking at anything and was made up in the mind.

The Electric type for Litten seems complete random. Why give us a one that has nothing to do with fire when the other 2 get a type that it is strong against. You could say because it is becoming ground type, but then why would they give Rowlet's rockruff evo a water type?

Although these aren't too farfetched, it seems fake. And again it is from 4Chan.

And I just had dejavu. The fruit thing seems like it was an extremely early leak.

blue

gucci
    Years
    This was posted on 4chan today but it could be a re-post of an earlier leak

Spoiler:

Years
    Personally, I wouldn't mind split evolutions, but...that one image that's been circulating around with the most plausible final starter evos (the one with mermaid Popplio, etc), are those only showing the daytime evolutions or what? Kind of odd that, if there were split evolutions, that there would be some sort of leaks as to what those evolutions would look like, making me kinda skeptical.

I thought about this too. The best I could come up with is that these are night forms/evolutions.

Owl's are nocturnal, except for burrowing owls, which are the exception as duirnal creatures. Of the two, the concept art be the "night form", and the potential burrowing owl (grass/ground) be the "day form".

Popplio's mermaid evolution seems like it is tied to Hina, mermaid of Kahoolawe. Hina is also the goddess of the moon, who takes various forms (including the mermaid). The fur seal is a mostly nocturnal hunter and has a flipper tail (not hind legs). Sea lions are mostly diurnal hunters. Sea lions are able to run on land and have back feet. I can see the day form being more like a sea lion with hind legs rather than a flipper. This would also add to the illusion of a mermaid transformation at night.

Tigers are nocturnal hunters. However, the Lynx is a diurnal hunter. Perhaps Litten3 is a nocturnal "night form" tiger, with the possibility to evolving into a "day form" lynx.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years

Spoiler:

The ones in bold give me a red flag on this one. I mean honestly, Plumeria is probably like in her 20s. I know in Japan that is a thing, but why the heck Plumeria and not Lillie who becomes a friend and travels with us?

Komala being Normal/Psychic was in the leak with the list that was proven wrong. Which I just don't think that is the right typing either.

A weird Charmander Egg? That hardly makes any sense. I know Alan was possibly mentioned in ORAS, but why a Charmander egg when there is no good reason for it? Charizard isn't even in the Top 10 of favorite pokemon I don't think. At least not in Japan. And why just Charmander? Blastoise is also fairly well liked. Charizard has has special treatment, but when it gets something, the other 2 Kanto starters will usually get the same thing.

And again, it is from 4Chan.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    The Electric type for Litten seems complete random. Why give us a one that has nothing to do with fire when the other 2 get a type that it is strong against. You could say because it is becoming ground type, but then why would they give Rowlet's rockruff evo a water type?

It's like as if Rockruff is suppose to be an equivalent of Eevee.

Spoiler:
    What's bolded is what I have to call the entire leak fake. Plumeria is in her 20's, and your character is 10 again. This would only get Game Freak in trouble in the west for supporting pedophilia.

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
    I'm calling that 4chan leak fake as well, with the same reasons ... Plumeria is an adult, and your character is 10 xD I can't see GF doing that at all. Plus, the leak itself comes from 4chan, so ....

Years
    That latest leak mentions Komala evolves into a Normal/Psychic, just like what that one fake Pokedex list leak claimed. Hau having an Alolan Raichu seems likely (though his Alola starter will still be his ace) given he was shown to use a Pichu (which itself can be caught on Route 1) in the first battle against him.

The possible return of Poke Ball customization could be good, since I kinda liked 4th Gen's Ball Capsules. And a Safari Zone with non-Alolan Forms found would not be the worst thing in the world since not everyone may like the Alola Forms.

Plumeria and Hau having romantic interactions with the protagonist does look eerie though. I seem to call the leak fake, despite liking some of the ideas mentioned.

blue

gucci
    Years
    I mean even I presumed that Hau would end up with an Alolan Raichu, we saw him using a Pichu in that E3 segment. What debunks it for me is the romance between Hau or Plumeria, that just doesn't seem like something GF would have in a Pokemon game.

Years
    I mean even I presumed that Hau would end up with an Alolan Raichu, we saw him using a Pichu in that E3 segment. What debunks it for me is the romance between Hau or Plumeria, that just doesn't seem like something GF would have in a Pokemon game.

If I recall, FR/LG had unchanged dialogue that was originally from R/B/Y and it didn't change even if you played as the female trainer. I think the scene between the protagonist and Shauna watching Parfum Palace's fireworks also had dialogue that didn't change based on the protagonist's gender. I also recall the Shauna scene have her kinda show love towards the protagonist, even if the protagonist was Serena.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    It's like as if Rockruff is suppose to be an equivalent of Eevee.

What's bolded is what I have to call the entire leak fake. Plumeria is in her 20's, and your character is 10 again. This would only get Game Freak in trouble in the west for supporting pedophilia.

Was it specifically stated that our character is 10 years old? I was under the impression that starting with gen 5 our characters were in there mid teens like 15-16.

Years
    Was it specifically stated that our character is 10 years old? I was under the impression that starting with gen 5 our characters were in there mid teens like 15-16.

It is true that not all the protagonists were established to be 10 years old. Ones I do know of are Red and Leaf in FR/LG who have been confirmed to be aged around 11. Hilbert and Hilda in B/W are mentioned to be 14, with Calem/Serena from X/Y probably around the same age. And in OR/AS, Brendan and May are said to be 12 years old.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back