• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Leaks/Rumors Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years

Bobbylicious

Banned
    Years
    Should point out that one of the big four (three now I think) leaks claims Alolan Butterfree, but in the most recent trailer we see a regular Butterfree

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    I thought it was stated that they share a secret with Rockruff (like when Rockruff was first revealed or something)? If this is Rockruff's secret, then it wouldn't be impossible to imagine something similar for the starters.
    They're referring to this post which states there may be a mistranslation: https://mattfgnuu.tumblr.com/post/150723989559/the-starters-and-rockruff-do-not-share-a-secret
    Yes this is what Iwas talking about. Recently people think that by looking at the scan, that's a mistranslation on it. Therefore the starters could very well have alternate forms ( And I still find this likely), but it's not a guarantee as the translation is 100% clear on if the secrets share or separate.

Actually I don't think that the day and night thing was a mistranslation either. The official site says that Rockruff evolves to it's forms depending on whether the Sun or the Moon is influencing it. It sounds like the power of the Solgaleo is so great that even if it's night Rockruff still evolves into Midday form in Sun at night. Likewise for Rockruff Midnight forme with Lunala, even during the day. I can see it being able to evolve depending on the time of day in future versions, but for SM it depends on the mascot.

True it probably was, just badly stated. Therefore it would still lead to a big misunderstanding in translation. But with the recent trailer, we got things sorted out which was nice.

Should point out that one of the big four (three now I think) leaks claims Alolan Butterfree, but in the most recent trailer we see a regular Butterfree

This is certainly worth considering, but so far each leak ( I believe)has an Alolan form that has been seen with it's regular appearance in the game. Which means one of three things:

1)They are misinformed on what got a form and what didn't.

2) Their knowledge of the forms comes from earl versions of the game in which maybe these had drafts for forms, but they never got implemented. Like Mega Flygon in ORAS.

3) The non forms were thrown in there so no one would be suspicious of them.

I'd say 1 is likeliest, but we could also somehow have regular forms and Alolan forms. As each trailer says, footage is not final. Perhaps they threw in pokemon they like for testing purposes, even if they had Alolan forms. I'd say this is also possible, as we've seen that they've created double battles on routes with the female character. Thus showing these battles are just to show the game off and nothing more.

So it is still possible they could get forms, but we shouldn't think they are 100% guaranteed.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Huh. That's really interesting. o.o Now I'm confused myself on whether or not they share the same secret. I was under the impression that they did all this time.

I'm also pretty sure that they still do share a similar one to Rockruff, but now I'm not 100% sure myself...

I'm still thinking it's the same, but the post definitely should be noted just in case it doesn't come true.

I've come to long exclusive starter designs as it be pretty neat to see what they do for them, plus it's a whole new set we don't know about. So I hope it's true as it be cool to see how they look compared to the leaked ones.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    Honestly, I don't see how it can be mistranslated when 4 sites, one in which has Japanese Translators, would have mistranslated it. Every leak that isn't the Big 3, I am pretty sure are fake. Otherwise they would have started leaking a heck of a lot earlier. Heck, the possible starters, which are pretty much confirmed at this point, came out right when we started getting real news.

Last edited:

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Honestly, I don't see how it can be mistranslated when 4 sites, one in which has Japanese Translators, would have mistranslated it. Every leak that isn't the Big 3, I am pretty sure are fake. Otherwise they would have started leaking a heck of a lot earlier. Heck, the possible starters, which are pretty much confirmed at this point, came out right when we started getting real news.

Same way everyone thought rockruff's evolution was day and night exclusive only. That and a few other small things have been mis translated.

Also every site copies Serebii pretty much. I know that's what pokejungle will do. Joe Merrick translates things himself with the help of others which is how he acts so fast.

so it's possible the starters is slightly mis translated. We'll know soon enough.

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    Same way everyone thought rockruff's evolution was day and night exclusive only. That and a few other small things have been mis translated.

Also every site copies Serebii pretty much. I know that's what pokejungle will do. Joe Merrick translates things himself with the help of others which is how he acts so fast.

so it's possible the starters is slightly mis translated. We'll know soon enough.
    Well, in the defense of the Rockruff thing, it says it gets the forms from being exposed to extreme amounts sunlight/moonlight, so it's moreso CoroCoro's fault for its wording.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Well, in the defense of the Rockruff thing, it says it gets the forms from being exposed to extreme amounts sunlight/moonlight, so it's moreso CoroCoro's fault for its wording.

Yeah, coro coro isn't always the best at wording making translations hard. I know the owner of the site Source gaming also took a look at them( who lives in Japan and is fluent in Japanese), and said how it said version exclusives but then under it, there was text saying they are night time and day time exclusive, but implied to be separate for the version exclusive text. Thus it made it complex and hard to be truly understood till the trailer came out.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    https://mattfgnuu.tumblr.com/post/150723989559/the-starters-and-rockruff-do-not-share-a-secret

This Tumblr user claims that the so-called "secret" shared between Rockruff and the Alola Starters might not actually be a thing after all, due to what he says is a mistranslation. Guess I may not have to get my worry up about a potentially ugly split evolution if this is the case.

This is why I want to learn more kanji :c I wanna be able to translate this stuff and not rely on other people's interpretations haha.

I mean, it could also be exclusive Z-Moves or a ingame event. It wasn't confirmed that this is the real secret, was it?

Bobbylicious

Banned
    Years
    I mean, it could also be exclusive Z-Moves or a ingame event. It wasn't confirmed that this is the real secret, was it?

Eh, the previous issue did say that this issue would focus on Rockruff's secret evolution so idk. Like it doesn't outright confirm this is the secret, but it does imply that this is what it may be. It's more or less up to you to draw your own conclusion. I also just went back to Serebii to see the original post and all it says is "CoroCoro hints that Rowlet, Litten, Popplio and Iwanko all hide a secret"

Personally I think it'll be stupid to give the starters version exclusive evolutions, and I don't think it'll happen.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    Eh, the previous issue did say that this issue would focus on Rockruff's secret evolution so idk. Like it doesn't outright confirm this is the secret, but it does imply that this is what it may be. It's more or less up to you to draw your own conclusion. I also just went back to Serebii to see the original post and all it says is "CoroCoro hints that Rowlet, Litten, Popplio and Iwanko all hide a secret"

Personally I think it'll be stupid to give the starters version exclusive evolutions, and I don't think it'll happen.

Whoops, I forgot about that. I guess we can assume that's Rockruff's, then!

blue

gucci
    Years
    Years
    Just thought I'd direct this to those in denial regarding mega evolutions in S/M.

Spoiler:

Well, at least we finally got closure on the "RIP Megas" debate. Still feeling we won't get new Megas though, and they'll likely be postgame-only.

Years
    Just thought I'd direct this to those in denial regarding mega evolutions in S/M.

Spoiler:

Nice. I honestly was pretty 50/50 on whether I thought they were coming back.

The next question is, will we have new megas? Can alolan formes have megas?

I am still holding out for a mega Milotic and Flygon from ORAS which left myself and others pretty damn salty! Though, I would also like to see the Johto starters final evos with mega formes as has been speculated -- mainly i just want Mega-Meganium (for reason other than the fact that Mega-Mega is hilarious.)

Really though, I would say pokemon that are already tropical, and thus do not need an alolan form would be the best candidates. Like Bellossom, Lapras, Starmie, Tropius, Chatot, Ludicolo, etc.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    I went back in time to read the corocoro translations from when Rockruff was reaveled, Serebii is the only one that stated that Rockruff and teh starters shared a secrete, however Pokejungle and the the others say this about Rockruff.

"There is a secret hidden in that little body. In fact, there are also surprising secrets about the starter Pokémon too…!?"

Serebii however, has changed there thing since then. It used to say they all share a secrete, but they changed it to they all hide a secrete, but as I think it was stated, it was never confirmed for them to have the same secrete as most seem to think, as I did for a while.

However, I think they still hold the same secrete, but it is possible that they may not be version exclusives like Rockruff. I think they all hold a Split Evolution, and we know that there is only 2 evolutions with each starter, so they aren't different pokemon, but it is very likely that they could be based on Gender or Evolved in Night or Day or both.

Day and Night is playing a massive role in the games, so I am pretty sure that the secrete is probably related to that.

Edit: As for the Mega Evolution Topic, I was 100% certain they would return. Pokemon anime and games focused way way way too much on them to just throw it out. Especially after it was received well after the first few announcements. It was too big of a Battle Mechanic not to return. I do hope they make something where when can store them away from items. They cause way too much clutter once you collect all of them.

Last edited:

blue

gucci
    Years
    I really think these starter split evolutions will be based on gender rather than day and night. I think the similarity they share with Rockruff will be split evolution, but in terms of what determines the evolution, then I think gender would be more fitting for starters.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I feel bad for shadypenguin, who made a bold claim that Mega Evolutions aren't coming back in SM.

Well that's what can happen when you stick your neck out and say outright that something isn't going to happen.

I don't really understand why people would have ever thought they were going to be removed anyway. No new Megas I could see but not the outright removal of them....I mean they've never removed Pokemon or forms of Pokemon before. (well aside from spiky eared Pichu maybe but that's kind of an odd one) Why would they start now?

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
    I didn't think they would remove Megas, that would be like removing entire Pokemon! Imagine if they removed Scizor from Ruby and Sapphire or Yanmega from Black and White! I would have been so pissed that I wouldn't be able to use my Mega Beedrill or Mega Lopunny again (and thanks to Accelerock, Charizard would be even worse than he was in Gen 5).

There MIGHT be new Megas post game, if they decide to focus on them, maybe Dexio and Sina could hand you some Mega Stones? or you could find them while hunting for Zygarde Cores. I'm hoping for Johto starters too because they don't get that much love and are all pretty weak Pokemon competitively.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back