• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Legends: Arceus] Legends: Arceus General Discussion Thread

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
Years
  • I like that they finally changed up the battle system a bit. Cautiously excited.

I'm also a sucker for new Pokémon species, so imagine my surprise when I first saw Wyrdeer and Basculegion.

Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2021
    I love Basculegion. I like Basculin already and this fish goes even harder on the "big angry gamefish" angle with the migratory aspect.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    stantler big brother is my new fav

pink shiny feathers braviary was cute too

Years
  • stantler big brother is my new fav

pink shiny feathers braviary was cute too

I love Wyrdeer, instantly one of my favorite designs!

Honestly, I am really happy with everything that came from the Presents. We are about to be spoiled with content and it feels damn good to be a Pokemon fan right now.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    The new Pokémon and forms look pretty good, although not sure on the Stantler evo yet. My big problem with this game is the look tbh. Those idling Pokémon models show next to no personality, the landscape looks somewhat sparse and low res.

The Switch has shown some major titles really up the game, and I was hoping this spin off would be the chance for Pokémon to do the same. It's weird to think that Pokémon Snap might be the best looking game for the next decade.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Yea, honestly it's pretty cool that it's been two and a half decades and we're still receiving exciting content. And nice designs! Because Wyrdeer 😍

Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2022
    I gotta admit the graphics in the newest video don't look the best, especially for a new game by a big name developer, but I'm usually not too fussed about that. I just hope the plot is engaging since recent games have been a bit disappointing in that regard, though I never finished Sun/Moon so I can't speak about that particular series.

Years
  • I gotta admit the graphics in the newest video don't look the best, especially for a new game by a big name developer, but I'm usually not too fussed about that. I just hope the plot is engaging since recent games have been a bit disappointing in that regard, though I never finished Sun/Moon so I can't speak about that particular series.

Yeah, well, it is on the Switch so we can't expect too much as far as graphics are concerned. Game also has 5 months until release so I am not worried about it. I imagine it will look about as good as BotW.

Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2022
    BotW is pretty up there in terms of graphics imo, especially when you consider that it came out at launch, which is what, two years ago? You'd think a new game would be better, but again Pokemon has never really been that cutting edge in that regard since they left their (incredible) pixel art behind. I'm sure younger players (who are apparently Nintendo's target audience?) won't take that much, anyway, as long as it looks halfway decent.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • I like how L:A looks tbh. Thge landscape's got this kinda washed out aesthetic that I really like, even though the graphical fidelity isn't all that high. I'll definitely take it over BDSP's confused colour design.

Years
  • Personally, I really like how it looks. The settings are pretty and the animation seems solid enough. People expect too much out of Pokemon sometimes. It would look and feel really weird if it was too detailed.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I don't think it'd be hard to make really pretty graphics considering even indie game makers can manage that. But maybe that's not their focus. Or maybe it truly will be very pretty, we just haven't seen the most of it yet c:

Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2022
    As long as the actual Pokemon look good I won't be too bothered about the rest. It would be nice to get BotW-level environments but it's not necessary since Pokemon's gameplay is focused on the monsters themselves.

Years
  • I think the graphics are fine, honestly. I will enjoy this game I feel. I am gonna probably preorder this bad boy ASAP or wait perhaps.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I was looking at that menu screenshot again and was wondering why it said "pastures". After looking it up (non-native speaker) I just thought to myself "I guess that makes sense, given that this plays before the box system was invented".

I do have to wonder, though: I kinda hope they elaborate a little more on this. Maybe we can even visit all the Pokemon we caught? Would be cool for sure!

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • It isn't too farfetch'd of an idea. We have had pastures before in the games. On Pokemon Ranch and Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee. With how advanced the game is compared to others, I can't see a reason why we couldn't. But depends on how much work they put into the games. If they games have a limited number of pokemon, which they probably do, it makes it even more possible.

But I agree, it would be nice to play with our pokemon again. With us already able to hang out with them in the trailer, that might be where we end up doing it at.

Years
  • Anyone know if pre-ordering it will give something extra to the "early birds"? I know how it sounds, poor man's mentality, can't say it ain't so.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Anyone know if pre-ordering it will give something extra to the "early birds"? I know how it sounds, poor man's mentality, can't say it ain't so.

As far as we know, the only thing currently is a mask that looks like Hisuian Zoroark and a outfit. Currently, that is all we have. If I am not mistaken, we have 4 months to get these events, but I am not completely sure.

I do not think there is a pre order bonus currently, that probably won't be revealed till after BDSP is released to keep from people getting confused.

Years
  • As far as we know, the only thing currently is a mask that looks like Hisuian Zoroark and a outfit. Currently, that is all we have. If I am not mistaken, we have 4 months to get these events, but I am not completely sure.

I do not think there is a pre order bonus currently, that probably won't be revealed till after BDSP is released to keep racking in more money.

There, fixed it. Thanks for the info btw :P

Back