• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Leaks/Rumors Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Team Player
Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    It be weird to go back to Kanto considering that you move from Kanto to Alola. Unless after beating the game you go back there to announce your success in Alola, or maybe you go back after hearing how it's changed. Either one of those seems unlikely though. Going back to Kanto would be neat in 3d, but going back to Kalos would be better imo.

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2016
    Looks like someone has an encrypted version of the demo already downloaded. Nothing new just yet but apparently they're looking through.

Whole thing could be fake but it wouldn't surprise me if someone did have some sort of download this early, even if it is encrypted.

That someone would be me.

You can see the icon retriver pic on my twitter, which is @SciresM.

Re: E:/Michael/3dsdev -- Michael is my name, and 3dsdev is the folder where I put all my 3ds related work in -- when Kaphotics and I datamined the oras demo, it was in E:/Michael/3dsdev/ORAS Demo.

Nothing can be datamined from the demo before its release date. When I say encrypted, I *mean* encrypted.

Nath74K

Pokéfan
    Years
  • I don't think we'll return to Kanto.
    But maybe someones gives you the Kanto set as a present when you arrive at Festival Plaza for the first time?

Years
  • So, the "Riddler" (the one with hints), the "Chinese" (the one with the snowman and dolphin), and the concept art (the starters final evolutions) leaks are not yet proven false?

At this point, yes.

The Chinese leaks accurately predicted a lot of the confirmed info so far (though not all of it), and the concept art of the starters' final evolutions has also been very credible due to said Chinese leak mentioning the "archer, wrestler, siren" theme, as well as Ash and Mallow appearing in the art (specifically the piece for Litten's final evolution).

Years
  • Yeah I think so! I wonder how it will link up the stories of XY with the plot of Alola.

--

Something else that's very interesting that I don't think was mentioned was the selection of products you can buy in Festival Plaza:

I just found it very interesting that there's no Kanto set. Such a huge focus on Kanto in these games (Alola forms, Alola Oak, Kanto Pok?mon getting Z Moves)... seems odd there's no Kanto Set available for purchase. Unless you can only buy a Kanto Set in Kanto itself? I remember there was a 4chan leak which has got some things correct, that mentioned the SS Anne being back...

There's also a scroll bar on the side. It could be that the Kanto set is just further down the list. I know that the honey set is in a weird spot if that's true, but we haven't seen the full list yet.

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    So, the "Riddler" (the one with hints), the "Chinese" (the one with the snowman and dolphin), and the concept art (the starters final evolutions) leaks are not yet proven false?
    Well, after Ash-Greninja's reveal, we do have a strike against the Chinese leak. They claimed that the logo diamonds would cause Ash-Greninja's transformation, but that's not the case.

Regardless, for the most part, it's real.

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
  • I'm kind of confused as to what these regional sets are supposed to be about. o.o Huh.

Just random items I guess, probably not anything worth a lot if a PP Up costs 200 FC and the regional sets only cost 10 FC. edit: could be a random regional-specific item? Like maybe the Johto Set will have a random Apricorn Ball, and the Hoenn Set could have a Lava Cookie.

Bobbylicious

Banned
    Years
  • I'd love to be able to go back to Kanto in these games (or any region, really), but I don't see it happening.

Well, after Ash-Greninja's reveal, we do have a strike against the Chinese leak. They claimed that the logo diamonds would cause Ash-Greninja's transformation, but that's not the case.

Regardless, for the most part, it's real.
    Well tbh it doesn't completely deconfirm it. I mean it does seem to be the case but all that's been said is we'll be able to transfer Ash-Greninja over, I don't think they ever said anything about it being exclusive to the demo, as Mega Glaile/Steelix weren't. It might be possible that the demo Greninja excludes needing the diamonds, when Greninja in the game will need diamonds (like I said, I doubt this is the case).

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • That someone would be me.

You can see the icon retriver pic on my twitter, which is @SciresM.

Re: E:/Michael/3dsdev -- Michael is my name, and 3dsdev is the folder where I put all my 3ds related work in -- when Kaphotics and I datamined the oras demo, it was in E:/Michael/3dsdev/ORAS Demo.

Nothing can be datamined from the demo before its release date. When I say encrypted, I *mean* encrypted.

Literally so ready for these datamines. I'm too impatient to wait for everything.

Caaethil

#1 Greninja Fan
    Years
  • Can someone remind me what the most established/most likely names for the leaked starter final evolutions are? Please and thank you.

I call them Robinroot, Beltigre and Sirene. No way of knowing if those are real, they were just from yet another probably fake leak, but I like the names so I use them, and I think that's probably the set of names that most will recognise the designs from.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Just random items I guess, probably not anything worth a lot if a PP Up costs 200 FC and the regional sets only cost 10 FC. edit: could be a random regional-specific item? Like maybe the Johto Set will have a random Apricorn Ball, and the Hoenn Set could have a Lava Cookie.

Please bring back Apricorn Balls and improved breeding mechanics.... please!! I literally only want this because it's confirmed we can catch Eevee and then I can finally breed Love/Moon Ball Eevee legally 8) I wonder if we'll be able to catch Pokemon with their Hidden Abilites in the wild again? This would be so interesting with Apricorn Balls...

as for the the starter evos, I've seen Robinroot, Robinhoot, Luchalitten, Beltigre, Poppamaid, Entermaid... there's just a lot of fan names out there, no way to tell what the real ones are.

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2016
    Now that you bring up the mention of Hidden Abilities, I wonder what method S/M is going to introduce to obtain Pokemon with those abilities? It's worth some thought.

If i had to guess it would probably be the isle abeen game they showed in yesterdays trailer.

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2016
    That's actually a good point! At the very least, I hope those Pokemon would have hidden abilities. :o I also wonder if the Pokemon visiting would be totally random (it most likely will be, but yeah)?

I dont think they would be random. I would think since pokemon in your box join in those islands it would have to do with the Pokémon you place there that attract certain pokemon to join you.

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2016
    So you're thinking like say, if I place say, Mimikyu in my PC, the Pokemon that would show up with have some connection or something with Mimikyu? :o

Yes. For example similar type and for certain pokemon that would have a special connection to it. So say you put a seviper in there you could attract other poison types or maybe a zangoose since they are connected.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Maybe it has to do with the type of Poké Bean you're using?

That image shows three Flying-types which would indicate some sort of item (or perhaps Pokemon) has attracted Flying Pokemon specifically.

Reactions: Z25
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    I hope with those new shops we can buy those balls from Johto so now Gen 5 to 7 can get Love Balls and all the other Johto balls.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024

Saw this as part of a tweet from people cracking the demo. Would be really cool - wonder what sort of memories and past events it would be tied to. Seems kind of similar to Memory Link from BW2 but cooler since it's tied to your data and not connecting games.
    What are we even going to have memories of? Fondly thinking about Prof. Sycamore? I can do that without data linking. If these games had more ties with Kalos (and Hoenn, since it mentions ORAS) I totally would have believed something like this could happen but at this point I feel like this connection feature must be for something else.

Something else that's very interesting that I don't think was mentioned was the selection of products you can buy in Festival Plaza:

I just found it very interesting that there's no Kanto set. Such a huge focus on Kanto in these games (Alola forms, Alola Oak, Kanto Pokémon getting Z Moves)... seems odd there's no Kanto Set available for purchase. Unless you can only buy a Kanto Set in Kanto itself? I remember there was a 4chan leak which has got some things correct, that mentioned the SS Anne being back...
    Are Festival Coins are for use within the festival plaza? If so, I can't imagine being able to buy any sort of "set" outside of the plaza regardless of region. What are these "sets" even of? If they're just of, say, special PokéBalls, it makes sense for there to be no "Kanto set" because Kanto has no special PokéBalls.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • What are these "sets" even of? If they're just of, say, special PokéBalls, it makes sense for there to be no "Kanto set" because Kanto has no special PokéBalls.

I'm thinking they're sets of healing items that were introduced to that region. So the Johto set would be Rage Candy Bars, Hoenn would be Lava Cookies, Sinnoh Old Gateaus, Unova CasteliaCones, and Kalos Lumiose Galettes. Perhaps there is no Kanto Set because no item of the sort was introduced in gen I iirc.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I'm thinking they're sets of healing items that were introduced to that region. So the Johto set would be Rage Candy Bars, Hoenn would be Lava Cookies, Sinnoh Old Gateaus, Unova CasteliaCones, and Kalos Lumiose Galettes. Perhaps there is no Kanto Set because no item of the sort was introduced in gen I iirc.
    That makes a lot of sense; I think you'll be right about that!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back