• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Leaks/Rumors Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
  • I'm still banking on Salandit having a gender-based split evolution because of that PokeBeach leak I've shared a few days, which got our sandcastle Pokémon correct. That means Drampa will also have a pre-evo, so TheOneIntegral will need to update his dex next month during the Rockruff evo leaks.

Years
  • Like that one fake Pokedex leak said, I feel Drampa will have just one pre-evo. For some reason its design doesn't scream pseudo-legend to me, but Goodra did prove me wrong last generation.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Alola Forms seem to be marketed as new Pokemon, similar to the Mega Evolutions.

Really? In the latest trailer the first line says "Three new Pokemon from the Alola region" and we see Wishiwashi, Pyukumuku and Morelull....and then later in the trailer they say "more regional variants discovered" and we see the Alolan forms of Meowth, Marowak and Raichu.

So I would say they're being marketed as "regional variants".

Sure they're new (it's not like I'm denying that) but that doesn't make them new Pokemon. They're new forms (or variants as the Pokemon Company is calling them) of old Pokemon.

Heck if anything the whole point of Alola forms is that they're old Pokemon that have been given a new lease of life.

Last edited:

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Here's another leak for those interested.

Spoiler:

Sirfetch’d

Here's another leak for those interested.

Spoiler:

I wonder who? :o

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019

Spoiler:

I hope it is true, sounds really interesting.
    A returning character as a champion? YES PLEASE

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019

Spoiler:
    The part where they say that those Pokémon share the Radiant Sun/Full Moon form makes me think it's fake.

... But if it's real, calling it right now, the Champion would be Red.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Caitlin also wouldn't be surprising to me, though my concer is that she kind of sticks out like a sore thumb in a region like Alola, unless that was actually her home region...? I don't think we've ever really found out where Caitlin really lived, have we?

Well the two connections people have made is that a) Hawaii is an American state just like New York & b) She has villas all over the world which wouldn't rule out her owning one in Alola. She also had dialogue that read "Will I be a Champion somewhere next? You never know!" which could be seen as foreshadowing. It does feel like quite a long shot but there seems to be some support to this theory. I would love for this to be the case, a Psychic type expert as a Champion would be awesome.

Pretty Wing

きれいなハネ
    Years
    Following the July leaks for Sun and Moon here are some brand new information regarding the games coming out this November.

• Professor Kukui hides a secret identity
    Best mates with Guzma, secret joint-CEO of Team Skull. This will be the twist. Him and Guzma have been hatching a plan ever since they were rejected as captains. He wants access to the strongest moves for Alola domination.

• Vileplume, Victreebel gets alola forms
    I'd love these two to get an Alola form. I wonder what changes they'll make, I'd imagine they'd retain Grass and have a different second typing.

• Happiny line, Vulpix line, Clamperl line, lake trio all gain Fairy typing
    I agree that these typings make sense, but I find these harder to believe since it probably would've been done with Gen VI. Dunsparce needs to be on this list!

• New pokemon based on flamingo, orangutan holding a coconut, whale shark, snowman, ghost tiki
    These again? Not sure if the repeated mention of ghost tikis and snowmen is now more credible, or if it's just leakers jumping on a bandwagon.

• There are 16 total trial captains with 4 on each island
    • There are four Kahunas with 1 on each island. Each gives you a badge piece to be used to enter the league and catch Solgaleo and Lunala
    THIS IS THE BEST BIT. 16 + 4 = good riddance Gyms. I wonder if Kahunas use mixed-typed teams? I can't see two captains using the same type. I also can't see Kahunas using a type used by a captain as Kahunas seem more important.

I remember reading a rumour that Team Skull has access to the Poison and Dark Z-Moves/badges. Maybe it applies here?

• Alola champion is a returning character, not new
    RED. Haha no, please be female!!!

• Solrock, Espeon, Sunflora share Radiant forme with Solgaleo
    • Solrock, Umbreon, Honchkrow share Fullmoon forme with Lunala
    This one is making my alarm bells ring that this might be fake. It's an interesting idea but very random. Who knows. Sunflora, really? When had she ever received special treatment?

• Dive is a returning mechanic but enhanced
    Imagine if eventually we could dive to traverse between the islands? Ala Sootopolis. That would be so amazing.

Last edited:

Sirfetch’d

Leaks/Rumors Discussion Thread

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021

Spoiler:

You know I was actually thinking about the rugby monkey the other day, and I was thinking about how it could use a coconut as a rugby ball.

I'm not really buying this.

I'm guessing they meant to say Lunatone gets a fullmoon forme not Solrock?

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years

Spoiler:

The only one in the Vulpix line that's confirmed to have a Fairy typing is Alola Ninetales, so that part of this batch of leaks doesn't really make sense to me.

I'm not really sold on there being 16 captains; yeah, the Japanese site confirms there's more than the 4 we already know about, but in order to keep in line with tradition I think they're only going to give us 8. The 16 is probably coming from the portion of fans that have been wanting 16 Gyms since GSC/HGSS.

It's kinda hard to imagine Kukui with a secret identity, but that would be a really nice twist.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Just some random thoughts of mine.

• Professor Kukui hides a secret identity
    Remember how Sycamore totally should have been the leader of Team Flare all along? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

• Vileplume, Victreebel gets alola forms
    Isn't Bellossom technically "Alola Vileplume" on a very very meta level?

• Happiny line, Vulpix line, Clamperl line, lake trio all gain Fairy typing
    This right here is what makes me call this a fake. Retconning Types onto older Pokémon the gen the Type is implemented makes sense, but not the gen after. If Game Freak wanted these lines to be Fairy, they would have been changed into Fairy-Types in XY.

• Zygarde is caught in the main story
    Funny how these supposed "leaks" want to give us details like this but don't divulge the reason why we're even able to do this. That seems like it would be pretty important.

• Huge postgame, involving past champions
    A lot of these recent "leaks" are also trying to play off of this idea with "past Champions" in the post-game. I wouldn't be opposed to it (although with only the Champions it does strike me as a "watered-down PWT" which isn't as much fun on the surface) but it does make me wonder, who qualifies as Champion? Would we see Steven and Wallace like in B2W2's PWT? Would N be considered a Champion the way Red was? By extension of the Steven and Wallace question, would both Alder and Iris be involved? Because it's something I care a lot about, I always question these kinds of claims regarding just how extensive this "Champion post-game" is.

• There are 16 total trial captains with 4 on each island
    If there are really that many, there had better be one who specializes in Dark-Type.

• There are four Kahunas with 1 on each island. Each gives you a badge piece to be used to enter the league and catch Solgaleo and Lunala
    Weird that the "badge pieces" would be required to catch the legendary, unless they mean "required" as they set off a flag for their availability, rather than it being "required" in a plot sense.

• Alola champion is a returning character, not new
    Considering the XY Hiker mentioned Alola's Champion is "really something else," I feel like it wouldn't be a character from Kalos. I know that saying something like, "Our Champion is someone you already know" makes things a bit too obvious, but I dunno. If this does turn out to be true, though, I would be very intrigued--but I'd also hope the Champion in question is actually involved in the plot this time, unlike Diantha in XY. I guess if we see an older character confirmed for return we better keep an eye on them.

• Solrock, Espeon, Sunflora share Radiant forme with Solgaleo
    • Solrock, Umbreon, Honchkrow share Fullmoon forme with Lunala
    This also has me questioning the validity of this "leak." As much as I'd love for Espeon and Umbreon to get some recognition due to the names of the games, I still can't imagine them getting something that major, which is shared with the legendaries of all Pokémon. And while it would be awesome for Sunflora and Honchkrow to receive some time in the spotlight, they're ones I can imagine even less receiving a form change along the likes of a legendary.

• Dive is a returning mechanic but enhanced
    I always enjoyed Dive, be it in Hoenn or Unova, so regardless of this "leak's" credibility (which, despite some cool ideas, I feel is very much fake), I'd like to see Dive be improved upon this gen.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Sunflora seems like a completely irrelevant Pokemon that's probably more deserving of an Alola form than to share a Radient form with a legendary...

Now that you say that, I'm reminded of how sunflowers can grow to be like 12 feet tall. Alola Sunflora could take a page out of Exeggutor's book...

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years

Spoiler:

Was this leak also from 4chan? I might've missed that one as I was busy playing Hyrule Warriors Legends. In any case, I no longer believe whatever leak that originates from it, because so far the Chinese leak, riddles leak, and Pokebeach leak have the most credibility for me. That means we're not getting 92 new Pokémon (we're getting 120+ according to the Pokebeach leak), and why on Earth would they suddenly give a few Pokémon new types a gen or so after the types' introduction, especially on the Vulpix line when only Alola Ninetales is part Fairy?

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
  • I'm calling that leak fake... Especially because the Vulpix Line gains the fairy type, which is stupid since that should've been done when the Fairy-type was introduced. Plus, we already have Alolan Ninetales which is already Faiy ....

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    I mean, it's what makes this leak all the more weirder is that Lunatone is somehow not mentioned at all...
    I just assumed that putting Solrock's name for the "Full Moon" form was a typo where Lunatone's name was actually supposed to be.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back